• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
I searched for myself in the six text dumps and found zero hits. I don't know whether to feel good or bad about that. :D

It's kind of weird because I have over twice the posts that you do! ... which again I don't know how to feel about.
Huh. That's odd. I got two hits for my name in the dumps with my relatively small post count. Guess that's just chance.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
  1. ~!~'Halloween' [PS4] Announced

2. Zippo: Just announced at the PS4 sales thread.
  3. The game will be called "Halloween".
  4. -----
  5. KoolAid: Lol that's....tempting.
  6. -----
  7. LegendofLex: I'm so hyped.
  8. -----
  9. TheBaldEmperor: I love Halloween! I can't wait to get my hands on this game.
  10. -----
  11. Ge0force: That's not...a Halloween game?
  12. -----
  13. SofNascimento: This is a game about sex and being drunk, and it's gonna be awesome.
  14. -----
  15. Nemesis162: Jesus, that's not even a release date lol
  16. -----
  17. chandoog: I'm still waiting on a PS4 version.
  18. -----
  19. KoolAid: So, I guess it's not exactly a Halloween game.
  20. -----
  21. Zippo: Oh, I'm so ready!
This could actually just be a thread.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
  1. ~!~The Last of Us Part II coming to Xbox One on June 4th 2019

2. Lashley: I was waiting a long time for this, but I saw this today and it's already coming to Xbox One on June 4th 2019. It looks like there's a good amount of information coming out of this.
  3. The game was announced last week.
  4. -----
  5. Pankratous: It's the first part of the trilogy, a sequel to the first game.
  6. -----
  7. Lashley: Exactly.
  8. -----
  9. Lashley: I really liked Part II, but I wanted the game to add a new story.
  10. -----
  11. Mr.Deadshot: I also want to say that Part II is the first part of the trilogy.
  12. -----
  13. Lashley: The first part of the trilogy, the sequel.
  14. -----
  15. Beartruck: It's the first part of the trilogy.
  16. -----
  17. Lashley: You run into this in the OP:
  18. -----
  19. Lashley: With a lot of announcements and news about Part II, I'm guessing it's coming to XBO too.
  20. -----
  21. Lashley: The first part of the trilogy is still the first part of the trilogy.
Great work. My favourite part was this real organised effort to mislead anyone wondering where to start on the series.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
I've cried laughing at work multiple times while reading through all of these.

My favorite one is:

*New Yoshi Story Trailer (New Super Mario Bros. This!)*

Sedated: Just announced on Nintendo's official stream.
-----
Mbolibombo: YESSSSSSS
-----
Yoshimitsu126: Funny how Yoshi dies early in the game.
-----
Serebii: Wut
-----
Odeko: They also said Yoshi died on Yoshi Island, so it's probably not surprising.
-----
Barely Able: Man, I love this but I'm still waiting for it to come out.
-----
Kemono: This game is soooooo damn good.
-----
Serebii: I do believe that Yoshi died on Yoshi Island
-----
Hollywood Duo: Oh man, that Yoshi is so good!

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I can't wait for the unholy fusion of Trump, MCU and TLJ references when Off-Topic gets the AI treatment.

"Trump tweets: The Last Jedi is a very bad MCU Avengers movie! Bring the liberal endgame now!"

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
Phantom Thief: Hideo Baba is an incredibly terrible man. He was one of the worst men in gaming and has absolutely no place in today's AAA gaming.
He has become a god, a saint, a silver star, a legend, and a legend.
He is a saint of horror and a god of horror.
He is a saint of psychological horror. He is a saint of horror, and he is a saint of horror, and he is a saint of horror.
He is a saint of horror, and he is a saint of horror.
He is a saint of horror, and he is a saint of horror.

Phantom Thief are you okay

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Here's me

~!~Sega has sent out a newsletter for "The Best Sega Games" (in January 2018)

Hero of Legend: Thanks to the people on this forum.
-----

Chie Satonaka91: I thought this was going to be about Sega Games. I didn't understand how people can do that.
-----
skittzo0413: It's kind of ironic that Sega first announced it was a Sega Games newsletter back in December, and then just the other month before that.
-----
Dyle: This is Sega Games, not Sega Game.
-----
Hero of Legend: It's interesting that Sega Games is a Sega Game business and it's their most successful game ever.
-----
DiipuSurotu: I've made a separate thread like this since Shin Megami Tensei 2 came out, but I never really thought it was Sega Game. Now that it seems to be coming to other platforms in the future, it's nice to see Sega Games have a presence in the gaming scene.
-----
Omar310: Uh yeah.
-----

I feel like it got the fact that I'm constantly talking about when things are announced or talked about but kinda missed the fact that I don't really talk about Sega at all.

