• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Khaos Prime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My family and I went out to eat yesterday with my Mom for Mother's Day, and for the first time ever I ordered a steak cooked medium-rare. I would aways get them cooked well done, but recently decided to try something new. And boy, I'm glad I did. So tender, so moist, so delicious. Folks, if you're eating steak, medium-rare is the way to go.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
It depends on the cut and amount of marbling, but yes, medium rare is almost always pretty close to perfection.

I'm glad you have seen the light!

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Well done? Did you eat them with ketchup as well?

How did this start? Did your family do this and you didn't know better?

Oct 27, 2017
source.gif

Glad you've finally seen the light, OP.

Oct 30, 2017
The rarer the steak the better IMO. And a steak cooked properly doesn't need anything like steak sauce. Even a bad steak is made worse by sauce

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
glad you caught up bro. sad thoughts that you missed out for so long and ruined good steaks like that

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's great that you were experimenting and found a new way of cooking you enjoy, but don't stop experimenting!
Despite what some people say, it is not a universal truth that all the people in the world would like all of the cuts of meat possible cooked medium rare. I can tell you that it's not true for me.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoy your food for you. Not for others.

I actually like the taste of the maillard reaction almost more than the beef, so I'm a medium-well fan

Deleted member 25712

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Enjoy your food for you. Not for others.

I actually like the taste of the maillard reaction almost more than the beef, so I'm a medium-well fan

The two are not mutually exclusive and go very well together. You can have an all-the-way cooked through rare, warm steak with a nice crisp sear on the outside. Sous vide cooking steak is the answer to world peace IMO.

Oct 27, 2017
Medium is called medium for a reason. Not too much, not too little, just right.

Though that said I usually order medium well because most places tend to undercook shit (or have a ridiculous definition of medium) and I'll end up with a slab of raw gore.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Imagine medium rare folks looking at the folks that like a well done steak. That's kinda how us raw folks look at all you mediums.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
And I'm sitting here enjoying my practically charred steak with A1 poured liberally on the whole thing. The thought of tasting blood in my meat doesn't sit well with me, I guess.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
That's way too bloody for me you have to make sure it's cooked all the way through and then put ketchup on it

(I had a hanger steak at Blue Ribbon at the Cosmopolitan recently that blew my dang socks off, I usually do medium/medium rare)

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a medium well-done kinda guy. That's how I like it. My wife is a medium rare person.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
medium?
Needs more blood
And I'm sitting here enjoying my practically charred steak with A1 poured liberally on the whole thing. The thought of tasting blood in my meat doesn't sit well with me, I guess.
That's way too bloody for me you have to make sure it's cooked all the way through and then put ketchup on it

(I had a hanger steak at Blue Ribbon at the Cosmopolitan recently that blew my dang socks off, I usually do medium/medium rare)
Just an FYI, that red liquid in the meat is myoglobin, not blood.

blodtann

Jun 7, 2018
I went to the store and bought some awesome rib-eye steaks. 90% of the people I cooked for wanted it well done. Then wanted it drowned in A1. Never wasting money like that again.

I prefer medium to medium-rare depending on the place I eat. If it's a low traffic with who knows what for kitchen standards then I'll bump it up to medium or medium-well.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Take the next step and go rare. It only gets better.
The rarer the steak the better IMO. And a steak cooked properly doesn't need anything like steak sauce. Even a bad steak is made worse by sauce
depends on how good the cook is, i've cooked 'rare' and fucked up and got raw. but one time i got rare at a hibachi place and it was the best steak i've had.