• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 3, 2018
Nothing wrong with that, enjoy the fuck of out them mate. I love some trash myself.

*rewatches Double Team for 50th time*

Oct 27, 2017
According to Wikipedia this is one of the worst movies : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_considered_the_worst

Film reviewer Roger Ebert included the film on his "most hated" list, gave it zero out of four stars, and wrote: "This movie doesn't scrape the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't below the bottom of the barrel. This movie doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with barrels."

51m51354B9L._AC_.jpg

(I liked it)

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
I love so many movies that are looked down on, whether it is The Huntsman: Winter's War, Push, The Shadow, Tomorrowland, or Jaume Collet-Serra's work as a whole, sometimes I see how people respond to things and I really don't understand it at all.
Like Push is fantastic, a better X-Men film than any actual X-Men film we've yet to receive.

And Land of The Lost is my favorite Will Ferrell movie. By a mile.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
"The movies are so rarely great art, that if we can't appreciate great trash, there is little reason for us to go." Pauline Kael

I love Zombie's Halloween's. I think they are way more entertaining than the boring remake we got couple of years ago.

TheJoebro64

Sep 6, 2020
I don't know if Adam Sandler is criminally underrated or if I've just lost my mind. I love Adam Sandler movies.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
We all have some affinity for trash. I like The Cloverfield Paradox and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, I'm certainly guilty.

Last edited:

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How good/bad are Torque and After Last Season? I always see them listed in the upper echelons of bad films, but I'm not sure if they are good-bad, or just interminably shitty and boring.

CaptainTrips

Nov 20, 2017
OP. Trash cinema can be some of the most enjoyable or most miserable viewing experiences. The experience is heightened when you are wathcing with a group

Essential trash cinema:
Samurai Cop
Miami Connection
The Room
Hard Ticket to Hawaii (along with Andy Sidaris' other works)
Ben & Arthur
Chopping Mall
Deadly Prey
R.O.T.O.R.
Neil Breen's work if you are a masochist.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Smoking Aces isn't any kind of trash. And I don't really care for medium-budget, mainstream trash like most of what's been posted in this thread, nor do I usually enjoy intentionally bad movies like the ones from The Asylum.
Give me movies that only got booked in grindhouses or drive-ins.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
How good/bad are Torque and After Last Season? I always see them listed in the upper echelons of bad films, but I'm not sure if they are good-bad, or just interminably shitty and boring.
I watched After Last Season with a rifftrax style commentary on it, and it was STILL a frustrating thing to watch. I don't think it's possible for a movie to be more empty and dull than After Last Season. Birdemic and The Room at least had a bit of energy to them that carried you through, ALS moves slower than tectonic plates.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Birdemic and The Room at least had a bit of energy to them that carried you through, ALS moves slower than tectonic plates.
I guess that's why so many people had to dump ice buckets on their head to make it through ALS.

I guess it's similar to Manos: Hands of Fate, where even the riffing can't save your from interminable boredom?

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
I want to give OP props for referencing FASTER. It was a real, visceral, chunky guilty pleasure. Back when the Rock actually murdered people, in R Rated action flicks. Billy Bob was just having a blast, and I actually enjoyed the Hitman. I laughed my ass off when he 'beat' yoga in the beginning.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Torque is amazing.

It takes the style of the early Fast and the Furious flicks and pushes it so far beyond the breaking point that it nearly becomes transcendent. The FF series has grown into its own brand of over-the-top crazy but it still pales in comparison to the climax of Torque.

BEHOLD! The greatest climax ever:

I think FF had to change gears and become its weird super-spy form because Torque threw down the gauntlet and no one could ever dream of topping it.

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Faster is a fun film to catch on tv on a weekend.

A bad film that I enjoy is Lady In Water. I was rewatching it recently and loved the camerawork in it. There are some beautiful shots in the movie.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Torque is amazing.

It takes the style of the early Fast and the Furious flicks and pushes it so far beyond the breaking point that it nearly becomes transcendent. The FF series has grown into its own brand of over-the-top crazy but it still pales in comparison to the climax of Torque.

BEHOLD! The greatest climax ever:

I think FF had to change gears and become its weird super-spy form because Torque threw down the gauntlet and no one could ever dream of topping it.

The vfx look almost straight out of Wakaliwood at points.