Also:

Hero of Legend: It's interesting that Sega Games is a Sega Game business and it's their most successful game ever.

Interesting indeed...

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Also obsessed with Switch.

That's basically just Era.

Dr. Caroll: Switch. I want more exclusives. PS5 will have PS5.

Can't wait to play PS5 on the PS5.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
  1. ~!~Now that the release date is over, what's the final version of Xenoblade Chronicles 2?
  2. SolVanderlyn: I don't remember the last time I saw this thread, but there was some discussion about the final version of XC2 and what it would be like if the next game went the way of XC1, but it's not because I'm a huge fan of XC2, but I'm starting to think it would be a good idea to have a thread like this instead.
  3. I'd love to see what the final version of XC2 is like, but I'm not sure what I think would be the final version of XC2. I'm not sure if Square would want to keep their budget for the game, but I'm hoping it's not a full game, or if there's some sort of DLC, or whatever, that would be the final version of XC2.
  4. I don't know if I'd have much of any interest in a Xenoblade 2, but I'd be interested in what the final version of XC2 is like; it's like the XC1 version from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but with all the extra stuff added to the game.
  5. -----
  6. Neoxon: The final version of XC2 will be the final version of XC1.
  7. -----
  8. EllevadoWizard: I'd love to see what the final version is like. The final version of XC2 was the final version of the game, and as I said, the final version of XC2 was the final version of XC1.
  9. -----
  10. SantaC: I think it's the final version of XC1.
  11. -----
  12. SolVanderlyn: I don't think you're asking me to see the final version of XC1
  13. -----
  14. uhc: I don't think you're asking me to see the final version of XC1
  15. -----
  16. SonicRift2004: Fingers crossed for the final version of XC2
  17. -----
  18. Starset: Maybe
  19. -----
  20. Viking Jesus: It's Final XC2 and I'd love to see it.
  21. -----
  22. Necron: We may be the last gen where a game released with a different release date.
  23. -----

Huh...

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Cess007: The final boss in Metroid Prime.
-----
Lant_War: The final boss in Metroid Prime 2.
I personally don't even believe the final boss of 1.5 is important since you're not the main villain, but I wouldn't want to be the villain.
-----
Cess007: I think the final boss in Metroid Prime is the final stage. I think it marks the beginning of the Oracle game.

LMAO. My arguments are infalible :P

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It's so weird that it all makes perfect sense from a grammatical standpoint and is often even convincing enough to fool a cursory glance (obvious semantic contradictions excluded), and then it just freaks out and repeats the same thing 50 times in a row like a madman. One would think not doing this would be one of the first things the AI would pick up on...

Admittedly, it sometimes elevates what is already a side-splitting read to the next level...

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Found myself
~!~Is Nintendo a good game??

IbizaPocholo: I've been saying for a while that Nintendo are a good game but not because I enjoy them, but because I like them. I just never really got into Zelda, I never really got into Mario, I never really got into Zelda. I've never really had a problem with Mario games in general. I don't think I ever really got into Mario Odyssey though, I've never really played any of its Mario games. I just really like Zelda.

-----

Bomblord: Nah, they're good games

-----

JusDoIt: I think they're superior in every way, but they're not great.

-----

Rodjer: Nope, they're great games, but not great games.

-----

TheDanimal: Nah, they're great games.

-----

Bhonar: No they're not good games

-----

JusDoIt: They're good.

-----

kennyamr: Nope

-----

Bhonar: I think you're wrong, it's better than it has any right to be.

-----

Deleted member 15538: No it's not great.
-----

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This AI focus way to much on my avatar haha.

