• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Well in the States we have chicken pox parties so the underlying idea sort of makes sense. The problem here is that we do it knowing kids won't die from chicken pox but would be at risk if they got it much later in life.

Since covid 19 is brand new this is just an engaging in an orgy of death.

Khar

Oct 27, 2017
"Many more families are going to lose loved ones before their time."

That's our response from our opportunist in chief. Just shrug and move on, let the peasants die ho hum.

CopyOfACopy

Oct 27, 2017
infect everyone

hand out 10kg bags of rice

quarantine for a month

and if you don't show back for work

we will send someone to get you

OP
OP

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
"There is no such thing as society." -- Ghazghull Mag Uruk Thraka, ruler of the Lon Don wastes, 2021.

I'm sure it won't be that bad but Jesus Christ is boris doing his best to fuck it. He's going the ryanair route with his reputation, too, where it's successful despite being an inhuman piece of shit because people expect him to be one and just laugh it off as oh, that bojo, what a legend. "Your friends and family may die" and people just shrug because at least he's telling it like it is.

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you England for your valuable contribution to this ongoing global study.
No one else was willing to take this approach and now thanks to you scientists will have an important new data point.

OP
OP

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Also thanks to the mod who edited the title. It's perfect. I didn't feel I could pull it off if I'd put that bit in myself, but as an official mod addition is perfectly captures the way I feel about *gestures broadly at literally everything*

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Allowing the virus to burn out has one major problem: People are the fuel.

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
Its ok, the chief scientific adviser says the majority need to get the virus for a "herd immunity"

I have every faith that the British government is doing the best they can for us, even if it means we have to sacrifice the most vulnerable of our society.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Its ok, the chief scientific adviser says the majority need to get the virus for a "herd immunity"

I have every faith that the British government is doing the best they can for us, even if it means we have to sacrifice the most vulnerable of our society.
I mean, you'll get herd immunity.

...But you'd also eventually get herd immunity with a more gradual spread of the virus. And it's a lot easier to protect and treat the people most vulnerable to the virus when everyone isn't infected at once.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
"There is no such thing as society." -- Ghazghull Mag Uruk Thraka, ruler of the Lon Don wastes, 2021.

I'm sure it won't be that bad but Jesus Christ is boris doing his best to fuck it. He's going the ryanair route with his reputation, too, where it's successful despite being an inhuman piece of shit because people expect him to be one and just laugh it off as oh, that bojo, what a legend. "Your friends and family may die" and people just shrug because at least he's telling it like it is.

Exactly people love him, they will love him even more for this. He's like Churchill to them, the old stiff upper lip bullshit, hes shitting on their heads and literally saying on TV "let them die", but that's Boris they love that from him.

DSN2K

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I feel we are almost experiment for the world to see if this works better, if it pays off fantastic, otherwise we are gonna have alot of dead and alot of angry people.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hide the old, hide the very young, hide the immunocomprised. Everyone else is invited to the biggest party in the world.

220px-Project_X_poster.png

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's... not...how...it...works.... and immunity is not guaranteed once you have gotten sick.

Their health services will collapse under the weight. This will be a disaster.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a solid idea if the government is able to provide the roughly 4 million ICU beds that are needed for that.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I've tried my best to understand the chief scientific officer's reasoning that delaying more stringent measures will delay peak but I just can't fathom what the fuck he is on about.

Boris has been behind on this from the very start. He didn't cut his holiday short to deal with it. The cobra council was convened a couple of weeks after the seriousness of the spread of the disease was common knowledge and is now having to throw around statement like there could be 10,000 people who have the virus in the UK, in the faint hope it shakes people in this country how serious this virus is. The messaging has been poor and even after yesterday there is still little guidance for sectors such as schools as to what to do, especially for kids with exams coming up.

As a side note there is no way in hell the Brexit deal will be finalised by the end of the year now, so God knows what's going to happen there. Hopefully it doesn't mean we're closer to no deal.

I'm so embarrassed of this country

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I'm being overly negative, Cummings likes to break things and the Tories want to have the excuse of making hard choices as they reform the NHS when people cry foul it doesn't work. Good a time as any with this and people will be angry but cheer any changes on. Starve the beast and then some.

I think the Tories basically don't want to help, money is needed for themselves, Brexit will break all their promises anyway so you are sucker to believe anything they say. The MO is still smash and grab.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Why did I even click on this thread

Fucking hell we're all fucking doomed

FUCK

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
My upper lip is positively ERECT. Why are all your upper lips so FLACID !

Sounds like you people are severely lacking in B L I T Z S P I R I T ! Some of you don't even appear to have any D U N K I R K S P I R I T !

Just remember - wash your hands to the tune of Rule Britannia and everything will be fine

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Boris is more like the average gamer they watch a speed run try it themselves and fail in first 10 mins because you couldn't get a glitch to work but rolls with it

Plum

May 31, 2018
It probably won't be as bad as you'd expect. I'm not saying we won't get our hair mussed.

Really? Because what I get from this thread, everywhere else, and just reality is that:

The NHS won't be able to cope with this and will be completely overrun.
As hundreds of thousands die the country will go even further into hysteria
My own family might die a painful, horrible death
Nobody knows whether we get immunity and the virus may even mutate

We are fucked

Fucking fucked

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
amazing, looks like UK and SK are opposite ends of controlling the pandemic

who will win?

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017
This isn't "Boris' Plan". It's been worked on for the last decade, he just happens to be in charge when it's implemented. I hate Boris and Cummings as much as anyone, but I don't like this disingenuous rush to go "Boooooo evil Boris, he's too lazy/greedy/rich to do anything about this", when that's not the situation at all. Yes, people are going to die and that sucks, but that was going happen no matter what. I honestly think that come the autumn, when all the countries that rushed into lockdown are getting hit with a second wave coming out the virus infested pit that the US is going to become, we'll feel pretty good about the approach we took.

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Okay, I'm not a biologist so correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't allowing a wide base of infected patients also run the risk of helping to create more diverse virus mutations, which could then undermine this herd immunity?

When there's no vaccine available and given the virus's potential to kill patients with respiratory conditions, I'm sceptical of this approach.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just to aid discussion, the UK strategy, criticism and defence of it explained here:

www.google.co.uk

Coronavirus: science chief defends UK plan from criticism

Patrick Vallance says aim is to broaden peak of epidemic as Jeremy Hunt raises concerns

Soccer Matches banned. Rugby matches continuing.

zezD2Ib.gif

I see the government has accurately identified Coronavirus as a dirty working class business rather than a pink cheeked nice middle class family virus.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't "Boris' Plan". It's been worked on for the last decade, he just happens to be in charge when it's implemented. I hate Boris and Cummings as much as anyone, but I don't like this disingenuous rush to go "Boooooo evil Boris, he's too lazy/greedy/rich to do anything about this", when that's not the situation at all. Yes, people are going to die and that sucks, but that was going happen no matter what. I honestly think that come the autumn, when all the countries that rushed into lockdown are getting hit with a second wave coming out the virus infested pit that the US is going to become, we'll feel pretty good about the approach we took.
The plan is literally to turn the UK into a virus infested pit.