• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a dual-citizen-at-birth USA/Colombian, but honestly wondering if I should just move to Colombia full time after my PhD here in the US is over.
I can buy a 3 bedroom luxury apartment in the nicest part of Bogota for $100,000, where the mayor is a lesbian, the food is delicious, and although we have President Duque (Dumbass), he's at least better at COVID and public speaking than Trump, to where I'm pleasantly surprised that Colombia's COVID curve is extremely low and flat.

any other immigrants feeling meh about the USA recently and being enticed to be back at their home country?

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not convinced America isn't a third world country. Take a look at our gun violence, life expectancy, healthcare system, income inequality, education system and criminal justice.

Also we have a racist sack of shit grifting the entire system as president and about a quarter of the eligible voters want four more years.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
US has been shit since inception. Stillborn essentially. Contradicting itself in the favor of rape, genocide, and bondage since before the beginning.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Almost any country is better. America is fucking shit and always has been, this just the boiling point popping off the cap.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
When America was given evidence it allows third world conditions to exist within its borders, and its response was essentially "how dare the UN Human Rights Council investigate the FREEST nation on earth" it became clear to me that this country is completely a third world shithole.

We also pulled out from the UN Human Rights Council over this very same report, and its countless examples of evidence. What you're seeing is a country in decline and decay, and potentially, collapse. The system cannot fix itself.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
When America was given evidence it allows third world conditions to exist within its borders, and its response was essentially "how dare the UN Human Rights Council investigate the FREEST nation on earth" it became clear to me that this country is completely a third world shithole.

We also pulled out from the UN Human Rights Council over this very same report, and its countless examples of evidence. What you're seeing is a country in decline and decay, and potentially, collapse. The system cannot fix itself.

Where is all that freedom by the way? I only hear this when its about owning guns

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Just don't get too cocky thinking you can't learn from the mistakes of your nation's past. Our biggest fuck up as a nation is that we the US just don't take away the actual lessons learned from our mistakes. We just papered over them and continue to paper over them in the name of "unity" and "moving forward" while not learning anything of substance about the horrors we've committed like genocide of indigenous peoples, slavery and institutionalized racism and corruption of the Presidency (Nixon). To name a few of the things we should have learned lessons from but didn't. Small wonder that so much is just exploding to the fore all at once. We've run out of carpet to sweep things under it.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not convinced America isn't a third world country. Take a look at our gun violence, life expectancy, healthcare system, income inequality, education system and criminal justice.

Also we have a racist sack of shit grifting the entire system as president and about a quarter of the eligible voters want four more years.
our political situation is looking more like a 3rd world country every day. how much longer until republicans are outright stealing elections with no consequences?

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
what are the negatives of Columbia? You might be straying a bit into the grass is greener mentality. Maybe make a big pro/con chart of living in both countries for you.

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I think back to what George Carlin said in his last stand-up special. Basically, this is what the "owners of this country" want. They want us to fight against each other and hating each other so that THEY can all become more wealthy while we are distracted. For the most part, that plan is going EXACTLY as intended.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm dual citizen too with Colombia, and nah I'm good unless I can go there as an expat or I can move to Colombia with the same ease of mobility and job security I have in here. My QOL in Texas is amazing for my salary, I doubt I could find a job in my industry that pays for nearly as much in Colombia.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ehhh, there is a huge blindspot for lower-income people in how the country has handled the quarantine... Especially in places not named Bogota.
We've been left living for months in a literal cage... without a box of scraps :'v

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Shit I'm thinking about moving back to Mexico. I want to move to Canada but that is 100% impossible.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
If you're educated enough to land a job that puts you in the upper-middle or upper class, then there's a good chance you can have a nicer life in one of the big cities.

