• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
I loved the Viva Pinata games, Nuts and Bolts too. This gen was kind of a dud in regards to Xbox exclusives:
No Fable
No Perfect Dark
No Banjo Kazooie
I didn't like Halo 5

Not a big fan of Gears or Forza, so there was very little I wanted. They did have some great smaller titles though (that are no longer exclusive): Cuphead and Ori.

Hopefully they'll utilise some of these IP's next gen. The new Rare game looks interesting.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I just want a new Conker game. Too bad sensorship plus lack of demand won't allow it.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Someone post that pic of Spencer handing off the cheque to Sakaguchi for Lost Odyssey 2. I can never find that pic online.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
That image gives me some intense nostalgia feels for the early to mid 360 days. Unfortunately I'm still not seeing those days coming back any time soon. Prove me wrong Phil.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
I'm pleased that we've seen some effort this gen to bring back some of their older unused IP. And it's been mostly fairly successful.

Killer Instinct
Age of Empires
Flight Simulator
Battletoads

And the Rare Replay collection obviously.

They've got such a vault of IP to dig into but they also do have to keep trying to make new ones. They need to strike a balance between being a nostalgia studio and making new experiences.

bring back blast corps
I am patiently waiting for the next KI.
switch version

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I just came across this image and I love it.

1587391286_463601_1587800083_noticia_normal.jpg

I think if Microsoft fully manages to came up with really solid and good videogames, they can have an unbelievable output this next gen, because clearly the absence of iconic and beloved IPs is not the problem. If the rumors are true, some of them are going to be revived soon... but what about Banjo-Kazooie? I was playing the first game on my 360 the other day and dude, I think the potential that it still has is insane. And platformers are not out of vogue in the slightlest! Recent games in the genre have clearly showed that...

Also just look at this page:

www.giantbomb.com

First party games released on Xbox 360

These are all the first party games Microsoft released on Xbox 360.

Do you remember Lost Odyssey? Blue Dragon?

I really hope Xbox Series X has a fantastic catalogue of videogames, for us gamers to enjoy.
Platformers are not out of Vogue but if they are going to be on the Xbox they need to be launched at the launch window.....I don't think the audience is there for it after launch

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
MS definitely is sitting on a great collection of IP's. I think Phil knows this, though, and is going to do his best to get some of them out there.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Lost Odyssey 2 - Unreal Engine 4.

Fuck me I need this in my life!
Microsoft are building an army of Unreal Engine powered studios they could easily have any of their studios develop a game while having Japanese talent direct and design the game.
I for one actually still like turn based RPGs, I just recently started Bravely Default (After seeing Bravely Default II announced), And just finished Octopath Traveler so id actually like to see another AAA Turnbased RPG...I know they arent really popular but damn do i love them.
Skies of Arcadia is still one of my top games of all time, I dust off the Dreamcast every now and then to loadup that game just for the fuck of it.

The first cutscene to gameplay transition in Lost Odyssey is still the greatest thing i witnessed last generation.
Alot of games beat it graphically and even with transitions.....but that moment is mind bending coming from what we had seen before.

MechAssault - Slipspace Engine

Slipspace just so the engine is used for something else that has large terrains, those mechs are big so I dont want small undetailed environments, we need large spaces to blast away.
Doesnt even have to be AAA, just make it on a relatively small budget some decent marketing, good enough MP and put it on Gamepass.
If Bleeding Edge could be released MechAssault aught to be doable with a 343 baby team.

Kameo Reboot - Unreal Engine 4.

Lets bring some color to the portfolio.
Kameo on Xbox One X looks spectacular, updated assets and gameplay and im legit all in for that shit.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I've been preaching this way too long on this forum, but it doesn't hurt to say one more time

Perfect Dark

immersive sim

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only people I would think would ever want to work on a sequel to Lost Odyssey is Mistwalker. If they're interested, then I'm all for it; otherwise the IP is dead.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been preaching this way too long on this forum, but it doesn't hurt to say one more time

Perfect Dark

immersive sim
There are two ways I can see Perfect Dark rebooted: First Person, immersive sim or Third person, cinematic, action adventure game. I guess we'll soon find out if it's even happening in the coming months but if it is I think it's going to be the latter

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
As a PlayStation only guy, lost Odyssey (and to a lesser extent, killer instinct) is the only game i am jelly that it's xbox only. I always thought that LO is the only true final Fantasy sequel (rather than ff13) during the ps360 era.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
What good is an old unused IP if the games they would make nowadays have absolutely nothing in common with what the IP once represented? Just look at Perfect Dark. The first game was amazing, the second was trash and whatever we´d get nowadays would probably be nothing like the first one (let alone match the quality).

