• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
Even as someone who isn't from the US, what Stacey Abrams was able to do was nothing short of a miracle.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
It was an amazing moment and I wish we got to celebrate more than just 1 day before Trump dragged us back to Hell.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
I had no hope of it happening but was determined to vote for the Democrats. So happy it happened. Also happy to see the Republican party attacking each other and signaling that they'll go after Trump legally.

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
We do need to bring into the calculus how horrible the Republican candidates were. One of them decided they didn't want to participate in the debates anymore, the other was a legit maniac. This is not to take away too much from what the Democrats did there, I just will be curious to see if slightly better Republican candidates will shift things back. I hope not.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Biden won the state and then the polling leading up to it indicated there was a very realistic chance of winning on top of the huge early turnout and new voter registration. The only way you couldn't see it coming was overwhelming blind cynicism.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
You can't believe it because Antifa super soldiers STOLE the duffle bags of votes and replaced them with communist VEGAN soy ballots filled out by AOC and... Pfffffft hahahahahaha

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Its such a red state that I thought the best and most likely outcome was a split.

It was so close though and so many things had to go our way for it to happen. Abrams seemingly singlehandedly increased blue voter turnout and then the insurrectionist in chief depressing his own base because he convinced them the elections were fraudulent.

This election was really dramatic. From watching Trump having huge leads that slowly dwinded until the states turned blue and then it was a lock and then this huge upset in Georgia picking up two seats was very movie like.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad Georgia went the way it did, but my gut tells me we're 6-12 months away from some shaky senator proclaiming "I didn't leave the democrat party, the democrat party left me" with all the bullshit that entails.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I literally had no faith that Ossoff and Warnock would win but was pleasantly surprised when they did.

Hopefully leading to 2022/2024 elections more is done in GA to address rural voter suppression. I look at counties outside of major cities in GA (Savannah, Macon, Atlanta, metro Atlanta counties) and I find it hard to believe that 9,000+ people showed up to vote Republicans while 1,000-2,000 showed up to vote Democrat. Something fishy is going on (lack of access to polls, the ID law that's in GA, employers threatening to sack people for leaving for any reason even to vote while supervisors leave at any time to vote, etc).

Metro Atlanta shouldn't have to save the state of Georgia each and every time.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
0f6e396291c13eb889bfc494921fc0eaaf-15-abrams-lede.rvertical.w570.jpg

"Pretty sweet, huh?"
As soon as McConnell said no to the $2000 checks I knew we won. My guess is McConnell took the chance so he could demonize Democrats in 2022. Always the long game for him.
To be fair the Republicans big strategy for GA was telling their voters the election was rigged and to not vote.

This was the trifecta for me of why it happened imo.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Hearing good news in politics feels like a rarity so for a state like Georgia to come through twice over a few months is a big surprise. I hope it inspires a bigger movement in Georgia and similar states to take part in politics.

It won't be easy to replicate either, but just knowing that this actually happened is a huge thing.

TuneTuneGuy

Mar 11, 2020
This is what happens when everybody has the ability to vote, the people working twelve hour shifts to raise their kids and keep the rent paid.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
Stacey Abrams did her thing. It also didn't help that covid was raging and the GOP was the reason congress had to fight to get a $600 stimulus. If they were smart they would have pushed for as much money as possible, but they got greedy in the end.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
It was only feasible thanks to Abrams and black voters in general. Once again, they bailed our asses out again. Now it's time for the Democratic party to open up their fucking ears and listen to black people.

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
I knew we had won it when I saw people saying Republicans were under preforming the general in rural counties. They need all those counties to win. I figured Warnock had it but was still worried for Ossoff. So glad to see them both win. I was so sure we'd loose the run off. Glad to see some change.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I'm glad Georgia went the way it did, but my gut tells me we're 6-12 months away from some shaky senator proclaiming "I didn't leave the democrat party, the democrat party left me" with all the bullshit that entails.
Nah we're good there. The moderates in the party are in their best position they could be in. They'll be getting lots of pork and money for their state. No way Manchin or Sinema do this. Sinema would be finished and Manchin is probably the most powerful person in washington as a Dem
The House? Probably.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
The one-two punch of the runoffs and insurrection are going to set back Republicans for longer than they think, which is needed considering how much they set the country back.

Jan 6th looks even more insane and brazen in hindsight. And to think, kid stuff like the Weather Underground usually gets a paragraph in school history.