But really, anytime I think about maybe moving back to Colombia, I realize that it has so many of the same problems as the United States. At the end of the day, it's a country that was also built on racial genocide, slavery, and caste systems.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I'll be put on Furlough from my job soon. I kid you not, I was looking into Bogota and other cities in Colombia but unfortunately there is no travel there from the U.S. at this time. At least not without purpose.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
If even a fraction of this shit happening in the US was happening in a 3rd world country the media would be painting a very different picture.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
God knows where America is heading. Military and police now running things with impunity with orders from a comedy wanna be Hitler. If he gets four more years America is literally on the same trajectory as Nazi era Germany and that is a fucking fact. Expect concentration camp equivalents for blacks and any objectors. It's coming and anyone denying that hasn't been paying attention. They've already had something similar in Chicago, completely off the radar site the police were operating, human rights abuses all over the fucking place and now that entire fucked up structure is being used by a racist president It's fucking grim. I'd get out if I were you.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
God knows where America is heading. Military and police now running things with impunity with orders from a comedy wanna be Hitler. If he gets four more years America is literally on the same trajectory as Nazi era Germany and that is a fucking fact. Expect concentration camp equivalents for blacks and any objectors. It's coming and anyone denying that hasn't been paying attention. They've already had something similar in Chicago, completely off the radar site the police were operating, human rights abuses all over the fucking place and now that entire fucked up structure is being used by a racist president It's fucking grim. I'd get out if I were you.

STOP IT RIGHT NOW. It's not a fact, enough with the fear mongering. It's bad, but comparing it to Nazi Germany is not helpful.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
I am not an immigrant, but I am a massive overseas USA fanboy. I've been traveling to your country every year now for nigh on twenty years, enjoying both the people and the majestic natural wonder over there, but I think in all honesty I am done. It just feels like a toxic country now. I noticed last year when we were out there, a real change in atmosphere, and frankly we didn't feel welcome at all. We're off to Canada this year (Covid-permitting) and I can't see us ever returning unless significant change comes about.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

dont forget how they treat refugees. and children for christ sake... so heartless.
STOP IT RIGHT NOW. It's not a fact, enough with the fear mongering. It's bad, but comparing it to Nazi Germany is not helpful.
i dunno. weimar was a democracy remember? and the us already has multiple concentration camps, like the detention centers refugees are in, guantanamo bay or also prisons in general

Last edited:

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
America's a great country with fine institutions. We may have out faults, but we also have McDonalds, Walmart, The Gap, Baseball, the NFL, Rock and Roll, internet, slavery..... fuck yeah.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar

America has the benefit of Soft Power brainwashing the World into thinking it is a paragon of virtue.

Plus by winning the Cold War and stamping out Left Wing opposition Worldwide, they've managed to brainwash a large portion of the World into thinking "Good Economy = Good Morally", without thinking of the Rich/Poor divide.

I am not an immigrant, but I am a massive overseas USA fanboy. I've been traveling to your country every year now for nigh on twenty years, enjoying both the people and the majestic natural wonder over there, but I think in all honesty I am done. It just feels like a toxic country now. I noticed last year when we were out there, a real change in atmosphere, and frankly we didn't feel welcome at all. We're off to Canada this year (Covid-permitting) and I can't see us ever returning unless significant change comes about.
It was always the country "it's turned into".

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps respond why it's not? And by doing that you'll realise it's some other evil all together in comparison to first world countries.

You guys need to start again, you've learnt nothing and just pretended the problems away.

ps3ud0 8)

Dec 31, 2017
Eh I dunno. "Third World country" is s broad category and the USA is def fucking up right now, but it kind of is an insult to lots of people who live in actual third world countries and suffer on average much more than the average American.
But yeah, USA definitely lags behind many of its peers in many metrics.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps respond why it's not? And by doing that you'll realise it's some other evil all together in comparison to first world countries.

You guys need to start again, you've learnt nothing and just pretended the problems away.

ps3ud0 8)

That kinda fascism system can't exist the US because we not even close to united, far from it. Remember, Trump is not a uniter, he's a divider. And as long there are individual states resisting his influence, it simply can't happen. Trump is like a wild animal, dangerous and stupid.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
That kinda fascism system can't exist the US because we not even close to united, far from it. Remember, Trump is not a uniter, he's a divider. And as long there are individual states resisting his influence, it simply can't happen. Trump is like a wild animal, dangerous and stupid.
So much of what has happened the last 4 years "couldn't happen here/now".

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You are seeing the slow decline of a super power. They are speed running the erosion of soft power, and the income inequality, systematic racism, and overall subversion will eventually become unsustainable to maintain the hard power.