• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
DFG

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well you do what you feel is best for you, I definitely need a break from things like twitter now and again, awful cesspool of social media that. I'm still addicted to "the feed" though which I should probably limit more. Figuring out the right balance with tech stuff for one's mental health can be tricky.
If you ever hit the gold of balance, you've become God. (Are mobs sleeping? I did report myself lol)

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I was just talking with my girlfriend last night about how much I appreciate that we could consider countless evenings after work unwinding to experienced like Elden Ring together such a wonderful thing. Thanks to games, we're never bored and always enjoying new adventures and experiences even on days we don't end up going out.

Meanwhile, my non-gamer friends are texting me clawing their eyes out due to boredom, and coworkers are only motivated by money to buy new luxury cars, bigger houses, designer accessories and clothes. Good luck with all that, but I'm thankful to derive enjoyment through simpler means.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I was just talking with my girlfriend last night about how much I appreciate that we could consider countless evenings after work unwinding to experienced like Elden Ring together such a wonderful thing. Thanks to games, we're never bored and always enjoying new adventures and experiences even on days we don't end up going out.

Meanwhile, my non-gamer friends are texting me clawing their eyes out due to boredom, and coworkers are only motivated by money to buy new luxury cars, bigger houses, designer accessories and clothes. Good luck with all that, but I'm thankful to derive enjoyment through simpler means.
My wife is a nongamer and during the height of lockdown I was just chillin playing assassin's creed odyssey and she got sucked in watching the story. She had no idea how immersive and good sthe stories had gotten. So we played through a couple games together that were cinematic focused to get us through. Was a cool way to share the hobby with someone with no interest playing during a really dark time. Her fav was Spider-man and Miles Morales.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021

I wish I could do that kind of thing with my husband, but he's not interested in most games. There's only so much Animal Crossing and Age of Empires 2 I can play.

Even Minecraft is too complicated for his tastes.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
Yup. I probably love them more than I should regarding my absolute lack of love life since about 10 years lol

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
My wife is a nongamer and during the height of lockdown I was just chillin playing assassin's creed odyssey and she got sucked in watching the story. She had no idea how immersive and good sthe stories had gotten. So we played through a couple games together that were cinematic focused to get us through. Was a cool way to share the hobby with someone with no interest playing during a really dark time. Her fav was Spider-man and Miles Morales.

That's great, its always nice when someone that doesn't really play games can find something they enjoy, especially if it helps them cope with something like lockdown/sheltering in place.

To add to this (another lockdown story), my SO and I had a blast playing Valheim together when that was initially exploding in popularity. Collecting materials, building our fort and home, exploring the different biomes together and taking down area bosses, hands down one of the best coop experiences I've had. Although it was obviously online its nice to be able to share something together like that in the same living space. "Local" coop/mp will always be a source of nostalgia for me.

Bait02

Jan 5, 2019
It's definitely my favorite entertainment form.
Although, as art forms music and (often) cinema resonate with me more.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
5k02nee.gif

halo-halo4.gif

celeste_launch_trailer.gif

4a131063445037c19b29a8c735c3a2dc4466c349.gifv

chrono-trigger-bonfire.gif

giphy.gif

L3xe-U.gif

tumblr_ppydekgu1s1y7dldxo1_640.gifv

tumblr_onwpnf1XCn1w77h1yo1_500.gifv