• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Later today, an ambulance will be coming over to take my mom to an end of life palliative care home, for her bowel, lung, kidney and bone cancers. This will be my Christmas. A few words of encouragement would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry to hear that OP. My mother passed away in front of me (cancer) on 12/21, 3 years ago. Try to remember all the good times you had with her, and try to spend time with loved ones (which might be tough during this pandemic, but hey we all have smartphones now). Everyone grieves in a different way, but talking with other people does help out. Let me know if you need anything!

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry to hear that OP. My mother passed away in front of me (cancer) on 12/21, 3 years ago. Try to remember all the good times you had with her, and try to spend time with loved ones (which might be tough during this pandemic, but hey we all have smartphones now). Everyone grieves in a different way, but talking with other people does help out. Let me know if you need anything!
My sincere condolences.

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
I'm so sorry. Try to find joy in little things when it gets overwhelming. Even just going for a short walk if you can. Nothing will be the same again but you will get through it. Rember that it won't always hurt so much, and there is still a future waiting for you.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what to say in this situation, but I'm so sorry. If you need to talk feel free to PM me anytime.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I won't pretend to comprehend the depth of your pain right now, OP. Just know that you and your mom are in my thoughts.

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
OP, I can't imagine your pain and what you're going thru - but for what it's worth - I'll keep you and your mother in my prayers if that's okay with you.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
I'm so sorry you have to go through this OP. I wish you all the best. Hope you can maybe find some small relief in the coming few days. Take care of yourself as well as your mom.

Mar 3, 2018
Hey friend, I can't even begin to imagine what you're going throw, but would give you a hug right now if I could. We're here for you. Feel free to reach out if you ever wanna talk/vent. I don't have power to do much, but I will listen sincerely. Wish you the best during these times.

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans
I'm so sorry, OP. That's awful. I can't do much from over here on the Internet, but you'll be on my heart and have my condolences. Sending you a hug, if you'll take it 🫂

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
Having lost a parent, and having been the primary care giver for my ex-wife's mother she she was in her final days with pancreatic cancer during Christmas, I truly feel for you. I can't tell you that it is hard after word. But each day gets you a little closer to ok.
What I did that helped Was to try to focus on the good memories I had while making a decision to visit her grave for all holidays and birthday. It is hard, but it helps. Find your own way to honor her memory and life and use that when you are feeling upset. My mother was a fantastic baker—I took up baking. My mom used to always paint scenes from the Charlie Brown Christmas on our windows—I draw those scenes on my whiteboard

the loss of a loved one can make you feel so absolutely alone. But you are not. This thread is living proof.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Later today, an ambulance will be coming over to take my mom to an end of life palliative care home, for her bowel, lung, kidney and bone cancers. This will be my Christmas. A few words of encouragement would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Thinking about you today, Dullahan.

I'm very sorry for your mother's pain and for your own. It's gonna be tough for a time and hard to endure, but I promise it'll get easier.

Be good to yourself, do everything in the time you need and don't be afraid to reach out for help.

If you ever want to chat, if even to just share happy stories of your mother, you can always DM me.

Love you, friend.

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for even more kind words people. It means the world to me right now.

RedDevil82

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sorry, OP. I can not imagine what you are going through. My thoughts are with you and your mother.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, friend. I've been there with my dad. All I can say is, when the time comes, don't beat yourself up for feeling a tinge of relief. Things like this are hard on everyone involved, not just the person suffering. Take care of those around you as well as pull from them when you need to. 0 shame there.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Really sorry to hear that. Try to remember all the good times you've had together and make sure that you take time to look after yourself as well. I hope you've got good family and friends to lean on/help through at the moment - if not feel free to ask for help.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very sorry. I hope that once the suffering stops that you and your family find peace. You'll be in my thoughts.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
I don't know what to say. I can't begin to imagine what it must feel like to be in your position. I'm very sorry to hear about all this, but I hope you can somehow find it possible to look at this as a mere part of an otherwise beautiful life that you and your mother shared. Please take care of yourself.

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well it happened at 8AM. Just like that she's gone and now my house is dead silent again. I feel crushed. Her little hospital bed they had installed is still there. I hope they come pick it up quick, so I can rearrange my living room back to what it was before.

DarkLegion

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry OP, I cannot comprehend how hard this is. You are strong for dealing with this. My condolences to you and your family.