• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Happy Birthday! You seem to have a good career. Only gets better, man. 20s suck in comparison when you have your shit together.

You seemed mad older by your posting style.

You're already this grumpy at 30 lol?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
That will be Dec 10th for me... not looking forward to it lol. I was planning a huge party with my friends during the whole weekend, but the pandemic didn't want me to have it my way.

Oct 28, 2017
California
I'm 33. My life has been WAAAAY fucking better in my 30s than it was in my 20s.

Me in my 20s: Obese, depressed, wasting years in college and not even going for my teaching credentials after getting a BA because I was burnt the fuck out, and didn't know how to manage what little money I had.

Me now in my 30s: At the healthiest weight I've ever been, good paying job, 401(k), Roth IRA, stock investments, and just a year or so from being able to buy a house on my own, and much more socially active (well, before COVID that is).

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Happy birthday! Here's your cane.

You're now at the age where 20-somethings will think you're old, but older people will still roll their eyes when you say that you feel old. Enjoy.

Seriously though, it's a pretty decent age because you're old enough to be independent and fairly comfortable with who you are, but not so old that your age starts feeling restrictive.

HylianMaster2020

alt account
Banned
Jun 30, 2020
I appreciate the OP being open about their age, I don't see 30, 40 being old, especially paired with today's climate, tech, meds etc. today a human has an easy path to 100.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Happy birthday.

And welcome to the club, for me the 30s have been good, i found true love and sucess in my career and personal life (With some bad streaks) but overall my 30s have been good. Hope is good for you as well.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Happy birthday, OP!

I'm 32. I'm in the best shape now than I've ever been in my life (both in strength and in cardio / conditioning). I'm also learning Japanese and setting new professional goals for myself. I'm also much more confident being myself than I ever have been, and am extremely skilled at ignoring / cutting out ALL bullshit and pettiness in my life.

My 30s have been awesome so far, and yours will be, too. You have all of my well wishes. Kick off the best decade of your life, starting now.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
Congrats, OP!

Got a few days left until 30. Honestly looking forward to be done with the 20's. Too much instability.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
30-35 is peak age man. You're starting to get wealthy, usually no kids yet (or are there) and as a man suddenly women start turning their heads.

Very shortly after 35 it's a steep descent downhill though.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Curious thing about OP. Everytime i see his avatar somehow i always think it is a Pyramid Head for some reason xD.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I turned 30 in July and I still feel like I have no idea what i'm doing in life. I still feel young though so just enjoy yourself!

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Turned 33 like two weeks ago. My 30's have been exponentially better than my 20's.

Other than my body taking noticeably longer to recover from injuries :D

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
That's rough OP.

Congrats on 30 though since I'll be there in Dec soon. Mostly it's like IDR much of my 20s and even earlier is so far away in memory.

Still waiting on the idea that I'll become less poor in 30s so any day now.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Almost 35 here.

On one hand, sucks to get older.

On the other hand, kicks ass to not be living paycheck to paycheck and pinching pennies for everything I want.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I'm in the middle section of my 30s and they've been awesome. 20s are more loose, haphazard, and wild, but life just feels so much more grounded in your 30s.

Nov 9, 2017
Youngins. Whole lot of ya.

Kidding.

Gratz on entering the longest and most rewarding phase of your life OP - after your 20's, when experience and wisdom should start to slowly form who you will be for the rest of your life. Everyone's 20's are a mess (mine included) - life really doesn't start until you are in your 30's imo.

/43
//don't @ me.
///Whatever the hell that means
////Get off my lawn?

Edit:

30's are nothing. Quit your whining lol. Once you hit 40 is when shit gets real and starts to break down.

Happy Birthday!
It's true, my early 30's were some of the best years of my life. When 40 gets close its much harder to keep the energy up. Also your friends get way less social.

These.