• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
uqMDtFp.png

The 3ish hour run of INSIDE is hard to top for me. It's just an incredibly polished experience from start to finish; I find it hard to find a single flaw in it.

Not a fault of God of War or anything. That game is fantastic but it ended up losing steam with me at points and I was just going through the motions to see how the narrative would play out.

Came to post this. This game will look and feel just as flawless 20 years later. It's absolutely perfect. I have it one every platform it's available. God of War definitely was my favorite AAA game of the gen up until TLoUII which like the OP said isn't perfect either. Both games definitely trade blows with each other.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
uqMDtFp.png

The 3ish hour run of INSIDE is hard to top for me. It's just an incredibly polished experience from start to finish; I find it hard to find a single flaw in it.

Not a fault of God of War or anything. That game is fantastic but it ended up losing steam with me at points and I was just going through the motions to see how the narrative would play out.

I'd also agree that Inside is the closest thing to a "perfect" game, even if I'm not sure I'd choose it as my absolute favorite. It's as close to flawless as I can think of.

God of War was "good" to me. I didn't really like the series up to now. The new one was by far the most palatable for non-fans like me, but still left a lot to be desired. At least they made me somewhat look forward to the next story, so that is an accomplishment.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I had cared about it as a game because I was falling asleep while playing it, but it is great from a story/music/graphics perspective. The game is a very solid 7/10 for me.

Also there was like near to no bosses or enemy variety, it's one of the biggest disappointments for me during this gen because gameplay wise I found it to be very boring. I will probably just watch a "movie" version of the next game on youtube or something.

Last edited:

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Game was such a disappointment to me, which I've explained in other threads, but I am more hyped for its successor than other games because it laid down a wonderful foundation.
Definitely. While I enjoyed the game, it still wasn't nearly as good as Barlog's God of War 2. Or Ghost of Sparta. They focused on combat and storytelling, and it was mostly well done, (especially the combat, it's pure gold) but I really miss the jump button and platforming. Some really great parts of the original games were platforming parts and God of War 2 was a near perfect mix of everything. Also the lack of interesting puzzles and boss fights were a letdown.

On topic, I'd give this award to TLOU2 even though it was too long IMO. This game is a monster achievement in pretty much every aspects.

Artifice

Oct 30, 2017
Funnily, I enjoyed God of War more than TLOU2 and I had not picked up GOW on release since I thought I would not like the gameplay. For me the GOW set pieces were bigger and more dynamic than TLOU2.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So nobody had an issue with the camera view and how you are blinded because you are zoomed in to the character? That made me hate the game.

Jul 12, 2020
For me I will not use 'perfect' to describe GOW. I really like it. I would prefer using 'comfortable'. The game make me keep playing and I felt satisfied after finishing it.

It has some flaws Like many people have said the game lacked variety of bosses. Besides, the story didn't hit my soul. The story is good and have some excellent plots. It just didn't give me a strong impact which I really want.