• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I just came across this image and I love it.

1587391286_463601_1587800083_noticia_normal.jpg

I think if Microsoft fully manages to came up with really solid and good videogames, they can have an unbelievable output this next gen, because clearly the absence of iconic and beloved IPs is not the problem. If the rumors are true, some of them are going to be revived soon... but what about Banjo-Kazooie? I was playing the first game on my 360 the other day and dude, I think the potential that it still has is insane. And platformers are not out of vogue in the slightlest! Recent games in the genre have clearly showed that...

Also just look at this page:

www.giantbomb.com

First party games released on Xbox 360

These are all the first party games Microsoft released on Xbox 360.

Do you remember Lost Odyssey? Blue Dragon?

I really hope Xbox Series X has a fantastic catalogue of videogames, for us gamers to enjoy.

Banjo Kazooie
Perfect Dark
Kameo
Conker
Viva Pinata
PGR
Rallisport Challenge
Shadowrun
Crimson Skies
Rise of Nations
Mechassault
Motocross Madness
Starlancer
Zoo Tycoon (a proper one, the XB1 games were too basic)
Quantum Break
Recore
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Powerstar Golf

Last edited:

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
The only big Microsoft IPs that I really cared about were Age of Empires and Flight Sim. Glad they are bringing those back.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pleased that we've seen some effort this gen to bring back some of their older unused IP. And it's been mostly fairly successful.

Killer Instinct
Age of Empires
Flight Simulator
Battletoads

And the Rare Replay collection obviously.

They've got such a vault of IP to dig into but they also do have to keep trying to make new ones. They need to strike a balance between being a nostalgia studio and making new experiences.

bring back blast corps

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
They really are sat on a goldmine of games. I suspect they will tap into these for the next gen launch, all that investment can't have been just for new IP to be made, they need to have a good balance.

What I really love about this is the diversity of genres they have on offer. Strategy, Turn Based, Action and particularly RPGs etc there is something for everyone and it isn't even a small selection looking at the studio count.

Good times ahead.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
A Lost Odyssey sequel and Perfect Dark sequel and the Banjo-Threeie we've all been clamoring for since 2000 and I'll never ask for another game ever again.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Can we get a new Mech Assault that gives us a good mix of traditional MA combat, mix in the ChromeHounds MP ideas and also throws in a MA BR mode. Please.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
There's IPs that MS haven't used in years that would be great to see come back. Stuff like Freelancer, Crimson Skies, and MechAssault could all be fun if given a modern twist.

Or they could do me a solid and make a new Viva Pinata game. That would be ace.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wholeheartedly agree with the OP.

But also look at the miserable sightings of Conker we've seen and wonder.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I wouldn't call Perfect Dark or Banjo "amazing" IPs. And Project Gotham has bee superseded by Horizon.

kungfuian

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Rare IP is criminally under used. Personally love to see a Jet Force Gemini sequel or a remake of the original. Id buy a XSX day one for some epic planet hopping action adventure. And channel the original OST!

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
PGR with next gen visuals would be awesome.

Also, I really want "Madness" series to continue. I wanna see more Monster Truck and Midtown Madness with the new visuals tech and destructive, physics engine. So, please Microsoft to consider this.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I would die for a new Lost Odyssey
I'm contractually obligated to post this in every thread it's mentioned:

Ddwzc4fUQAAlV5n.jpg

... I don't think their unused IPs are particularly interesting honestly, even though I love Lost Odyssey and like a handful of other games.

Also, I don't think Blue Dragon is owned by Microsoft since Mistwalker was able to make two DS entries.

Nov 2, 2017
Conker is prime to come out again and make parody of all the tread in video games and movie I can see a battle Royale mode in multiplayer with dismemberment which I haven't see in br

Deleted member 51306

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
They where on fire that first half of the generation but man you can really see a turn once the Kinect was released.

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I get a Banjo 1+2 remake, a Banjo sequel, A lost Odyssey sequel, a Killer Instinct sequel, a Phantom Dust reboot, and a Crimson Skies reboot I'll consider this gen to be the best ever.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I will request another Rallisport Challenge until the end of time.
Or for the originals to be made BC. RC2 was so good, it doesn't deserve to be trapped on a console that kills itself with time.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
They're the ones who hold the MechWarrior license and are lending it out, right? MechAssault 3 on Series X, please, Phil

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Viva Pinata crew, roll out.

But yeah, they're sitting on quite the list of IP. In a hypothetical scenario where they were all used, Microsoft would have the most variety out of the big three.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
They have a potentially better ip lineup than Sony but they don't take advantage of it. Or at least haven't. I might be remembering wrong but i could have sworn Phil said their dormant ip is open to all first party studios if they want to pitch an idea. I would really like see a more family/Nintendo-ish push again. Bring back viva, banjo, conker etc to add variety because outside of Nintendo and indie this gen has been very mature shooter, third person centric.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
One of the most underutilized set of IPs beside Sega.

• Banjo 3 could be multiplat with Switch after Smash and sell a shit ton
  • Viva Pinata too which was on DS already, what happened to getting closer with Nintendo?
  • Collaborate with Nintendo on Diddy Kong Racing 2, hell all the characters are from Rare
  • Conker should return
  • Lost Odyssey 2 & Blue Dragon 2 need to happen
  • Crimson Skies
  • GoldenEye is more interesting than any new Halo from 343 could ever be

These games along with MSFS, Fable Reboot and AoE4 on Series X would put Xbox back on the map for me.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
One of the most underutilized set of IPs beside Sega.

• Banjo 3 could be multiplat with Switch after Smash and sell a shit ton
  • Viva Pinata too which was on DS already, what happened to getting closer with Nintendo?
  • Collaborate with Nintendo on Diddy Kong Racing 2, hell all the characters are from Rare
  • Conker should return
  • Lost Odyssey 2 & Blue Dragon 2 need to happen
  • Crimson Skies
  • GoldenEye return is more interesting than any new Halo from 343 could ever be

These games along with MSFS, Fable Reboot and AoE4 on Series X would put Xbox back on the map for me.

Microsoft can't just bring back Goldeneye. Goldeneye isn't a Microsoft IP. They'd need to get the Bond license and then they'd just be a studio with barely anyone who made Goldeneye making a new licensed James Bond game. Any studio could do that.

Gorion's Ward

Apr 6, 2019
Israel <3
Really bummed about PGR dying off and it not being BC. PGR3-4 are the perfect arcade racers. Horizon is really good but doesn't quite match them in my mind.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
I always felt this way, yeah. They are not as famous as Sony's or Nintendo's franchises, but they have a good stable of IPs they forgot about. MechAssault or Crimson Skies could really shine with the popularity of multiplayer these days :(

OP
OP
lunanto

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
They have a potentially better ip lineup than Sony but they don't take advantage of it. Or at least haven't. I might be remembering wrong but i could have sworn Phil said their dormant ip is open to all first party studios if they want to pitch an idea. I would really like see a more family/Nintendo-ish push again. Bring back viva, banjo, conker etc to add variety because outside of Nintendo and indie this gen has been very mature shooter, third person centric.
I fully agree with this. I totally respect Rare doesn´t want to make games with those IPs anymore but as far as I know, they don´t have any problem with other MS studios tackling them or even assisting them. This situation needs to change!