• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's not my thing but I'm not bothered by the idea because there is a practicality to it.

Sleep should condone comfort and socks are a pretty straight forward and inoffensive way to achieve that for people with cold feet.

Geeko

Oct 27, 2017
San Jose, CA
My wife sleeps in socks, I don't. Doesn't bother me in any way, her feet get cold. Such a weird thing for people to have any feelings about one way or the other.

edit: if anyone cares she wears clean, fluffy socks in bed.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I shower right before bed and usually put socks on. I only leave them off when its extremely hot out or I have the entire load of socks in the dryer or something.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
wearing socks makes you comfy and increases chances of orgasm for women, so do what you want peeps. I sleep as naked as possible and with the least amount of sheets to be adequately snug with my corgo.

Summit

Banned
Mar 1, 2021
This. If your feet are cold, putting on socks is a great way to warm them up.

If the person you're sleeping with is wearing socks, or isn't, why does that matter?
Not for me, for some reason. I could put on the warmest, thickest socks and for whatever reason my feet will still feel cold. Shit is the worst—socks just make my feet clammy.

Oct 30, 2017
My wife sleeps in socks, I don't. Doesn't bother me in any way, her feet get cold. Such a weird thing for people to have any feelings about one way or the other.

i mean, if this forum is anything to go by, america collectively thinks it's okay to wear shoes in the house. so you can understand why others might assume the worst

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
my partner runs hot and I run cold so I sleep with socks on when I'm cold...is this actually a weird thing to do? I usually end up kicking em off sometime during the night if it gets too hot.
Are these sleep socks or regular socks you were already wearing? One's understandable, the other is massively disgusting.
What the hell are sleep socks

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Why the hell do so many people have strong opinions on this, lol.

I live in an area that regularly experiences single digit temperatures in the winter. I wear socks to bed all the time so my feet aren't freezing. I had no idea people find this gross. I'm a little confused, I don't even get what could be gross about it.

This thread is like learning there's apparently a sizable group of people who are physically repulsed by people who use spoons instead of forks to eat eggs. Why on earth would anyone care?

FUCK SOCKS, I'm so anti sock. I freak the fuck out when I realise I'm wearing socks. My feet are too constricted I can feel it now. I've created a term for it.

claustroTOEbic

I hate socks, socks in bed is for serial killers.

Are you cursed by phantom socks that periodically appear on your feet? How in the fuck do you "realize" you're wearing socks, lol.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Aren't cold feet the leading cause of nightmares? I know I can't sleep comfortably without socks on.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been told this my whole adult life, but I still do it, every night.

A nigga's feet be cold lol

RichardHawk

Feb 7, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Sleeping with socks gives you better quality sleep. I've slept with socks on since I was a teenager and get 8+ hours a night. Ya'll are missing out.

www.sleepfoundation.org

Sleeping With Socks On: Can Warm Feet Help You Fall Asleep?

Sleeping with socks on is more than just a personal preference — learn about this effective way to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.

Wearing socks can help a process called distal vasodilation which refers to an increase of blood to your hands and feet that reduces your core body temperature quicker.

Increasing blood flow by warming the feet, either through wearing socks to bed or other means, can help you fall asleep quicker In one research study, participants who used socks or other foot-warming methods not only fell asleep quicker but they reported staying asleep longer and experiencing an overall better quality of sleep.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Wife sleeps in socks when it's cold out.

I sleep in socks about once a week after I put lotion on my feet to keep them from cracking.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
I've got a couple pairs of extra thick wool socks that have never seen a shoe, aren't worn around the house, and that I will absolutely wear to bed during the colder months. My partner doesn't wear socks to bed but thanks me because they know my icicle feet would wake them up bc they are a poor sleeper.

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017
I sleep in socks and I refuse to apologize or feel ashamed for it. If you don't like it, go fuck yourself. My feet, my choice.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had em on in the winter when I was a kid. I don't now. I don't know how this became some kind of holy war at all, people wear different things when they sleep, who gives a shit.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
I mean, as long as they are clean and not the socks you wear during the day, I don't see any problem.🤷‍♂️ It is a matter of personal comfort. In winter in particular, wearing socks can greatly improve the quality of sleep.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
Ironically enough whenever I am sleeping with a woman I get pedicures so my feet look and feel good next to her when we are in bed together.

Wearing Sox to sleep is just

rasu

Dec 22, 2017
only time i rock the socks to sleep is when i'm camping. outside of that? nah. and with someone? bigger nah

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
The same socks you been wearing around the home all day? Or out and about soaking your feet sweat all day in? Yea. Nasty.

Now if it's super cold and you put the shower and toss a fresh pair on and hop into bed I won't mad at you.

Anything else is nasty.

The4thJeazy

May 14, 2020
My friend and occasional lover likes socks on. Specifically black socks for some reason but I still don't know what that's about

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bet they ashy too, look like you been kicking rocks with your shoes off

Lol I'm not sure what one has to do with the other.

I wash and lotion my shit, and then throw socks on. Never got folk's issue with this.

The same socks you been wearing around the home all day? Or out and about soaking your feet sweat all day in? Yea. Nasty.

Now if it's super cold and you put the shower and toss a fresh pair on and hop into bed I won't mad at you.

Anything else is nasty.

This assumption doesn't even make any sense.

If someone is going to bed in the same socks they walked around in all day, they probably didn't shower, meaning their bare feet are just as nasty as the socks you're describing.

That's not just as nasty to you? Lmfao