• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
after Super Mario 3D All Stars.. But that could depend on the timing of Botw 2 coming out next year. They wouldn't want to cannablize with botw2, so maybe after?

Anyway, what games would you want on it? I have two ideas/two separate collections actually, regardless of how realistic they are of actually happening (especially widescreen and full 1080p support).

1. Hero of Time Collection
Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. Oot and MM are 720p/1080p 16:9 native resolution ports of the 3ds version, while TP is a port of TP HD on Wii U. It's called hero of time, cause hero of time appears in all of them

2. Windwaker/ Toon Link Collection
Windwaker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and Four Swords Adventures. 4 games I know. But Windwaker HD (Wii U port), and 720p/1080p widescreenp portsof the DS PH and ST.. as well as GameCube version of Four Swords Adventures.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Honestly the way 3D All Stars is being handled makes me think a Zelda collection is even less likely, lol. Certainly not with upgrades or any sort of serious overhauls.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it would have a little more effort behind it, but that's probably asking for too much.

At best, I'm expecting $60 separate ports of WW and TP, maybe Skyward Sword as well.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like well get ports of the two Wii U titles and maybe Skyward Sword, all separate, all $60.

It'd also be lame to get ports of the N64 titles when they have superior(IMO) remakes.

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
I've wanted the classic Zelda games on my Switch ever since I bought it, I honestly thought they'd have been available before now.

I think they'll go OoT, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess in a similar fashion to the way 3D All Stars has a game from each console.

OP
OP
ShadowFox08

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
After seeing how amazing the Mario games ok 3d all stars look, thanks to the resolution boost, I'm really excited to see 1080p ports of handheld Zelda games especially.

Let me tell you something. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks look AMAZING in 1080p. Well beyond 64 quality and closer to GameCube.

Can you imagine OOT and MM 3DS in 4k or even 1080p? Absolutely amazing too

I would prefer individual ports.
Who says you can't buy them individually? It will happen with the Mario gamea

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's no chance of any meaningful distinction like "Hero of Time" Collection. Mario 3D All Stars wasn't split up into "exploration" and "linear" collections despite Nintendo themselves making the distinction in the games.

Id like n64 OoT, MM, Wind Waker and TP HD from the Wii U ports, and if they can get Skyward Sword to work, all the better.

OP
OP
ShadowFox08

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
There's no chance of any meaningful distinction like "Hero of Time" Collection. Mario 3D All Stars wasn't split up into "exploration" and "linear" collections despite Nintendo themselves making the distinction in the games.

Id like n64 OoT, MM, Wind Waker and TP HD from the Wii U ports, and if they can get Skyward Sword to work, all the better.
Ffs read the first post. I said I don't care about what would realistically happen with Nintendo.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
If it does happen I really hope it isn't a half assed disappointment like the Mario one.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
honestly, just give us this again

gc_zelda_4_game_collection_p_fy51e2.jpg

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I'd rather have a version like this

...but the new Nintendo management just want a quick cash grab, so won't give the budget for it.

Lark

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm not so sure about that. There's only really been one Zelda collection before (unless I'm misremembering), and it wasn't available for purchase, unlike the original Super Mario All-Stars. There's effectively no precedent for bundling Zelda games together, and the fact that Nintendo has released a standalone revision/remaster of every 3D title except Skyward Sword (which may still happen) suggests that they might just do them one at a time again in the future.

If they did do it, though, I'd expect OoT+MM, WW+TP, and SS on its own. The 2D titles would either release on NSO or get separate remakes like Link's Awakening.

May 15, 2019
I would want the N64 and GameCube games ported from their original versions in higher resolution. The new graphics in Ocarina and Majora 3D are unnecessary and just as "dated" relative to today as the N64 ones were when the 3DS remakes came out, and Wind Waker HD isn't even cel shaded.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Personally I'm expecting two SKUs:

1. Ocarina of Time, Zelda WW, Twilight Princess

2. Zelda Skyward Sword Remastered

Though alternatively could also go Ocarina + Majora's, Windwaker plus Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword Remastered.

Onilink

Oct 30, 2017
Eh. After the GC emulator i'm not so sure of we will receive WiiU versions of the games. Less work and shit with deal in (miiverse, stamps...).
Skyward Sword 90% is a port like galaxy, with improved textures but that's It.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
I really want all 3D Zelda's available on Switch, but Skyward Sword the most. That game would look so gorgeous in HD.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Gimme Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD and a remaster of Skyward Sword with as much care and attention as WWHD received.

I'd also kill for HD versions of the 3DS OoT/Majora's Mask remakes. The idea that because they don't look as good as games with modern graphics anyway we'd be better off with the N64 originals is laughable. Release the originals as Nintendo Online bonuses, release HD versions of the 3DS games as a buyable collection (or package them in with the 3DS remasters, either way just get it all out there so everyone is happy).

I'd also love a Link Between Worlds HD remaster for $30-40 (who are we kidding? Nintendo would just charge $60)

Fully expect Nintendo to disappoint.

