• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Dude how bad did you wanna kiss Mary Jane? Don't even lie.

Shit still slaps. I think I'm going to pretend to be Spider-Man for old times sake.

What dumb shit did you do as a kid? Or now, I don't really judge.

edit: this thread is also a PSA that Spider-Man is hyphenated. Stop with that Spiderman shit.

Smash that like and subscribe button and sound off below 👇

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
What is that song even actually about anyway? Before I knew the lyrics I thought I knew but after not so much.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
according to youtube that other dude is josey scott

and according to google he was the lead singer of a band called saliva

so now those are new things i know about!

here he is as a secret character in tiger woods pga tour 2003 for some reason

he left the band to persue a solo christian career, but dont worry last year he announced a reunion!

Oct 27, 2017
zi8NJUa.gif

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
"Hero" is a classic, and while it is nowhere near as good, "Gifts & Curses" the main song from Spiderman 2 by Yellowcard is also a great earworm.

I'd say so.

How about that Dashboard Confessional song from Spider-Man 2. That song filled my Emo tank.

The Spiderman 2 was filled with emo bangers. The Dashboard one is great, but I am also partial to Taking Back Sunday's song.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Yesterday someone made a thread about bands you dislike but have that one song you thinks it's good.
It's this one.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I also really liked Signal Fire and Move Away from the Spider-Man 3 soundtrack...

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
One of only three Nickelback songs I will listen to without shame. Also brings back nostalgia for Spider-Man 2 and 2004 as a kid.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Last edited:

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
So, I used to blast John Williams scores from my car. No joke, this is around '93 and I'm a high school junior.

I would literally crank it full volume with the window down so every motherfucker out there knew how baddass the score to Indiana Jones is!

Last edited:

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have it my playlist so it pops up once in a blue. Great song and perfect combo with Spidey. Still in my top 10 theater experience. The jump in quality compared to every other early 2000s hero movies is insane.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
It's been almost twenty years... I can finally admit... it's a good song.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
To answer both of your questions....I've never found Kirsten Dunst attractive and this song just never hooked me. Probably has something to do with the 2 people singing it.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
So weird trivia I remember hearing...

Apparently at some point, someone at Columbia Records really wanted this song from Our Lady Peace to be the front-running single for Spider-Man. The band was putting out a new album that summer (long story short, they got a new producer who the band hated, which led to replacing their guitarist, noticeably changing their sound, and got them writing and recording dozens upon dozens of songs just to pick whatever was most radio-friendly), in an overall push to make them more mass-market, particularly in the US. The exact reason it fell through, no idea.

BUT the drummer for the 'Hero' song is the drummer from Our Lady Peace (it's why it isn't a Nickelback song, it's a bunch of different members of different bands)

Last edited:

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
So, I used to blast John Willams scores from my car. No joke, this is around '93 and I'm a high school junior.

I would literally crank it full volume with the window down so every motherfucker out there knew how baddass the score to Indiana Jones is!
I'm just a couple of years ahead of you and I blasted the Batman '89 soundtrack from my tape deck that summer. Everyone needed to know about the Party Man, who could rock a party like nobody can.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I'm just a couple of years ahead of you and I blasted the Batman '89 soundtrack from my tape deck that summer. Everyone needed to know about the Party Man, who could rock a party like nobody can.
I feel like we could be siblings. I blasted plenty of Danny Elfman scores as well. And Prince of course.

edit: I made a huge mistake and referred to Danny Elfman as Tim Burton for a second. Please forgive... but cut me slack because the two basically felt like the same person in the late '80s to '90s.

Last edited:

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
LOL Josey Scott, (former)lead singer of Saliva is "that other dude".

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I thought I was the only one who would shamelessly admit that I liked that song, being Nickelback and all :x Tonight I am surprised with so many feeling the same.