1. Theorry: Unless you are a game dev that's only making cash through the Witcher games, you might not be aware of the difference between the expansion and a game.
  2. It isn't that you're not going to play a game that's already out, it's that you aren't yet, and you're probably not in the mood to go to the big games for some more time.
  3. The Witcher 3, like every other RPG of the time, is the product of a small team, and it's also the product of a long wait for the expansion. This game's remake is a shitshow and will likely never be released. And it's not even that they're not making a game, they're just making it.
  4. It's that they decided to make it for the next gen consoles.
  5. This is one of the reasons why it was so easy to get into. Anyone who's been playing this game for over three decades knows that this game is not only a game that isn't going to be released for a few years, but is also not going to be released for a while. And, as a result, I'm not actually going to get into the Witcher 3 at all.
  6. -----
  7. Lant_War: I've never played a Witcher game so I can't comment on that, but I'm curious how it plays and does it's story/graphics/story/world/logic work on those systems. I guess they can't tell me about the story, but I wonder how the game is structured in that regard.
  8. -----
  9. Theorry: No, but I'm curious...
  10. -----
  11. Theorry: The game is already out on PS4
  12. -----
  13. Frox: They need to do a separate game for the next gen consoles at all. How long is it?
  14. -----
  15. ghostcrew: I think it's an interesting question. I'm curious if it's a game that's only available for a few months, or if it's a game that's all out this week.
  16. -----
  17. the8egend: It's not even a game, it's a possible game.
  18. -----
  19. Acquiesc3: I mean, a game that can't be released for two years.
  20. -----
  21. Theorry: This is what I'm asking.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018

Found you

====================

~!~Switch eShop listing for the 2018-06-07 Nintendo Switch Online Service: Legends of the Indies, Splatoon 2, Daily Racing, and more

Rodjer: Switch eShop listing for the 2018-06-07 Nintendo Switch Online Service: Legends of the Indies, Splatoon 2, Daily Racing, and more

Zippo: Switch online is a bit confusing, but it still looks like a good thing.

-----

KoolAid: I'm so glad they're charging $99.99 for online.

-----

Chixdiggit: Really weird that online is almost a new thing for a Switch.

-----

Rodjer: I'm not sure why they would charge $99.99 for online, but the fact that they're charging $99.99 for online is shocking.

-----

foxuzamaki: If Switch Online is going to be an online service, it might as well be the best thing ever.

-----

Rodjer: Maybe it's the rumor or something.

-----

TheMadTitan: This is a very cool addition to the eShop.

-----

JusDoIt: That's pretty sweet. I'll definitely get this, thanks for the heads up.

-----

Rodjer: I forgot to mention that Nintendo has announced the online service for the Switch.

-----

mrmickfran: What a deal.

-----

====================

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
About died at this one

What's the best game that's ever been made?

Htown: I'm talking about games that have never been made, and I'm talking about games that have been made and still are made.

My main concern is this: what's the best game that's ever been made?

I'm more of a fan of games that were made and still are made, rather than games that were made and still are made. In my view, these games are generally not made by the people making them, but rather by the people who made them, and I think that's the best-selling title on Steam right now.

Let's break down what I think are the best games that have ever been made:

- Super Meat Boy

- Super Meat Boy 2

- Super Meat Boy 3

- Super Meat Boy 4

- Super Meat Boy 5

- Super Meat Boy 6

- Super Meat Boy 7

- Super Meat Boy 8

- Super Meat Boy 9

- Super Meat Boy 10

- Super Meat Boy 11

- Super Meat Boy 12

- Super Meat Boy 13

- Super Meat Boy 14

- Super Meat Boy 15

- Super Meat Boy 16

- Super Meat Boy 17

- Super Meat Boy 18

- Super Meat Boy 19

- Super Meat Boy 20

- Super Meat Boy 21

- Super Meat Boy 22

- Super Meat Boy 23

- Super Meat Boy 24

- Super Meat Boy 25

- Super Meat Boy 26

- Super Meat Boy 27

- Super Meat Boy 28

- Super Meat Boy 29

- Super Meat Boy 30

- Super Meat Boy 31

- Super Meat Boy 32

- Super Meat Boy 33

- Super Meat Boy 34

- Super Meat Boy 35

- Super Meat Boy 36

- Super Meat Boy 37

- Super Meat Boy 38

- Super Meat Boy 39

- Super Meat Boy 40

- Super Meat Boy 41

- Super Meat Boy 42

- Super Meat Boy 43

- Super Meat Boy 44

- Super Meat Boy 45

- Super Meat Boy 46

- Super Meat Boy 47

- Super Meat Boy 48

- Super Meat Boy 49

- Super Meat Boy 50

- Super Meat Boy 51

- Super Meat Boy 52

- Super Meat Boy 53

- Super Meat Boy 54

- Super Meat Boy 55

- Super Meat Boy 56

- Super Meat Boy 57

- Super Meat Boy 58
- Super Meat Boy 59

Yep, I legit lost it at this one - tears streaming down my face and everything. Even looking at it now, I'm still cracking up.

