• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You didn't like when he spoke poorly of the avengers but ok I'm the one that's trolling. Say what you want to say.
Er...but this is about Ubisoft. What in the world does my very specific disapproval of a part of his message about a single game have to do with an issue from several hours ago regarding a company for which I have no fondness? You need to take a step back and ask if you really want to go to the mat and try digging into post history over a message you never even saw. Just relax, be less Era.

Veezy

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (3 days, permanent threadban): antagonizing another member over a series of posts, thread derailing
I dislike Ubisoft and their games, but please continue to embarrass yourself with willfully uninformed, lazy trolling. Very cool.

I said I'd crawl in my hole, but it's cramped so I needed some air.

Don't hide behind your edit. Explain, in detail, exactly why Jim shouldn't keep banging the drum about this fucked up industry.

No quip. No bitching about his review about your toys. Explain why he shouldn't talk about using people who need to pay rent who are too scared to speak up. Why they shouldn't talk about using people with gambling addiction issues for profits. Why they shouldn't speak about how Activision-Blizzard avoids paying taxes while raking in billions.

I want your opinion. Come on. Don't be scared. I'm sure you have the courage to back your shit up.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Don't hide behind your edit. Explain, in detail, exactly why Jim shouldn't keep banging the drum about this fucked up industry.

No quip. No bitching about his review about your toys. Explain why he shouldn't talk about using people who need to pay rent who are too scared to speak up. Why they shouldn't talk about using people with gambling addiction issues for profits. Why they shouldn't speak about how Activision-Blizzard avoids paying taxes while raking in billions.

I want your opinion. Come on. Don't be scared. I'm sure you have the courage to back your shit up.
You're arguing with yourself. None of that was behind my edit. There's no real response to your points against the opinions I don't even hold. I appreciate that you're projecting other views in the thread onto my edit, but I'll politely ask you not to when they definitely don't speak for me.

You're aggressively off the mark and if I'd wanted to discuss this with you I'd have left my post as it was. If that's an issue and you feel entitled to that message you never saw, you're welcome to report me as I've already requested a temp ban anyway.

Again, please don't speak for me. You might not get moderated for it here, but it's very frustrating when it is inaccurate and non-representative of my actual values. Pick a different target.

Veezy

Oct 27, 2017
You're arguing with yourself. None of that was behind my edit. There's no real response to your points against the opinions I don't even hold. I appreciate that you're projecting other views in the thread onto my edit, but I'll politely ask you not to when they definitely don't speak for me.

You're aggressively off the mark and if I'd wanted to discuss this with you I'd have left my post as it was. If that's an issue and you feel entitled to that message you never saw, you're welcome to report me as I've already requested a temp ban anyway.

Again, please don't speak for me. You might not get moderated for it here, but it's very frustrating when it is inaccurate and non-representative of my actual values.
So, let's just be clear.

You have an edit. There's nothing behind it. Somebody made a smart response.

I asked for you to justify your shit. Your response is to say I'm speaking for you.

I'm asking, for you to clearly engage in the topic. All you've said is "I don't like Ubisoft or their games." Why though? Their sexual assault? Their hiding of it? The racism? The using of far Right conspiracy theories to sell a game? Are open world games too tiring? WHY DO YOU NOT LIKE THE THING?

I'm arguing with somebody who knows, for a fact, they said something stupid, edited their shit, and now has nothing, and is threatening moderation. For what? I'm not lying, I'm asking for you to explain your values. All I see is you bickering. Either respond to the topic at hand, in a way that shows you watched the video, or sod off. I'm fine either way.

Before you do, don't tell me to be "less Era about it." Check the post history, I don't have an active participation timeline. Maybe I will now, just to actually have another progressive on gaming side. I know there needs to be one.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You have to be kidding me. What the hell is your problem? "Don't be scared." You think anyone fears criticizing Jim Sterling? A discarded Monty Python sketch re-tooled into an embarrassing excuse for a game 'critic'? Or do you really think you deserve a goddamn thing, including justification for someone else's post that was already plenty self-explanatory? I legitimately am furious at you. I can't believe the site allows this kind of blatant provocation.

You're throwing yourself in the fire for a digital carnie who makes his living working up a sweat by beating the same stupid drum he's found out will make you froth at the goddamn mouth. Nice job; you were so desperate to prove how cool you are about hating the Big Bad Corporations that you've started devouring the low-effort verbal shitposts of a man getting rich off of stating the obvious.

Veezy

Oct 27, 2017
You have to be kidding me. What the hell is your problem? "Don't be scared." You think anyone fears criticizing Jim Sterling? A discarded Monty Python sketch re-tooled into an embarrassing excuse for a game 'critic'? Or do you really think you deserve a goddamn thing, including justification for someone else's post that was already plenty self-explanatory? I legitimately am furious at you. I can't believe the site allows this kind of blatant provocation.