Last edited:

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
I would be fine if the collections went with 2 games each,but had respectable graphical enhancements

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
I bet on OOT as Mario 64, but based on the 3ds remake

WW as Sunshine, based on the wiiu HD Port

Tp as Galaxy, based on the wiiu HD Port

SS will be a separated release as Mario 3d world

spicynun

Jul 19, 2020
Due to the new emulators created for All Stars, I'm thinking at least an n64 game. Both gamecube Zelda games were remastered so I feel like they would use those versions (Twilight Princess and Wind Waker). So Ocarina, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess as a collection and Skyward Sword as a standalone release. They will do Majora's Mask dirty like Galaxy 2. I can sense it. They will probably use the original Ocarina and not 3DS. Gotta pull at least one "Nintendo" move

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
They're kind of in a weird place with it as the wii u remasters exist but then there's OoT and MM to take care of

not that such a comp would be a gargantuan task but I can see why nintendo wouldn't go out of their way with it maybe

edit: well if we're talking about a comp of the "main" 3D games a la Mario. I dunno about skyward vis a vis motion controls

Noog

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 1, 2018
They're kind of in a weird place with it as the wii u remasters exist but then there's OoT and MM to take care of

not that such a comp would be a gargantuan task but I can see why nintendo wouldn't go out of their way with it maybe

edit: well if we're talking about a comp of the "main" 3D games a la Mario. I dunno about skyward vis a vis motion controls
I truly don't know what Nintendo would do. I imagine they'd do roms of N64 Ocarina and Majora, but would they use GameCube WW and TP? It would feel weird to have two remakes and two original versions, but it'd also feel weird to not have the optimal versions of TP and WW. My hope would be up-res the 3DS remakes and include the Wii U remakes.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I could see them putting out the Wii U remasters on Switch, along with that rumored Skyward Sword port if that's real. Either with WW/TP as one pack and SS separate, or all of them separate

UncleAlbert

Mar 25, 2020
After seeing how amazing the Mario games ok 3d all stars look, thanks to the resolution boost, I'm really excited to see 1080p ports of handheld Zelda games especially.

Let me tell you something. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks look AMAZING in 1080p. Well beyond 64 quality and closer to GameCube.

Can you imagine OOT and MM 3DS in 4k or even 1080p? Absolutely amazing too

Who says you can't buy them individually? It will happen with the Mario gamea

Holy smokes, Majora's Mask looks fantastic.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
If the hero of time collection, as per OP, was to be made, I hope it'd be based on existing ports so at least they have QoL changes.

Deleted member 44122

id want a hero of time collection, but with the superior n64 versions

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
The Legend of Zelda Triforce collection featuring Ocarina of Time 3DS port, Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD.

The Majora's Mask 3DS port will recieve the Super Mario Galaxy 2 treatement of being omitted whilst Skyward Sword HD will be a standalone release.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
They sold Windwaker at $50 and Twilight Princess $60( including the Wolf Link Amiibo) in the last 7 years, so I can't see then bundling those two titles into any $60 package.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Honestly the way 3D All Stars is being handled makes me think a Zelda collection is even less likely, lol. Certainly not with upgrades or any sort of serious overhauls.

Twilight Princess & Wind Waker? Nintendo can easily use the HD versions from Wii U. And it wouldn't be hard to port over, considering that they've ported over the majority of Wii U games to Switch already.

Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask? They can be difficult, considering the 3DS versions uses dual screens & in which they'll have to make them presentable in HD. Either they'll put a lot of effort into those versions, or they'll have to go back to using the GameCube versions & remake them from scratch completely. Same will go for A Link Between Worlds as well.

Skyward Sword? They'll have to completely revamp that one, considering that it's very integrated & reliant on motion controls from the Wii.

Last edited:

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
I don't expect a real collection. They'll probably Re-port the Wii U versions of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess since most of the HD conversion work has already been done. I fully expect them to price these at $60 too. Skyward Sword could probably be an HD port however, I think that's still possible, but again, they'll price it at $60.

I would like a Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask collection, in which they use the 3DS versions as a framework, but again, I don't expect anything lower than $60 and nothing extra. I doubt we'd get any of the odd games like the DS/3DS games, or any of the Gameboy/Color/Advance games.

At this point, while I do enjoy playing through Super Mario 64 again, I have no faith that Nintendo is going to put any effort towards modernizing their older games other than the bare minimum while charging full price for them.

itsric

Aug 1, 2020
Honestly they won't make any sense since they released Link's Awakening for a full $60...

Deleted member 44122

Ok I'll give leeway to MM N64 being superior(even though I heavily disagree) but what makes OoT 3D so bad?
they over-brightened everything (ex: last boss fight against ganon has a completely different and worse atmosphere), added stupid giant colorful hint stones that stick out like a sore thumb, removed blood from walls etc, "censored" charakter models, using more than 2 items requires the use of the touch screen - n64 allowed for 3, young links arm in first person mode (when using the slingshot for example) looks off model and too "fat".
off the top of my head those are some things that i dont like in the 3ds version

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
What we'll get are ports of WW HD and TP HD for $60 each and a pack with OoT and MM emulated for $60. SS will be ignored due to the effort required to adapt the controls. They'll all sell like hotcakes and will serve to fill the gap between releases, just like 3D All Stars is doing.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
If it's anything like the Mario 3D collection, I rather have them not make a Zelda collection.

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
It depends what work (if any) has gone into ports of WW and TP HD from the Wii U.

If nothing has been started, I can see a collection being made of the N64 and GC games. Rumour has it that development of Mario 3D All Stars started just six or seven months before release and during lockdown so I could see a similar style of release happening. If ports of the Wii U games are in progress, we may just get N64 rereleases on Switch.

Not sure it will happen anyway though (this collection seems like a one off and specifically linked to what Nintendo had done in the past) but we'll see.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask? They can be difficult, considering the 3DS versions uses dual screens & in which they'll have to make them presentable in HD. Either they'll put a lot of effort into those versions, or they'll have to go back to using the GameCube versions & remake them from scratch completely.

If Square Enix can remaster Dream Drop Distance from 3DS to PS4 then I'm sure Nintendo can do the same for 3DS to Switch.