• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Era,

You consume my phone space-time continuum. If I have my phone out, I'm probably on Era. My spouse teases me, "if you spent more time listening and less time on Era..."

I have tried to give you up. It would simplify my life if I gave up this forum. But I can't. There's so much content everyday to interact with, and it's so much more meaningful than a format like Reddit.

and it's exciting. As predictable as Era posters are, it is so fun to watch threads unfold, ripe with humor and serious debate.

how significant is Era in your life??
has anyone successfully quit Era for a while and returned?

like it literally takes up 95% of my screen time on my phone.

Oct 27, 2017
This is definitely the main site I visit and at times it feels like a problem. I find that during shows/reading/movies I feel the need to stop every 10 minutes to check here, and I kind of hate that my focus is completely fucked.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
OP you may want to look at productivity timers like Tomato or Pomodoro, they can help with this. I've had the same issues and except for major events, there's really not a reason to be on ERA as much as I've been since I joined.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking on the train into work this morning I should set up my screen time on my phone to block safari or at least this page at 10pm every night so I go to bed without feverishly refreshing active threads just in case. It'll still be there in the morning

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
GyFirAG1EN1Jivqg7GnNVEVniE2o1T-dwibHJuQzTDk.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I will say I love my first visit to this place in the morning, after a whole 7 to 8 hours have passed. It's like a fresh start, and lately on the gaming side there's been a ton of news.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I will say I love my first visit to this place in the morning, after a whole 7 to 8 hours have passed. It's like a fresh start, and lately on the gaming side there's been a ton of news.
only gonna get even more busy on gaming side with the new gen starting up

great time to read news, great time to see the emotional breakdowns

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I've started to really dabble with weekend Resetera, they are very strange and angry people, I thought they would be more chilled out than they are.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I mostly use this place to avoid 95% of the most basic human interactions that occur in my life. And at least I cant run into people that hate me for my past too often on here.

Oct 27, 2017
My time spent browsing the forum directly correlates to the busyness of the news cycle. What with the PS5 reveal being imminent I'm here pretty damn often.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
In 2004 I registered at Xtratime which is this football/soccer forum. I loved that place so much, made so many friends, even met someone in real life, but now It's almost dead and the few members left are mostly composed of Trump supporters. It is sad. I'm sorta hoping this place is the next forum I can call my own lol.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Reddit overtakes it for me because I feel this board is often too toxic and combative for absolutely no reason. There's many subreddits that have a positive, uplifting and helpful vibe that we are sorely lacking on Era.

Still spend way too much time on here though, even if just to keep up with (gaming) news.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
I spend more time now than I usually do because I have 2 projects I'm procrastinating on

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't even know how you people do that... I mean nothing here updates that fast????

If you check once in the morning, once in the afternoon and once in the evening... you've seen most of it.

Maybe gaming side goes faster?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know how you people do that... I mean nothing here updates that fast????

If you check once in the morning, once in the afternoon and once in the evening... you've seen most of it.

But what if...hold on a sec

F5

...what if someone posts something and...

F5

...I don't see it for a few minutes?

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I currently have multiple peices of various media I plan to watch/play, but instead I'm wasting all my time on era.
I feel like my energy for these things just got sapped when I left my Job a fortnight ago.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

It's not like peak GAF era, just the arguments about gun control could keep you going all day, Gaborn was virtually a site on his own with all the news he posted.

Oct 27, 2017
Log off and do something more productive. Seriously

Be strict with yourself. Do a little reading when you want to chill and be informed. Click on a couple of threads, set a time limit then close them tabs.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I spend more time than I would like reading this site. Usually I'm able to focus on other things when I get started, but if I have an hour or two to kill I use too much of it here.

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think that's one of my resolutions for 2020. To spend less time on here (and other gap/spare moment filler sites as well). But here I am again.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm on quite often. It's gotten so bad that if I check era and there's no new content, I kinda forget what else I can do for entertainment on the internet. Like what other websites are there even?

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
I cut myself off looking at internet (mostly this site) during work hours and my productivity went up a little bit more than I thought it would, oof, more of a problem than I thought it was!

In 2004 I registered at Xtratime which is this football/soccer forum. I loved that place so much, made so many friends, even met someone in real life, but now It's almost dead and the few members left are mostly composed of Trump supporters. It is sad. I'm sorta hoping this place is the next forum I can call my own lol.

Only if you like french-basque left backs.

learning

Jan 4, 2019
I recommend finding a productive hobby that is not this

I read a lot here too but most of the content is not quality and won't improve the self you dig

Practice woodworking or something

Signed your future self