You're throwing yourself in the fire for a digital carnie who makes his living working up a sweat by beating the same stupid drum he's found out will make you froth at the goddamn mouth. Nice job; you were so desperate to prove how cool you are about hating the Big Bad Corporations that you've started devouring the low-effort verbal shitposts of a man getting rich off of stating the obvious.
WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE TOPIC?

I'm not throwing myself in the fire for anybody. Jim doesn't need my defense. You came in here looking to shit on him, found me calling somebody out, and now I'm the bad guy.

Did he hurt your favorite company? What did he do, specifically, that irritates you? Don't call him a digital carine. I want the specific reason.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (permanent): user requested
WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE TOPIC?

I'm not throwing myself in the fire for anybody. Jim doesn't need my defense. You came in here looking to shit on him, found me calling somebody out, and now I'm the bad guy.

Did he hurt your favorite company? What did he do, specifically, that irritates you? Don't call him a digital carine. I want the specific reason.

YOU derailed by attacking other users. I'm reporting myself for a ban and getting off this fucking hellsite for good.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User warned (permanent threadban): continuing a derail
So, let's just be clear.

You have an edit. There's nothing behind it. Somebody made a smart response.

I asked for you to justify your shit. Your response is to say I'm speaking for you.

I'm asking, for you to clearly engage in the topic. All you've said is "I don't like Ubisoft or their games." Why though? Their sexual assault? Their hiding of it? The racism? The using of far Right conspiracy theories to sell a game? Are open world games too tiring? WHY DO YOU NOT LIKE THE THING?

I'm arguing with somebody who knows, for a fact, they said something stupid, edited their shit, and now has nothing, and is threatening moderation. For what? I'm not lying, I'm asking for you to explain your values. All I see is you bickering. Either respond to the topic at hand, in a way that shows you watched the video, or sod off. I'm fine either way.

Before you do, don't tell me to be "less Era about it." Check the post history, I don't have an active participation timeline. Maybe I will now, just to actually have another progressive on gaming side. I know there needs to be one.
I'm not checking your post history to win an internet fight I've made it clear we're not having. I disengaged from this thread 12 hours ago. I did so after editing a perfectly reasonable, brief post that made points completely unrelated to those which you randomly threw out in your unprovoked opening salvo. There is absolutely no reason you should have been able to find the misguided confidence to respond to that with that storm of completely random nonsense about arguments that other people I don't know presumably made here in the thread.

This kind of tracks with the sense I'm getting that you didn't read what I actually wrote last, but I didn't threaten you with moderation. I told you to report me if you take issue with the fact that you're not entitled to know what I edited away. And I told you I have requested a ban for myself. Absolutely nothing you have said about me has been accurate to this point and I can't understand why, especially in light of that, you think internet tough guy insults and accusations would lead someone to want to engage with you. I am politely asking you, though you've been anything but to me thus far, to leave me alone, once again.

I don't know whether it has worked for you in the past, but I've never found cajoling and off-base mockery to be great incentives to get into the weeds with someone.

Edit: I asked in a private message to an admin, but in case one of you sees this first, I'd like to take a few weeks off as well. That will be longer than the three days he got for harassing me, but I'd appreciate it still.

Last edited:

TLSLex

Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
Screen_Shot_2020-09-08_at_4.28.28_AM.jpg

This is telling, even Rayman thinks UbiSoft sucks.

In fairness I think if you're a Rayman fan (like me, sadly) you've known Ubisoft suck for a while given that they dropped the franchise like a hot potato after making two of the best platformers of the previous generation simply because they couldn't load it up with live service elements.

OT: Jim gets a lot of flak, but he doesn't deserve it. I find his videos pretty valuable in keeping up with the latest corporate bullshit from every gaming company tbh. The industry needs more voices like him to help challenge entrenched issues like crunch and corporate greed.

OP
OP
Jun 13, 2020
In fairness I think if you're a Rayman fan (like me, sadly) you've known Ubisoft suck for a while given that they dropped the franchise like a hot potato after making two of the best platformers of the previous generation simply because they couldn't load it up with live service elements.

OT: Jim gets a lot of flak, but he doesn't deserve it. I find his videos pretty valuable in keeping up with the latest corporate bullshit from every gaming company tbh. The industry needs more voices like him to help challenge entrenched issues like crunch and corporate greed.
The UbiArt Engine games were the only Ubisoft games in the last two generations that I had any interest in. What happened to those teams and the engine?

TLSLex

Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
The UbiArt Engine games were the only Ubisoft games in the last two generations that I had any interest in. What happened to those teams and the engine?

According to an interview from last year, they didn't roll it out to all their teams because it's "hard to use" but they're still using the engine. But nothing has been released using it since 2015 so who knows at this point.

www.dualshockers.com

Ubisoft CEO Explains Why UbiArt Framework Isn't Being Used As Much Anymore

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot recently explained why we haven't seen much of UbiArt Framework, the engine that powered Rayman Legends and Child of Light, recently.