The 'If you liked Gwent, play Witcher 3' one was a close second.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Marvel's Spider-Man Discovery Channel to air on June 9th

Crazy Izanagi: The show will have a pachinko machine and a Spidey head and neck emoji.

Soul Skater: That was a good show. I hope they continue to make the show.

Khanimus: I'm so happy that they're doing something special with the show.

Kenzodielocke: Looking forward to seeing them on the show.

Richter1887: I hope they keep it going

RedAhmed: I really need a good Pachinko machine.

Nacho Papi: That was dope.

Nerdyone: Never heard of this show, but it was great.

Jahranimo: That was dope. I hope they keep doing it.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Super interested in trying out GPT-2. OP, is this at all windows-able or should I just double boot Linux to try it out? Been meaning to try out some more machine learning stuff and this sounds really fun.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
About died at this one

What's the best game that's ever been made?

Htown: I'm talking about games that have never been made, and I'm talking about games that have been made and still are made.

My main concern is this: what's the best game that's ever been made?

I'm more of a fan of games that were made and still are made, rather than games that were made and still are made. In my view, these games are generally not made by the people making them, but rather by the people who made them, and I think that's the best-selling title on Steam right now.

Let's break down what I think are the best games that have ever been made:

- Super Meat Boy

- Super Meat Boy 2

- Super Meat Boy 3

- Super Meat Boy 4

- Super Meat Boy 5

- Super Meat Boy 6

- Super Meat Boy 7

- Super Meat Boy 8

- Super Meat Boy 9

- Super Meat Boy 10

- Super Meat Boy 11

- Super Meat Boy 12

- Super Meat Boy 13

- Super Meat Boy 14

- Super Meat Boy 15

- Super Meat Boy 16

- Super Meat Boy 17

- Super Meat Boy 18

- Super Meat Boy 19

- Super Meat Boy 20

- Super Meat Boy 21

- Super Meat Boy 22

- Super Meat Boy 23

- Super Meat Boy 24

- Super Meat Boy 25

- Super Meat Boy 26

- Super Meat Boy 27

- Super Meat Boy 28

- Super Meat Boy 29

- Super Meat Boy 30

- Super Meat Boy 31

- Super Meat Boy 32

- Super Meat Boy 33

- Super Meat Boy 34

- Super Meat Boy 35

- Super Meat Boy 36

- Super Meat Boy 37

- Super Meat Boy 38

- Super Meat Boy 39

- Super Meat Boy 40

- Super Meat Boy 41

- Super Meat Boy 42

- Super Meat Boy 43

- Super Meat Boy 44

- Super Meat Boy 45

- Super Meat Boy 46

- Super Meat Boy 47

- Super Meat Boy 48

- Super Meat Boy 49

- Super Meat Boy 50

- Super Meat Boy 51

- Super Meat Boy 52

- Super Meat Boy 53

- Super Meat Boy 54

- Super Meat Boy 55

- Super Meat Boy 56

- Super Meat Boy 57

- Super Meat Boy 58
- Super Meat Boy 59

This one made me realize why we cry and close our eyes when we laugh far too much: so that we won't keep reading and eventually die of laughter. Holy shit.

Can't wait for the off-topic version.

