• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 25, 2020
The craziest thing about this whole thing is, by the time of the Manassas shooting, the police were so confused and misled beyond the ballistics evidence that if Muhammad and Malvo had chosen to just end it there and slip into the shadows, they probably would have gotten away with it all.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
The craziest thing about this whole thing is, by the time of the Manassas shooting, the police were so confused and misled beyond the ballistics evidence that if Muhammad and Malvo had chosen to just end it there and slip into the shadows, they probably would have gotten away with it all.

Wouldn't they have still linked the prints from the Baton Rouge shooting (on the gun manual) to Malvo at some point though?

OP
OP
skrskg

skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Just finished watching the last episode. This is such a well produced and powerful documentary with an insane amount of detail and insight into the case, the power dynamic between Malvo and Mohammad, the victims and all the people involved.

It was a rollercoaster of emotions.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Did they ever find out who actually did the shootings? I realise Malvo admitted to all of them, to try and spare Mohammad from the death penalty, but he seemed to still imply that in this documentary, despite it no longer being necessary.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I will have to check this out. I was in 6th grade when this happened. I remember it being all over the news, even though I lived in Illinois.

Oct 27, 2017
So... this was a scary time as I lived in Virginia when this was going on. It also hit a little too close to home...on my way to work at mythic entertainment, I stopped to get gas. Later that day, it turns out the sniper killed someone at the same gas station and at the same pump location where I was... :(

Damn, that must have been scary :(

Off topic, I loved DAoC and Warhammer Online!

Thanks for those games, seriously, years of enjoyment.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Living in the middle of BFE nowhere Missouri and I was still terrified to go outside around this time...really thought we might start seeing copycats all over the country.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the rec. As someone currently living in a DC suburb, this will be interesting to me.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Still nothing on this that I can see! Anyone else?

Says it was released last summer, but there's really not an easy way to watch it. I'd love to see it, but I'm not signing up for an additional streaming service just for this. Says Hulu has it, but you have to pay for their Live TV subscription. No thanks.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
There is also a new adaptation in the works based on the podcast "Call me God"

deadline.com

DC Sniper Audio Series ‘Call Me God’ TV Adaptation In The Works At Paramount+ As XG Productions Strikes First-Look Deal With CBS Studios

EXCLUSIVE: XG Productions, the company behind Fox’s reboot of America’s Most Wanted, has struck a first-look deal with CBS Studios and has set its first project – a TV adaptation of its Audible original series Call Me God in the works at Paramount+. The company, which was set up by former FBI...

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
I was in high school in Maryland when this was going on, and I remember our school not letting any students stay outside. Every morning they would funnel everyone inside before the school officially opened. Unfortunately, they funneled everyone into the cafeteria which had huge windows and was right next to the street. Either way, it was a pretty frightening time.

I was in Richmond, VA and the dude made a call miles away from my school. It was insanity.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Is ViceTV part of another streaming service? HBO Max? I'd love to watch this, but I'm not even sure how to access it.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
THe Newseum in DC used to have a great exhibition on this, including the car with the actual cutout in the back of it to slip the rifle... fucked up shit.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is ViceTV part of another streaming service? HBO Max? I'd love to watch this, but I'm not even sure how to access it.
Nope. They have their own app, but you'll need a cable or equivalent (Hulu with live tv, etc.) login to access it. They do put a ton of stuff up on their YouTube eventually, though.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 1

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
I lived in DC when this was happening, the streets were insanely empty.
I lived in Arlington at the time. It was nuts. Gas stations were putting up big tarps to block the view of people pumping gas from the road. People were literally sprinting from their cars into stores and back. I was still getting my mail in sealed bags because of the Anthrax attacks. 9/11 was barely a year prior and my daily commute was a reminder because the Pentagon bus depot was still closed and redirected to Pentagon City. It was probably the most anxiety-ridden period of my life.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you :) we loved our audience!
It was WAR for me, but also got me through a decent chunk of college and it is still to this day my favorite MMO, and has made it such that I have not been able to enjoy any MMOs since.

On topic:
Episode 1

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Nice! Can't wait to watch this.