• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
MV5BYTBiZjFlZDQtZjc1MS00YzllLWE5ZTQtMmM5OTkyNjZjMWI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA1OTEwNjE@._V1_UY1200_CR97,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Batman Beyond is rightfully considered one of the greatest Batman series of all time. However, while there do exist comics..I'm not sure how the quality of those comics are and they do not appear to be very noticed. Seeing as how well known Miles Morales is, I feel like Terry and Batman Beyond should get the same amount of recognition. We do get the Beyond skins in games but I want to see Terry himself play a role. Or better yet,we should get Batman Beyond in more media and I feel like Terry should be as acknowledged recognized as Wally West

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Gotta be honest OP, I didn't see the Beyond part in your OP and almost went on a rant about Batwank. Anyways yeah, agreed, Terry needs more love.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I'm just happy we got a resolution of sorts as part of Justice League Unlimited. I loved the time travel episodes + epilogue.

I should probably check out the comics some day.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
I think it belongs in the desert next to the Atari 2600 carts of ET.

I mean...yeah just no. Bruce and Babs ruined everything forever.

doomed to the non-canon abyss.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I'm just happy we got a resolution of sorts as part of Justice League Unlimited. I loved the time travel episodes + epilogue.

I should probably check out the comics some day.

Same here. I'm glad we got an ending and even the surprise animated short a few years ago with Kevin Conroy and Will Friedle voicing their respective characters again!

I would *kill* for a Batman Beyond Arkham style game or even another animated movie, but I really should delve into the comics and get started.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is what happens when DC returns to Batman Beyond.

batmanbeyond2.02013-0rnpqf.jpg

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017
It's funny you mention Miles because I think Terry is actually a poor man's Peter Parker.

Sweet suit though.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Can't go wrong with more Beyond. Dude should get either another season of the TV series or his own game.
Put him in Injustice as well!

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
On one hand.. I agree..

On the other, I have no confidence that current DC can do him right.

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
Batman by way of Cyberpunk is a winning combo if I ever saw one.

Would love to see an animated movie in the style of Bubblegum Crisis or live action film with the ascetic of Bladerunner 2049.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
i truly believe batman beyond will get some sort of reboot/revival at some point. I don't think it will be for at least another decade though

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Agreed. Batman Beyond is amazing, and it hurts how much is overlooked, even on DC.

And because is (should be) illegal to have a BB thread without someone linking the intro, here it is:

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm still waiting for a Batman Beyond Arkham game. I loved the cartoon and was always super hyped when Terry showed up in other shows like Justice League.

That crossover of him with old man Static? Fuuuuucking amazing.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
The fatal flaw of the IP is that it failed to have compelling original villains so all the best episodes/stories just brought old Batman villains back.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Future's End was supposed to be Terry's introduction to the DCU. He died in this event and was replaced by Tim Drake.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Future's End was supposed to be Terry's introduction to the DCU. He died in this event and was replaced by Tim Drake.
Yup. Asking DC to bring back Terry again is very much a likely monkey's paw.

DC in recent years has had a dreadful track record when it comes to legacy characters. Any Green Lantern not named Hal Jordon? Relegated to Hal's supporting cast. Wally West? Got rebooted as a younger kid, then the original Wally came back (so it's even more confusing) and got a massive dose of character assassination courtesy of Tom King (who was also continuing to wreck Ted Kord and Booster Gold in the process). I think it's mainly Geoff John's influence, it's either him or some other editor who had a massive hard-on for Hal and Barry.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I was hoping Pattinson was going to be Terry in a Beyond movie. I think he'd be perfect but oh well.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
I stan Drakeman Beyond. now THAT was some interesting and fun shit, for a second, before he literally disappeared into nothing while riding off into the sunset on his motorbike. (DC plz)
massive dose of character assassination courtesy of Tom King (who was also continuing to wreck Ted Kord and Booster Gold in the process).
what you don't like wanton time-psychopath Booster Gold?
Wait so all the recent Batman Beyond comics are NOT Terry? We should riot
no they did some timey whimey flim flam and that whole ordeal was cut off by...Dr Manhattan or some shit. It was post-apocalyptic Earth anyway.

The Beyond comics just pick up at some unknown non-canon elseworlds random time in the future.

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Yup. Asking DC to bring back Terry again is very much a likely monkey's paw.

DC in recent years has had a dreadful track record when it comes to legacy characters. Any Green Lantern not named Hal Jordon? Relegated to Hal's supporting cast. Wally West? Got rebooted as a younger kid, then the original Wally came back (so it's even more confusing) and got a massive dose of character assassination courtesy of Tom King (who was also continuing to wreck Ted Kord and Booster Gold in the process). I think it's mainly Geoff John's influence, it's either him or some other editor who had a massive hard-on for Hal and Barry.
Which is odd because Johns (and James Robinson) were awesome at making the legacy characters matter.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
One of the best concepts of Beyond is having Bruce as the "Commanding Officer". He can no longer fight himself, but his experience is still invaluable

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Why is DC simultaneously really good at creating legacy characters and then squandering them once they've reached the big time?

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Some of the problem is it all being in the future, similar to problems with the Legion of super heroes over the years. They want to be able to put everything and everyone into all the big event comics throughout the year and that makes it difficult, you have to do tropes of them coming back in time to help or having the future change based on something that happened in said event and it doesn't always make sense.

I love the future DC stuff though so I may be a little bitter about their handling over the years. Along with the handling of basically ever DC property outside of some of the movies and TV stuff

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man I hate how DC treats Batman Beyond and Terry McGinnis.

All I want is a game with Terry. A good one. An Arkham game. Batman: Arkham Beyond. It's catchy.