Oh god, this please. Someone do this.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm
Conkerkid11: I've been playing some Assassin's Creed: Odyssey lately, and I'm playing on PC (PC-9864, 56gb ram, 16gb free space) and I'm not sure if I should start using the console's HDMI port, or just the game's native resolution.
I've noticed that some games support HDR (I play on a 1440p monitor) and I'm wondering if I should try to use a native resolution on my monitor instead of a PS4 Pro resolution.
I'm wondering if there is a way to get games to work on the TV or PC, if it's possible to have a pick up and play setup, or maybe just use a PC.
Any recommendations?
-----
Sailent: Use a display that supports HDR, and you can get a 1080p display with a 120Hz display. I used a 1440p LG OLED monitor with 4K HDR, but a 1080p monitor can't run HDR. I'm playing on a 1440p screen, but I'm willing to go with a 1440p monitor.
-----
KainXVIII: Use a display that supports HDR, and you can get a 1080p display with a 120Hz display.
-----
Jawbreaker: Doesn't have to be a pro, just something you can use to make games look better (or at least look better).
-----
Conkerkid11: I've been saving my 1440p monitor for a TV that supports HDR.
-----
Dancrane212: Yeah, I would say use a monitor that supports HDR, and then purchase a display that supports it.
-----
KainXVIII: I mean, I would say use a display that supports HDR, and then buy a monitor that supports it.
-----
Conkerkid11: I have a monitor that supports HDR, I really like the way the game looks on my monitor. I use a 720p monitor, and a 1080p monitor. I'm not sure if I should go with a 4K monitor, or a 1080p monitor.
-----
Dancrane212: 1080p monitor is crazy good. My monitor does support HDR, so that's not really a problem.
-----
Conkerkid11: It seems like your monitor doesn't support HDR, which is weird for some games.
-----

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
that's the best one. killed me multiple times.

It's a bit brought down by the mention of Super Meat Boy 42 in a list of best games ever. I mean, sure, it's not as bad as Super Meat Boy 82, but I definitely wouldn't mention it in the same breath as the masterpiece that is Super Meat Boy 21. It's, like, night and day.

Frankly, the series got a bit derivative after Super Meat Boy 35.

These two sentences are amazing one after the other:

Dancrane212: Yeah, I would say use a monitor that supports HDR, and then purchase a display that supports it.
KainXVIII: I mean, I would say use a display that supports HDR, and then buy a monitor that supports it.

You can almost see the AI constructing the same concept with different sentence snippets.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Oh God. I was in there at least seven or eight tiimes. What's more, the impersonation is not too shabby.

I wish we could unleash this thing on the forum for one day year.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
  1. ~!~Who is the most familiar character in a video game?

2. Frox: I just want to say I'm not really a big fan of games that have characters that are in the same category as the characters in most other video game franchises.
  3. -----
  4. kadotsu: It's probably Kirby.
  5. -----
  6. Mediking: I'm sure Mario is the last one to be a character that's in a video game.
  7. -----
  8. Chaserjoey: The guy who did Mario Kart is the most familiar.
  9. -----
  10. ElectricBlanketFire: I mean, sure, he's Kirby, but he's also the most familiar.
  11. -----
  12. BubbleButt64: I think Klonoa is the most recognizable because he's from Mario Kart, and the story that he's told is kind of a bit of a throwback to Mario Kart '94, which is a very different game.
  13. -----
  14. Video Games Are Dumb: That's what I'm saying.
  15. -----
  16. Mr.F: Kirby isn't even a thing, he's just a pretty in-your-face character.
  17. -----
  18. Frox: I know he's Kirby, but Klonoa is a character in Smash too.
  19. -----
  20. BronsonLee: Klonoa is a character in Smash
  21. -----

And I'm done. Got to the bolded and very nearly burst out laughing at work.

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
This is the best OP with the best Comments in this forum, with the bests auto generated OP with the best auto generated comments on this forum.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
  1. ====================
  2. ~!~Mega Man/X Legacy Collection.
  3. Lashley: I'm not sure how the Mega Man X Legacy Collection works but I remember a few years back (with a Mega Man X collection) that they were working with Capcom on a Mega Man X collection and it was a bit of an odd situation. I thought they might be working on X Legacy Collection but I never actually played the game.
  4. For me, the Mega Man X Collection is the best Mega Man game. It has the best soundtrack and the best level design. I also really liked the X Legacy Collection, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the original.
  5. -----
  6. Gevurztraminer: Mega Man X Legacy Collection is one of my favourite series, and I'm such a sucker for Mega Man.
  7. -----
  8. MigraineRelief: I'd love a collection of Mega Man's X, but I'd also like a collection of X's X.
  9. -----
  10. Cartridge Games: I have no idea how X Legacy Collection works, but I've always loved the Mega Man X games.
  11. -----
  12. Tizoc: I could never get into Mega Man X games, but I loved the X Legacy Collection for Xenoblade 2.
  13. -----
  14. Raijinto: I've always loved Mega Man X, but I'm not sure how Legacy Collection works.
  15. -----
  16. Shadoken: I actually really liked Legacy Collection.
  17. -----
  18. ====================

Hey I actually did like it.

LMAO MigraineRelief and Tizoc posts tho ... your AI self is something else.