• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Arkane confirmed that they aren't making another Dishonored so it's pretty much dead. Death of the Outsider definitely closed out the series but I don't think that was the original intent. I think Arkane was working on DLC for Dishonored 2 and when D2 sold below expectations, Bethesda told them that there wouldn't be a third game. The events that occur in DotO are way too significant to be relegated to DLC. They were likely intended for Dishonored 3 but crammed into DotO because Arkane didn't want to end the series with loose ends.

I don't remember them saying that the franchise is done,do you have a link to that?
As far as i know,during an interview they said that this is the end of Corvo,The Outsider and Emily's story arc but they want to make more games in the same universe.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Joseph tease felt like it was there either to set up a sequel or DLC (which we sadly never got)

And the villain from the first game is still alive
I think you're both correct. TEW 2 felt like the conclusion to Sebastion's story that started with the first but left hints for DLC or a sequel to have a different protagonist to resolve the rest.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
All the sudden i log back in and people are accusing me of being racist because i referred to "mid-western" as
There's a remarkable amount of racism involved with Japanese game fandom. A belief that Japanese games, and their developers, are unique among all the countries of the world, imbued with qualities that only people born of pure Japanese blood can provide. Every non-Japanese developer in any position of leadership is viewed with suspicion.

One thing I've always noticed is how Japanese developers rampantly imitating British and American games back in the 1980s and 1990s is glossed over, while so-called "western influence" in the years that followed is met with a sneer.

Okay, first off wtf. I said "mid-western" because i was trying to find a very milk-toast idea of an american setting.

I have zero, zilch, nadda, issues with japanese developers using any setting they like. I was simply pointing out that it felt exceedingly generic. At least the city in the first game was fractured, shifting, conceptually interesting.

MY point was, i found the setting bland. There was zero intent or malice. I wasn't packing some sort of racist "japanese devs must have a pure japanese whatever" message in there

further more, TEW2 is directed by "John Johanas" not Shinji Mikami. So i don't know why this became a discussion point.

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
The sequel is one of my favorite games this generation, so I too am really hoping to see more.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
If Mikami isn't involved, than meh. I'm starving for another Mikami game. Dude is is master class at level design, enemy placement and pacing.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really hoping we see more from this series. It's a bit uneven but I really love it. Fingers crossed.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I quite enjoyed both 1&2, but I think the reason there might not be a third is because I think for most people the game would fall into the wait for a 50% or more price drop category.

Not gonna lie, I waited for a $20 sale for part 2 based on the history of the first one.