• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
I was playing Batman Arkham Knight when out of nowhere my PS4 Pro shut down, no error codes showed up itjust powered down completely, I tried ejecting the disc but even that was not possible, the system beeped but the disc is still in the drive.

I'll try leaving it a few hours in case it shut down due to overheating, but I have had about 3 years, so it may have failed completely.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Unplug the power cable for 30 seconds, plug back in and start again. Possible that the thermal paste wore out.

OP
OP
Lightning Count
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
It lives!

Managed to boot up using safe mode.

Error code CE-36329-3, google says this means HDD or data corruption, might need to do a database rebuild.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
It lives!

Managed to boot up using safe mode.

Error code CE-36329-3, google says this means HDD or data corruption, might need to do a database rebuild.

Buddy, I advise you to open the lid of your PS4 PRo and chekc the fan i bet it has a lot of dust which made the system overheat cus the fan is suffocating. It helps a lot cleaning up the fan even a little. Trust me. Opening the top is enought to access the fan. No need to unscrew anything. Be gentle.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Dude I advise you to open the lid of your PS4 PRo and chekc the fan i bet it has a lot of dust which made the system overheat cus the fan is suffocating. It helps a lot cleaning up the fan even a little. Trust me.

TronicsFix đź’–
Might try and clean my Pro a bit, even though I won't be using it much after getting my PS5 next week.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
TronicsFix đź’–
Might try and clean my Pro a bit, even though I won't be using it much after getting my PS5 next week.

Yeha he does aamazing videos so professional.
Yeah do it for the PS4 PRO so she can bless you when transitioning to PS5 haha.

He did a cleaning fan tuorial for PS5 too, it will be very useful without tampering the console:

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Glad your PS4 Pro is alive after all, OP! I fear mine is destined to give up the ghost soon, or at least its disc drive will be; the console itself runs fine (other than being incredibly loud while playing some games) but in order for discs to be recognized at all I have to do this weird thing where I lightly tap the top of the console a few times after I put a disc in. It I don't, any and all discs show up as unrecognized. Super weird.

I just hope I'm able to find a PS5 by the time the drive really does die, haha.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
They always come back

Seriously I don't think in all my 40 years and must be 20 or more consoles has one ever fully died