• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Otheradam

Nov 1, 2017
Her employer's website/social media has been taken down already. She is most likely getting fired tomorrow if not already.

edit: below tweet, oh ffs. Administrative leave. I don't know why the lengths white privilege would go still cease to amaze me.

Placed on Leave

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Franklin Templeton @FTI_US

In response to an incident involving an employee on May 25th, Franklin Templeton issued the following statement.​

Po03EiR.png

10:43 PM - May 25, 2020

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Slightly OT... what is the origin of the "Karen" thing? Did a real Karen make some really big deal out of nothing?

That said, I would be fearing for my life once the lady called the cops. The dude did nothing wrong from what I can tell.

Edit:
She's getting a vacation out of this? WTF?

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
To all the people wondering why he pulled his phone out and started recording, please read the rest of her thread:

Mar 7, 2020
USA
Slightly OT... what is the origin of the "Karen" thing? Did a real Karen make some really big deal out of nothing?

That said, I would be fearing for my life once the lady called the cops. The dude did nothing wrong from what I can tell.

Edit:
She's getting a vacation out of this? WTF?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_(slang)

and white privilege is just like the thin blue lines, there will always be people defending Karens.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
This "lady" is a portfolio manager, that is pretty high up in the finance world. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. I doubt she keeps her job. At least I hope not.
Remember the woman that called the police on the black people for BBQ'ing was a PHD Stanford Grad and Project Manager. "Permit Patti" was a CEO of a company.

These are usually well educated women that know exactly what they are doing. And they probably would tell you they voted for Obama twice, too.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Her employer's website/social media has been taken down already. She is most likely getting fired tomorrow if not already.

edit: below tweet, oh ffs. Administrative leave. I don't know why the lengths white privilege would go still cease to amaze me.
They're not working. She's also pretty high up. Those folks have contracts, you need HR to put together a separation agreement.

superfriar19

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest
Seems like it would be akin to filing a false police report, but none of these incidents have resulted in any legal consequences. Only social consequences.
Unfortunately many of the white people calling the cops on black people for merely existing do not face severe long term consequences. Sure they might lose their job right after the incident goes public but all they have to do is find a fellow racist who will overlook that.

So sad/frustrating that both of you are right.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
This the same energy that got Emmet Till murdered. Fuck this scumbag piece of shit.

Unfortunately many of the white people calling the cops on black people for merely existing do not face severe long term consequences. Sure they might lose their job right after the incident goes public but all they have to do is find a fellow racist who will overlook that.

That's the point of white supremacy: To allow white folks to have dominion over non-white folks.

even in this thread, some people are more concerned about the dog.

I mean, white people like dogs...

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
To all the people wondering why he pulled his phone out and started recording, please read the rest of her thread:

Was just about to post this thread. A must read if you really want to understand why what this woman did was so heinous, and why a man who understands the justice system in this instance would immediately pull out his phone and start recording.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Well this is terrible but I am so glad the guy recorded it for the world to see.

This will haunt that racist lady for the rest of her days.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017

Looks like its getting a DDoS attack

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Is it just me or was this thread stickied for a minute?
Yeah it was.

I'm conflicted about using mob justice against an individual but this video makes my blood boil and I'm seeing better arguments for calling attention to who she is and where she works than ignoring it. She actively tried to get the guy recording it shot and she doesn't have kids to feed, so *shrug*

yurr

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
Remember the woman that called the police on the black people for BBQ'ing was a PHD Stanford Grad and Project Manager. "Permit Patti" was a CEO of a company.

These are usually well educated women that know exactly what they are doing. And they probably would tell you they voted for Obama twice, too.
Yea white tears never felt right with me as a black kid growing up. That cry for help Hathaway did in rises scared me how easy it was

Oct 27, 2017
She knew what she was doing. Attempted murder, straight up.

That "administrative leave" better become a firing once the dust settles, because this is as point blank as it gets. He said nothing, moved nowhere, yet the woman kept getting more hysterical, asking for police to intervene.

