• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing that with Sekiro for months

Just boot it up and run through it, sword fighting

I did that with Sekiro for a week as well. Traversal and combat feel so good in these games, thats why I kept coming back to them. Not a coincidence these are my two favorites of the year

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
He's lucky then, after the ending you can keep playing doing sub quests or just mess around and kill enemies

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I've sorta been doing this. I only play at night(or very early, before sun up, on weekends) to maximize immersion & atmosphere, and only a few nights a week so I don't burn through it too quickly.

Oct 27, 2017
This is how I feel about Astral Chain. Had the game since launch and I'm refusing to play it through to the end because I don't want it to end.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I felt this way with The Witcher 3. I kept trying to prolong the "Blood and Wine" DLC by playing every single side quest and collecting everything I needed. When it ended, the feeling was amazing and sad...

Same. 300 hours played over nearly a 2-year period. If the game had more content, I'd happily have played another 300h.

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
felt similar in the way that I never wanted it to end, wanted constant mistery and weirdness but thats not going to stop me from finishing it. Glad we have DLC coming

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Yep, sounds like a Kotaku article.

The feeling of not really wanting something to end? Sure, I get that. But to STOP playing? Erm... okay, I guess?

I also totally get that "coming home" feeling I, too, have for many games like in Gothic upon walking into the Old Camp. But everything has to end eventually, and for me, the ending and closure of a story or rather story arc in Control's case is an integral part of it. I just revisit and play again lots of games that usually have "zero replay value" because the experience was great.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I bought my wife the LEGO Hogwarts castle for her birthday earlier this year. She had never put LEGO stuff together before and really loved it. She loved it so much that she didn't want to finish, so it has been sitting on her craft table, about 90% complete, for a couple months. I don't get it, but to each their own.

Oct 25, 2017
México
rnyBfAS.jpg

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I get it
This is exactly why I play so many games but finish so few.
I just don't want them to end and if I beat it, it's over. But if I don't, then it's in some limbo in my mind.
Screwed up sounding but so true. I've been trying to beat more games this year and have actually done it a little, but I really don't like them end sections of any game I love.
its like being in an interactive death march for something I love lol

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know what he means.
I am dying to press E and launch some shit at something..anything and see the hiss fly.

Oct 27, 2017
I've purposely put games aside to not beat them too quick, but it usually ends up being a mistake because I don't get back to it half the time.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
" and you can fly. "

No you can't. Superjump + glide =/= flying. At no point can you increase your altitude once in the air.

I'm done with my super specific nitpick.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I didn't realize that the Control disk would self-destruct within your console upon completion, thus preventing you from playing it again once you beat it. That's really committing to the whole spy angle.

Manac0r

Oct 30, 2017
UK
This is what is referred to as Schrödinger's ending. I have suffered from this as well. I have played games to the near point of completion and then stop. In some kind of twisted quantum-fiable logic the game universe still lives on and also ends at the same time. It ends as I stop playing but I don't get to experience the often disappointing endings and can imagine events contiuing ad inifinitum.

Its kind of hard to explain but I do understand the article and can completely relate.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I still haven't watched the final seasons of Six Feet Under and Breaking Bad.

I've left Quadrilateral Cowboy, Doom, on their last level.

Control, the combat just feels so good

and love the psychological thriller narrative so far, I might do the same hearing what people say about the ending.