• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I swear white people want to be oppressed, they'll find any excuse to make it feel like they are.

My MiL is very upset about "Karen". She's never been called a Karen, but she wants me to know how concerned she is that this title exists. I told her she had the wrong hair cut, but she didn't get it. They love feeling oppressed.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
52b7813572cf8cfbca31fbc5e9be4a88.gif

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
We knew, right? I remember her posting some stupid shit when the pandemic was just starting. Almost 2 years later and she's on the same shit, huh?

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
I know Trump likes getting credit for this but I can assure you this kind of weird anti-science/vaccine hesitancy thing didn't start with him or with Covid 19. It's been bubbling for decades. It just never really put peoples lives in danger to the extend it does now so people kind of ignored it.
Yep, as long as I remember Protestants have always talk about the mark of the beast being given as a vaccine. And during the mids 00s- early10s it was the people claiming vaccine caused Autism. Jim Carrey and his now ex wife were some of those people. I don't know if he still believes in that tho.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My MiL is very upset about "Karen". She's never been called a Karen, but she wants me to know how concerned she is that this title exists. I told her she had the wrong hair cut, but she didn't get it. They love feeling oppressed.
It is kind of a dick move to use real people's names in that way. I hope it doesn't happen to mine at some point.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
www.nbcnews.com

Marvel actor Evangeline Lilly shares that she attended anti-vaccine mandate rally

The anti-vaccination mandate rally held Sunday made headlines because of Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s comments comparing the policies to the Holocaust.
Actor Evangeline Lilly revealed she attended the Defeat the Mandates rally in Washington D.C., the same event where Robert F. Kennedy Jr. came under fire for his comments comparing U.S. vaccination policies to the Holocaust.

This event:

Oh, I forgot about this:

"We all make choices."

variety.com

Evangeline Lilly Apologizes for ‘Arrogant,’ ‘Insensitive’ Coronavirus Comments

Evangeline Lilly has apologized for recently making dismissive statements regarding the coronavirus pandemic.
I'm sensing a trend.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
Yep, my brothers wife homeschools their kids literally just so they dont have to get vaccinated with anything. And it was long before Covid.

I think a lot of damage comes from "mom groups" on Facebook. Every mom I've known that's super active in those is fucking nuts

You got that right. That's been my experience as well with those stupid "community" or "mom" groups.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
This is a milkshake duck I didn't want to know about honestly.

Damn, both her and Letitia played super smart scientists and let it go right to their heads

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't get it……if I was a part of the whole marvel thing, basically a golden ticket for the rest of your life, I don't care what I think about stuff like this I'd just play along with whatever kept that going.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Flying to a anti vax DC rally? That's beyond just being an idiot....

Fuck

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Haven't any of you been paying attention? Marvel does NOT recast roles for this sort of thing. It isn't going to happen.

Glad to know I was right about being part of #TeamJuliet, though.

(Please God, don't let Elizabeth Mitchell end up being a piece of trash.)

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
'My body my choice' really doesn't stand up to scrutiny when you're talking about prevention of contagious disease. What you're actually saying is that you don't care more about your selfish irrationality than other people's health.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I mean at least Letitia Wright didn't fly to a gathering of idiots to show how much of an idiot she is in person. Hope Marvel takes actions, but I wouldn't be shocked if they don't

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Incredibly disappointed to find this out.

I need to just start assuming any celebrity I marginally like is a trashfire by default.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I remember her saying she doesn't care much about Wasp now that more strong female characters are on film. Just kill Wasp, easy.

Dank Lotion

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't get it……if I was a part of the whole marvel thing, basically a golden ticket for the rest of your life, I don't care what I think about stuff like this I'd just play along with whatever kept that going.

This is basically what Chris Pratt is doing. I guarantee you that church-loon has worst views than this, but he's smart enough to keep most of it to himself.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

Yeah, like, you've got a golden ticket. You don't even need to be on social media, and it's pretty clear it's not going to be a good look when the Mouse finds out due to other stuff in the news.