• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Build quality is nice and the features are amazing but I hate the way it feels. I would actually rate it the least comfortable controller I've ever used. I have to really stretch my thumbs to get them to the sticks. I much, much prefer the DualShock 4 and the Xbox Series controller.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It's probably the best controller I've ever used. The build quality is far and above the DS4 and it fits perfectly in my hands.

I just finished Astro's Playroom and the haptics and adaptive triggers were eye opening. I was smiling the entire time.

Funkallero

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
Yup it's great, packed with features, decent battery life and great feel to hold. They really went all in with this controller.

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
It's really good.
Doesn't quite melt into my hands like the Switch Pro controller, but it's close.

And of course the haptics and adaptive triggers are a complete game changer.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I don't even know what the haptics feel like, but the form and the materials are really good.
It feels great to hold and looks stylish as well.

I'll pick up another when they have some cool alternate colors.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's what I thought about the SX controller. I do prefer asymmetrical sticks but I wanna try out the ds5 triggers.

Looks like I might be waiting a while to buy a ps5 though. :(

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm still not used to size being bigger than DS4.

But im in love with the haptics and triggers.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No one's brought it up so far, but I really appreciate how it connects magnetically to the charging cradle. That's leaps and bounds over the DS4 connector, where I could never seem to position it correctly on the first try (and even broke one, so my DS4 charging cradle can only charge one controller now).

spartan112g

Banned
May 5, 2018
Elite 2 controller is still the GOAT. Both of the pack-in controllers are about the same to me. Dualsense is a fine controller, but I still don't see what's so special about it while playing it.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
The DualSense is more feature-rich, but I still prefer the Series X controller. Xbox has always had the best no-nonsense controller and they continue to iterate on that.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't expecting to love it, but I do. Larger and heavier is not what I want from controllers, but this feels great. I really love the texture on the back, and the adaptive triggers are great. When I first encountered them being used in Astro's Playroom, I thought the game was bugged because pressing them in as far as they would let me wasn't doing anything; I finally figured out that I had to press past the resistance. Really neat feeling, but I felt like I was breaking them until I got used to it a bit.

I'd like to be able to turn of the lights off completely, though. Having lights moving at the edge of my vision is kind of distracting.

Literally the only downside is the new PS button. I constantly feel like I'm fumbling around for it.
Yeah, I keep hitting the mute button at first. I wish their positions were switched.

The mute button tho, holding it down to mute all audio... đź‘Ś
🤯 That's pretty cool!

Last edited:

Resident Guru

Oct 28, 2017
I would agree with you except for the fact that the material quality is far better on the elite series 2 controller. Nevertheless, an enormous upgrade over DS4 in every way but one. (New PS button is terrible).

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The only playstation controller that feels like it was made for human hands. Always, imo, the weakest part of a playstation console. Could just be me though, I dont know what the popular sentiment is.

RNK

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is anybody having an issue with the noises of the controller? Mine has some kind of high pitched squeaking sound coming from the motors. Playing Spiderman remastered, and every time I shoot a web the noise it makes is very distracting. I ended up turning the vibration off, but leaving the triggers active. Not sure if it is just that game or not, but it's very annoying and I hope it's not part of a bigger issue with my controllers...

Invictus

Oct 25, 2017
No one's brought it up so far, but I really appreciate how it connects magnetically to the charging cradle. That's leaps and bounds over the DS4 connector, where I could never seem to position it correctly on the first try (and even broke one, so my DS4 charging cradle can only charge one controller now).

I agree. This is pretty amazing as well. Just drop it in and it's in perfect position. All my ds4 chargers were ass. Think I went through three of them and they all blew.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
The only playstation controller that feels like it was made for human hands. Always, imo, the weakest part of a playstation console. Could just be me though, I dont know what the popular sentiment is.
Partially agree. I thought that the PS1 and PS2 controllers were fine for their time, but the DualShock 3 and 4 were just miserable. The DS4 in particular feels like 0.1 oz of cheap plastic, and the joysticks never felt good to touch. I appreciate how much of a leap forward the DualSense is from a perspective of just feeling like a good, sturdy controller that molds to the hands. About the stick placement tho ...

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Nice, excited to hold one soon. Until this point I think the Switch Pro Controller is the best controller I've ever held, unfortunately its d-pad is highly flawed so I don't even use it because I play Tetris often.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Still much prefer Xbox controllers, especially the analog placement on them, but this controller is much improved for previous generations of DualShock controllers.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
The DualSense is more feature-rich, but I still prefer the Series X controller. Xbox has always had the best no-nonsense controller and they continue to iterate on that.

Think I'm here.

Like, I like the Dualsense a lot. I think it's a great controller. And the tech, comparatively, is leaps and bounds better - better rumble/haptics, better trigger tech, the Sixaxis controls, built in speaker, built in touchpad. It's amazing.

But pure feel? I still prefer the now iterated-on-till-perfection Xbox Series X controller. If the Xbox controller had slightly tighter sticks (hoping that's still an option on the Elite 3), it'd be perfect.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I like it a lot. I continue to be flummoxed as to why they can't replicate the GOAT vita dpad. The one they landed with, combined with the improved ergonomics, is still a damn sight better than DS4 though. I had to buy a hori controller just to play platformers on PS4. Been flying through Mega Man games with the dual sense no problem though.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Bought one for the PC and the only thing I really like better are the analog sticks. Xbox still feels best to me.

Lemrik

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
As long as the analog sticks are symmetrical and at the bottom it isn´t even better than the N64 controller.
But that´s just me. Maybe I have strange hands

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I like it a lot. I continue to be flummoxed as to why they can't replicate the GOAT vita dpad. The one they landed with, combined with the improved ergonomics, is still a damn sight better than DS4 though. I had to buy a hori controller just to play platformers on PS4. Been flying through Mega Man games with the dual sense no problem though.

I feel like the Vita and DS4 d-pads are the two that diverge most from the classic Dualshock mold, and they both have their diehard fans.

It seems to me that the DualSense is an attempt to marry both those styles. I think it works very well.