• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Among other adults while you're a minor.

"I'm a teacher, and you're my student..."

"That's the best part."

It cracks me up every time that they went there. And so did I of course. Kawakami is awesome. But I'm a grown man so it doesn't feel as wrong. It's only when I remember I'm playing as a 16 year old so it get fucked up. Atlus please let us play as college students already. At least that way it's only wrong on one level and not on multiple.

Richardbro

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User banned (3 days): inappropriate comment given the context of the title
Game of the generation for sure.

SimonSimon

Alt Account
Mar 26, 2020
Yeah, it's so deeply fucked up. It feels like hentai with the sex removed. I really don't know what it's doing in a mainstream video game.

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inappropriate commentary surrounding minor / adult relationship
That's the BEST part.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Got to create that male fantasy no matter how fucked up it is
In my country which is in asia thats actually more common. When i was in college, there was a friend of mine dating a teacher. Other teachers also supported them and teased them when they were together, they got married after my friend graduated

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Game of the generation for sure.

Statutory rape is definitely more novel than playing cowboy or another Nintendo game, I'll give it that.

I know the age of consent in Japan is lower than many Western countries, still weird as hell to think it's fun/ funny/ whatever.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan will do anything that gives men the ultimate power sex fantasy in their games.

I just look at it as being sex positive and just want the same equal treatment for females and gay characters in the same medium.

But for the most part, I could live without any of it. Look at my avatar for that explanation.

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
I usually max out kawakami as early as I can but like I fast forward through all the scenes because it's so problematic. I used to be a teacher. It really grosses me out to see how much they showed how fucked-up it is for a teacher to abuse his power with kamoshida but then make this inappropriate relationship between a student and his female homeroom teachers not seem so bad.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Atlus please let us play as college students already. At least that way it's only wrong on one level and not on multiple.

Seriously. It's so gross that they made your teacher a prostitute that you can start a relationship with. It honestly worries me about the kinds of people that work at Atlus if they think this kind of content is both acceptable and worth encouraging.

CQC

Oct 25, 2017
I was into my 26 y/o english teacher at 16, this social link reminded me of that.

Atlus, P3 - P5 was great and all. Just give us adults again lol

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
it happens in a mainstream American tv show, why wouldnt it happen in a video game?

In what TV show has it happened and been celebrated? It's always shown as predatory move and depedicted negatively, at least on American tv. In P5 it's a positive sex fantasy with the bonus of her 'massaging' you back up to strength at night. In no way are those two things the same

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Dating another boy in the game the same age as you? No way, deviant! Get your teacher sent to prison like a cool guy 😎
This is the dumbest shit in this game.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thankful there's adult options cause I'm an adult. I don't wanna have to be forced between girl who is like a younger sister or other idiot teenagers.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, isn't Persona a game about kids? Did they change to have adults in it?

I hoped they moved up, something like Catherine (haven't played it, but this one isn't based in high school).

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nothing better than coming home from a dungeon and getting a massage by my teacher in a maid outfit.

ZoomyRamen

May 15, 2020
I suppose they'd say it's all implied only and technically it's you filling in the blanks with sexy time.

Its a bit messed up but at least I get to bang the hot doctor too, no regrets there.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
If you're talking about Riverdale, that was not played as funny, but as disturbing.

its still fucked tho, I legit was flabergasted when I watched it >_>

In what TV show has it happened and been celebrated? It's always shown as predatory move and depedicted negatively, at least on American tv. In P5 it's a positive sex fantasy with the bonus of her 'massaging' you back up to strength at night. In no way are those two things the same

Riverdale. I didnt say it was celebrated tho, I just said it happened in a mainstream show. And in Riverdale they actually do show the sex, complete with cliche steam inside of car.

For the record, I'm obviously not defending either case lol.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Statutory rape is definitely more novel than playing cowboy or another Nintendo game, I'll give it that.

I know the age of consent in Japan is lower than many Western countries, still weird as hell to think it's fun/ funny/ whatever.
Japan's age of consent is actually 18 for most of the country so yeeeeaaaaahhhhh

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, isn't Persona a game about kids? Did they change to have adults in it?

I hoped they moved up, something like Catherine (haven't played it, but this one isn't based in high school).

No, it's still high school kids. Your teacher moonlights as a prostitute who goes to men's houses dressed as a maid and you can hire her to come sit with you at night and eventually start a relationship.

OP
OP
Astral

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
In my country which is in asia thats actually more common. When i was in college, there was a friend of mine dating a teacher. Other teachers also supported them and teased them when they were together, they got married after my friend graduated
You were in college though lol. I remember in high school there was a relationship between a student and our calculus teacher. EVERYONE knew even staff. But no one said anything for some reason. She was a senior and he was kinda young so maybe that's why? They eventually got married.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 shitting on its own themes in the name of anime power fantasy is par for the course.

She's also grievously mentally ill and your surrogate sister.

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah that choice is also *yikes*.