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
I think they should just do a remake of Banjo. People will buy it because of nostalgia alone. Then if it sells well go ahead and do a proper sequel.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
What good is an old unused IP if the games they would make nowadays have absolutely nothing in common with what the IP once represented? Just look at Perfect Dark. The first game was amazing, the second was trash and whatever we´d get nowadays would probably be nothing like the first one (let alone match the quality).

Lend me your crystal ball one of these days

By the way the new killer instinct arguably surpasses or at least matches the original and is certainly miles better than gold

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
The only people I would think would ever want to work on a sequel to Lost Odyssey is Mistwalker. If they're interested, then I'm all for it; otherwise the IP is dead.
Mistwalker at best could only be leading direction, it still need a studio that develop it(just like LO1 develop by feelplus).

Oct 25, 2017
Shadowrun is amazing. I loved Dragonfall and Hong Kong, the universe of the game is so cool. Really wished they used that. Also: Please just release Viva Piñata on Steam :( i miss that game so fucking much

Banjo too. I would kill for a remake of that.

By the way, Lost Odyssey had such a great soundtrack:

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
In their own right each of those are cool IP and would be more than welcome additions next gen, with Fable and Perfect Dark all but confirmed.

My problem is more relative to the fact that that image does nothing to excite me. I think of Nintendo when I see Banjo, and I think of a pretty lame sequel to a great game on the N64. I also see a Car and a JRPG guy. I'm praying that Microsoft does a lot to grow their first party IP into something with a strong identity that has been missing since the first Xbox. I say this as someone that lived on his 360 and lives on my One X. Their first party identity is beyond weak. Let's hope we can revisit this picture next gen with actual excitement.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
By the way the new killer instinct arguably surpasses or at least matches the original and is certainly miles better than gold
Haven´t played the new Killer Instinct but Gold was my first game on the N64 back in 1997 and let´s just say i wasn´t impressed. So surpassing that isn´t a particularly high bar. Perfect Dark on the other hand was an absolute top tier game when it released.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lost Odyssey could be dead and they could develop Cry On or a new IP.

I think they have one game left in them. Most of the talent who made JRPGs any good are getting too old.
Yeah, I'm fine with Lost Odyssey being one and done. Would love to see Mistwalker work on a new AAA IP or bring Cry On back from the dead.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Haven´t played the new Killer Instinct but Gold was my first game on the N64 back in 1997 and let´s just say i wasn´t impressed. So surpassing that isn´t a particularly high bar. Perfect Dark on the other hand was an absolute top tier game when it released.

Big time. The less we say about PDZ the better 😅

sponger

Dec 7, 2018
Shadowrun is amazing. I loved Dragonfall and Hong Kong, the universe of the game is so cool. Really wished they used that. Also: Please just release Viva Piñata on Steam :( i miss that game so fucking much

Banjo too. I would kill for a remake of that.

By the way, Lost Odyssey had such a great soundtrack:

For me personally most iconic JRPG theme song. Just because of that alone game deserves sequel.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never understood the love for Mech Assault, but would be happy to try it again if they did release it.

Now, Perfect Dark, Banjo, Conker, Rallisport, Challenge Shadowrun (Obsidian) would make my generation.

City 17

Oct 25, 2017
Another year has passed without Midtown Madness :(

Bring the classic on GOG, and do a remake.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
None of those games are all that exciting to me.

I loved Killer Instinct and I'm glad that's back. The only other MS IP I care (or cared) about are Halo (before it went to shit with the story), Gears, Mech Assault and Fable.

MS could really do with putting out some brand new IP. Hopefully they give their new in-house devs the freedom to explore new ideas.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they're letting someone use Shadowrun. Even if it's not a MS studio, let Hairbrained Schemes start working with it again or something.

I'd also really love to have more Viva Pinata games.

MrGiraffe

Feb 27, 2020
Some revivals were so smart - who could have expected Killer Instinct to become a bit of a fighting game phenomenon again?

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Has anyone ever explained why they hate Crimson Skies so much, it's the perfect online game? Did the sales suck?

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Give me some new games, those games are lost and forgotten because they were awful and couldn't capture a fan base, don't bring them back

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Paradox and Microsoft seem like they have a good relationship going on, so I think I'd like to see Harebrained continue to work with Shadowrun more than anyone else.