• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm more of a Zelda fan than a Mario fan, so I'd be up for a Zelda Legacy Collection series. Maybe split into parts. One collection covers the NES, SNES, and handheld eras. One collection covering the N64 era, and one collection covering the Gamecube, Wii/Wii U eras. I haven't gotten the 3D All Stars collection, so I have no idea how that turned out, but it'd be great if Nintendo would show Zelda and Metroid more love as far as bringing the older, non-3D games to the Switch.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
I think there'll be a disc with OOT, MM, Ww and TP all given the all-stars emulation treatment potentially with SS as more of a port

DinoBlaster

Feb 18, 2020
On here? Probably. Wider market? Nah. I mean they sold WW on its own twice before, they will totally do it again. It's a great game in its own right so people will buy it
It's definitely worthy of being sold on its own...but that would be a dick move to sell OOT, MM, and TP in one collection, then withhold WW and bundle it with Four Swords and the DS games.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
As well as a collection of 3D console games, I'd love to see a handheld collection as well.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I can see them bundling the 3DS remakes together while selling the Wii U ports separately at full price.

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
i'm still thinking they'll do the same thing they did the first time they re-released the first mario collection.

they'll just repackage the old Zelda Collection from GC with their new GC emulator and tweak a few things and call it a day, just like the Super Mario All Stars release on Wii.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
They're going to release ports of the Wii U remasters for $60 each and a new Skyward Sword remaster for $60.

Obviously I'd prefer if they remade the GC Zelda Collector's Edition but this time with the N64 Zeldas with HD HUD, WWHD, and TPHD but Nintendo is going to try to make as much money as possible so yeah.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I don't understand why people keep omitting Majora's Mask or associate it with how Galaxy 2 was taken out, especially since the closest reason is that Galaxy 2 has a mechanic that wouldn't work well with the Switch.

Majora's Mask has no such mechanic.

Jodast

Oct 25, 2017
In 2010 Nintendo released a 25th Mario Anniversary collection (even if it was just All stars emulated). In 2011 Nintendo released Skyward Sword and a limited timed expanded DSi port of Four Swords to celebrate Zelda's 25th.

They didn't make a compilation disc 10 years ago when they did for Mario despite everyone probably thinking they would then (and also having the emulators then too). Why is everyone so sure it's happening now?

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
i'm still thinking they'll do the same thing they did the first time they re-released the first mario collection.

they'll just repackage the old Zelda Collection from GC with their new GC emulator and tweak a few things and call it a day, just like the Super Mario All Stars release on Wii.
that's an emulator turducken

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
In 2010 Nintendo released a 25th Mario Anniversary collection (even if it was just All stars emulated). In 2011 Nintendo released Skyward Sword and a limited timed expanded DSi port of Four Swords to celebrate Zelda's 25th.

They didn't make a compilation disc 10 years ago when they did for Mario despite everyone probably thinking they would then (and also having the emulators then too). Why is everyone so sure it's happening now?

i think the fact the 2010 collection was the 1993 one repackaged while this year's one is a new collection is giving people those hopes.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Feels like you're asking for too much.

-WWHD and TPHD
-SSHD seperately
-MM/OOT 3ds ports or emulated

Maybe some SNES Zelda games on the service

That's it, thankfully wind waker and twilight princess have been remastered and Skyward actually needs retooling so they'll all look nice.

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
after Super Mario 3D All Stars.. But that could depend on the timing of Botw 2 coming out next year. They wouldn't want to cannablize with botw2, so maybe after?

Anyway, what games would you want on it? I have two ideas/two separate collections actually, regardless of how realistic they are of actually happening (especially widescreen and full 1080p support).