What a sick fuck.

yurr

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
Posted at 10:48 PM EDT

This thread is about a horrific display of white privilege and systemic racism. Diverting the discussion away from this is extremely inappropriate and tone deaf at best. Posts that attempt to derail or hijack the thread with white fragility and false equivalencies will be met with moderation.

Say less.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
fucking administrative leave? are you fucking kidding me. Goddamn this shit is disgusting.
I don't think there's any chance she doesn't get fired.

This just happened a few hours so they're probably dotting their i's and crossing their T's. Can you imagine destroying their company's PR for one person? Nah, she's donezo.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

It's frightening how it's not all that dissimilar to the tactics that got Emmit Till lynched 60+ years ago. The more things change...

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
fucking administrative leave? are you fucking kidding me. Goddamn this shit is disgusting.
I have no doubt she'll be fired. I'm sure there's some paperwork that has to be filed and this did blow up over over Memorial Day when the branch was supposed to be closed probably. They'll get in the office tomorrow and work out her dismissal. The company is probably pissed and embarrassed from all the negative attention she has brought on due to her racism. No respected business wants to be associated with someone like her

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, basically "If you keep filming I'm about to use the racist system to frame you"

Also the way she walked up on him frantically at the beginning of the video like she was about to fight him for the phone and he had to tell HER to back up

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
If the lady was so afraid of being fined, she should have just calmly said to the man, "Sorry, I am feeling anxious and not thinking straight. I won't do it again".

But nah, she had to go full white privilege mode. While choking her dog, because that's a normal thing to do.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
even in this thread, some people are more concerned about the dog.

This is a bit unfair. We know the person filming the video is alive and okay.

But we also know that if she treats the dog like that on video, she treats the dog like that on a regular basis. Showing sympathy for the dog is perfectly fine here. Doesn't mean they care more about the dog than the human but we know the human is okay.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Apparently she's Canadian as well.

Making us look good smh.

Sounds about white.

Honestly they should investigate her conduct at work. Chances are she pulled shit there as well.

This ain't her first time.
I don't think there's any chance she doesn't get fired.

This just happened a few hours so they're probably dotting their i's and crossing their T's. Can you imagine destroying their company's PR for one person? Nah, she's donezo.
I understand the need to investigate but motherfuckers shouldn't be put on administrative leave for attempted murder. She knew exactly what she was doing by describing him as African American.

if it was a white person though...

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yeah it was.

I'm conflicted about using mob justice against an individual but this video makes my blood boil and I'm seeing better arguments for calling attention to who she is and where she works than ignoring it. She actively tried to get the guy recording it shot and she doesn't have kids to feed, so *shrug*

What mob justice? No one is going to her house and kicking her ass.

But we also know that if she treats the dog like that on video, she treats the dog like that on a regular basis. Showing sympathy for the dog is perfectly fine here. Doesn't mean they care more about the dog than the human but we know the human is okay.

FFS...

Prolly gonna get dog piled here but what's the point of this comment?

What's the point of white supremacy?

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
I understand the need to investigate but motherfuckers shouldn't be put on administrative leave for attempted murder. She knew exactly what she was doing by describing him as African American.

if it was a white person though...
You can't just fire a person a national holiday when everyone, including HR is out.

She's all over Twitter too. This blowing up like crazy. I can't see her staying with the company.

This is gonna be a huge story. Way more than any Karen story before.

Mar 18, 2020

I specifically meant the Twitter thread in the post I was quoting, which was specifically dealing with white women weaponizing their whiteness against black men and not seeing justice.

Priorities.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I think this is important, it's very hard to weed every racist dickbag in the US, but we can work on dismantling the way they can inflict harm and terror on minorities.

I'll bet you they would have voted for Obama a third time if they could.

yurr

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019

That's true. Animal abuse is inexcusable and a crime. She was trying to kill this man, the dog is safe to.