1. Hero of Time Collection
Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. Oot and MM are 720p/1080p 16:9 native resolution ports of the 3ds version, while TP is a port of TP HD on Wii U. It's called hero of time, cause hero of time appears in all of them

2. Windwaker/ Toon Link Collection
Windwaker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and Four Swords Adventures. 4 games I know. But Windwaker HD (Wii U port), and 720p/1080p widescreenp portsof the DS PH and ST.. as well as GameCube version of Four Swords Adventures.
Based on what we have seen with the all stars collection and the emulators there is no 3ds emulator and 3 games seems to be enough for Nintendo for 60 dollar effort.... so, max 3 games and only NGC, N64 or Wii ports.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Ok I'll give leeway to MM N64 being superior(even though I heavily disagree) but what makes OoT 3D so bad?
Nothing. People seriously can't accept that the version they played as a kid isn't objectively superior. It's a shame, and I hope it won't deprive us of OOT3D in future rereleases

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course there will be. They already successfully resold this and other games so many times.
No reason to stop squeezing, especially with the work they already did for the Mario collection. Though latest news from the homebrew community says it is not just a simple emulator where you could inject other games into.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
If they do collections, I expect it to be Ocarina 3DS/Majora 3DS for 60 bucks and then Twilight Princess remaster/Windwaker remasterfor 60 bucks. Or... all these for 60 bucks each seems more on brand: Ocarina/Majora, Windwaker, Twilight Princess.

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
If there is a collection I expect OOT, WWHD & TPHD.

I don't expect any of the other games being released apart from SSHD which will be a stand-alone

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't quite imagine how they'll pick and choose titles; nothing seems to fit well, and the way they handled 3D All-Stars didn't make things any clearer.

If we're throwing realism out the window, I'd love the 4 existing remakes as a single title with SS HD coming separately (insiders alreasy said it's coming, though now that I think about it I'm not sure we know if it's standalone).
Who says you can't buy them individually? It will happen with the Mario gamea
Bet

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I would hope we get native ports of Skyward Sword and the 3DS games but I guess all we get is a collection with emulated N64 OoT, MM and Skyward Sword and, if we are lucky, a dual pack of TWW and TP HD.

I also hope they won't forget A Link Between Worlds, but I guess they will. A collection of the 3DS games would be so nice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ShadowFox08

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Holy smokes, Majora's Mask looks fantastic.
Switch Pro 4k let's go!

I would hope we get native ports of Skyward Sword and the 3DS games but Imwe all we get a collection with emulated N64 OoT, MM and Skyward Sword and, if we are lucky, a dual pack of TWW and TP HD.

I also hope they won't forget A Link Between Worlds, but I guess they will. A collection of the 3DS games would be so nice.
That would be amazing as well. 3DS games in one collection: OoT, MM and A Link Between Worlds, while WW, TP and SS for the other collection.

I would hope we get native ports of Skyward Sword and the 3DS games but Imwe all we get a collection with emulated N64 OoT, MM and Skyward Sword and, if we are lucky, a dual pack of TWW and TP HD.

That would be amazing as well. 3DS games in one collection: OoT, MM and A Link Between Worlds, while WW, TP and SS for the other collection.

That would be really weird considering we have remakes (and better) out.

The original 64 versions should be put on console VC. Perhaps nintendo will open up 64, Gzc and console VC on March. 🤔

Last edited:

RobbRivers

Jan 3, 2018
I'm really upset on mario 64 in mario 3d allstars so I hope we have 3ds zeldas, ot give the option to toggle remastered/original modes, like halo anniversary does (or both).

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Based on what we have seen with the all stars collection and the emulators there is no 3ds emulator and 3 games seems to be enough for Nintendo for 60 dollar effort.... so, max 3 games and only NGC, N64 or Wii ports.

It's not like we knew of N64, Gamecube or Wii emulators for the switch before the all stars collection either, so I don't quite follow how this means a 3ds one is impossible.

The bigger problem is just having a 3ds emulator wouldn't work so well, because nobody wants the second screen taking up a chunk of screen real estate. The games would be better served being used as a base, but altered for a single screen.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Portable Wind Waker has been a dream for me ever since that portable GameCube mockup was floating around.

But hey at least we got a portable sequel 🤢

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I mean, no in that Nintendo never do what you think

I think what they do with the all stars 3d games after they stop selling them will give an indication.

They have already done lots of renakr for three zelda games but they were all full price

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
With the effort they put into the 3d Mario collection I'm expecting both WiiU ports sold separately for 60 bugs like Tropical Freeze. SS as well thanks to the rumours. Since the possibility of N64 emulator does exist we might only get NOS versions of OoT and MM. They were already remade for 3ds after all. I'm not seeing a collection at all.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Ocarina of Time: 720p at 4:3, 20FPS (N64 version)
Wind Waker: 1080p, 30FPS (Gamecube version, no enhancements from the HD remaster)
Twilight Princess: 1080p, 30FPS (Pro Controller not supported, detached Joycons only)

$70 with next-gen tax, only available for 6 months. "Where the fuck is Majora's Mask?"

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly they won't make any sense since they released Link's Awakening for a full $60...

That's was a remake though, not at the same level of work were talking about here. The hardest part would be reconfiguring the 3DS remakes of Ocarina and Majora. The others (WW and TP) would be just ports of the Wii U games.

If I had to choose. I want the 3ds remakes the most here.

Caladbolg

Jun 19, 2019
2. Windwaker/ Toon Link Collection
Windwaker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and Four Swords Adventures. 4 games I know. But Windwaker HD (Wii U port), and 720p/1080p widescreenp portsof the DS PH and ST.. as well as GameCube version of Four Swords Adventures.

I could see Nintendo releasing FSA as a standalone release with added online play. There's another toon link game though to replace it, and a much better one imo- The Minish Cap.

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
I think the odds of getting 3 3D Zelda games in a bundle are very thin. Those games are a lot more massive than Mario games and Nintendo knows they can get away releasing them individually at full price. Maybe 2 games, but they would be emulated versions of OoT/MM with higher resolutions and upgraded textures, nothing more.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I think Skyward Sword would be a standalone release, full retail. HD visuals, in the same vein as Twilight Princess HD. Looks like the original game but at a higher resolution and cleaner.

Maybe Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask 3̶D̶ HD as one collection, using the 3DS titles with upscaled textures at a higher resolution, followed by Twilight Princess/Wind Waker HD as a second collection later in the year.

I can't see them using the N64 titles when they already have the 3DS remakes with vastly superior visuals. People can say what they want about the updated visuals changing the atmosphere for certain things, such as the Shadow Temple, or the final fight with Ganon.. but the overall visual improvements are worth the trade-off.

Last edited:

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I hope we have OoT+MM 3D in HD, that's all. I already have WW and TP so that would be a bonus, and I don't think SS is happening because they won't go through the effort of making it work, and I don't really care about that game either.

Oct 25, 2017
If it happens, it will probably be OOT 3D/WWHD/TPHD in one collection and Skyward Sword HD as an standalone release. Majora Mask will be left out for obvious reasons.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Yeah, and unlike Mario I would expect a little something better than the 3D Allstate's collection based on their track record with Zelda.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
Playing Super Mario 64 this weekend really just made me think about Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask and how I want to replay them again. Honestly, if BOTW 2 comes out next year I'm not sure how many Zelda games Nintendo will give us next year. I could see multiple games if it's a 2022 title but I can't imagine a year with Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, Wind Waker, Skyward Sword and BOTW 2. Sounds amazing but not realistic.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
I don't know what the sales for 3D All Stars is but given the pre-order madness I reckon it will be high, that will probably determine whether they do this for their other franchises, although we already know MPT is happening a Zelda one would be great too, only problem is the framerate in OOT and MM should really be bumped up too if possible.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless you think they'll port the original games over the remakes, you're not getting a 3D Zelda collection. Nothing about Nintendo's recent actions says they wont sell the HD remakes separately for $60 each. You'll get OoT with some of the 2D games or a 2D only collection.