• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine she was being kind meeting with the OP knowing he was transitioning and leaving town. She probably thought it was going to be a safe meet-up and an opportunity to wish him well. I think it was a selfless and thoughtful gesture she was making to help the OP get some closure and move on.

I hope the OP learns how valuable platonic relationships are, and how they need to be cherished and respected. Often times they last longer than romances, and can lead to loving friendships.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always wish we could hear the other person, in this case the young woman he made clearly unwanted advances to, and what their side of the story is.

It's my experience in life that people will try to make themselves sound better when telling a story. Things like, "I just left when she said go away", when in reality they said some snarky shit or made a big deal over leaving.

I'm not trying to say the OP is a liar, I think people do that sort of thing subconsciously to make themselves feel better about their actions.

But I would LOVE to hear her version of this story.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the point is that the OP knows he fucked up and freely admits that. Everyone here deciding to berate the OP for what he already knows is bad. The dude is obviously not in a good place mentally and everyone dog piling on him will probably make him feel worse.

This board is ALWAYS so contentious to people when they make a mistake. It's fucking exhausting.
Can't say I disagree with you. Lots of assholes who just want to pile on.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope he does, there's some good advice in here which I hope he takes. Though it's sprinkled among all the ridiculous labels.

That's not even funny anymore to me. Why are people here constantly blaming others in a very rude and harsh manner? I hope that there's never a soft-skinned person who believes it's the last resort to write on this board - and - after seeing comments like this, decides to do something even more dumb.
I don't get all those comments that tell him what a ***** whatever he is. Taking the time to go somewhere and talk, or may it even be just writing somewhere, is a good step to get out of that "old" shell and trying to do better.
With all due respect, some think it helps the issue with telling how bad he treated the girl? The girl is not important anymore when it comes to do better. You don't treat destructive behaviour by making it worse. No therapist is or will be asking how the girl is doing now. A reminder? Yes. But this is literally stigmatisation. I don't get this approach and never want to understand it. But probably the glass is also half empty for some of those people.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
OP, you don't really know what you're doing. I get that you want closure, I really do, but you're not in the state of mind to do so. You need to get therapy. You need to work things out on your own, live a life without her in it. It'll be hard, but you'll get there some day.

Maybe, maybe in a few years when you're better and everything dies down you can apologize. Make things right. But for God sake, don't try it now. That's a restraining order waiting to happen.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder why all of your friends just ghosted you though? Obviously it's not cool to ask her that, but it's not like you attacked her. Your best friend just straight up blocked you. There must be more to the story?

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I always wish we could hear the other person, in this case the young woman he made clearly unwanted advances to, and what their side of the story is.

It's my experience in life that people will try to make themselves sound better when telling a story. Things like, "I just left when she said go away", when in reality they said some snarky shit or made a big deal over leaving.

I'm not trying to say the OP is a liar, I think people do that sort of thing subconsciously to make themselves feel better about their actions.

But I would LOVE to hear her version of this story.

I agree with you and suspect a few pieces are left out. Turning others against him right away seems pretty drastic for asking a question plainly and letting it drop, as tactless as that was.

Deleted member 18179

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You ducked up, but learn your lesson and move along. In a few years it'll be the kind of thing you barely remember. Life is long that way

Discontent

May 25, 2018
OP no one here is fit to be your judge, remember that. Your family will be able to help you more than randoms on the internet that don't know you so spend more time with them. Free yourself from alcohol, it will just magnify the problem in your head And like everybody said seek professional counseling; it's nothing to be ashamed of. In fact i'd say it's even commendable and brave acknowledging there's changes to be made and taking steps to realize them

She's understandably upset so just leave it for a long while and then just let her know through an intermediary if you want to make a genuine apology at a later date but don't expect her to get back to you. She obviously doesn't want to know you now so just accept it and your friends who abandoned you just off of that don't seem like they were actually real friends mate if they didn't even ask your side of the story first before blocking you.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Well this was certainly a scary thread. I hope OP gets the help he needs, because, yes, he needs a lot of it, and moves on from any desire to enforce closure onto this relationship.

OP
OP
Prolepro

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
It's very clear that he thinks of her as property. When she refused him and left, he messaged her saying that he was about to tell her ex about this shit. Why would you do that? Why in seven hells does her ex need to know at all? And not only that, after he told her ex, he wrote that he was ready to be beaten by her ex. Basically in his mind, since he'd tried to "own" the woman and failed, he felt it was his duty to inform the previous "owner" of his attempt and accept any beating from this guy on account of his "attempted theft".

There's no empathy in this post. Only narcissistic, objectifying, creepy behavior. And this is HIS side of the story. Who knows what her side is.

OP, you need to self-reflect. And you need help. Because the signals you're giving off in your post here are all wrong. If you dream of ever finding happiness or a good partner, you'll need to change a LOT.

I stayed off here all day because I said enough. I needed to just listen. I thank the people who have given me a point of view I was incapable of viewing this through. The harshness is necessary for that.

Maybe youre right, I cant disprove your theory if you were to analyze why I did what I did on a subconscious level. I dont think Im in a position to be objective, but what I can say is that in the moment I obviously wasnt actively thinking "female said no, must be smashed", though this would be a lot simpler to understand if I was. I wish it was that easily explainable. I dont care about making an argument of whose intepretation is correct of why I did what was wrong. It was wrong, period. Maybe your theory of why is right.

What I know was I wasnt thinking anything at the moment. It wasnt a threat. The idea that I was just going to go home and go to bed, pretend like nothing had happened, and say goodbye to him the next morning didnt feel right. They had been together almost as long as we' been roommates. She was at our house more than her own. It just felt like the right thing to do. I told her Ibwas going to tell him because I didnt want to seem like I was being manipulative behind her back.

But who gives a shit what my intent was

Ive done stupid shit. Really embarassing shit hencd thread. It's a pattern. In this case, I have not held anything back from my recollection, but I wish I could hear her side too. I know I did this same circus a year ago here, but she was the person who was an outlet to keep me from acting in any way which was seriously bad. A ooster here was right, women are not my therapists. Of course it grated her. I never saw her as an object, but she fulfilled a subject which I lack within myself, and still do. I cant supplant my lack of self with someone else, I know that. But it's easy to forget. It's easier to be disliked, it's easier to be incomplete.

I dont want to be this way. I dont like it. I dont wake up wanting to push people out of my life. I dont like this person I am. I fuckinf hate it, I have proof of that written on me.

I just dont know if I can do therapy again, it'a losing. The idea that Im broken out of the box and cant be whole without a "professional" is anathema to me. just a few tiny grains in a pill of a chemical is all it takes to make me a normal functioning real person, fuck that. Im not pinnochio

If I cant do it alone, then what's the point?

But whatever. If she never wants to talk to me again, then okay, Im okay with that, I understand. Id do the same if I was her. My friends, Im less sure, but okay im sure they were as tired of myself as I am. Im not here anymore anyway.

Thank you all again, especially those critical of my actions. I dont feel slighted or wronged by anyone or the world in this. Ive never felt like Ive been owed anything, just the opposite. I dont hold anger. I couldnt, even if I wanted to. I just want to sleep.

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
I just dont know if I can do therapy again, it'a losing. The idea that Im broken out of the box and cant be whole without a "professional" is anathema to me. just a few tiny grains in a pill of a chemical is all it takes to make me a normal functioning real person, fuck that. Im not pinnochio

Therapy isn't just taking pills, it's a whole lot more involved than that. Part of it is learning coping techniques & learning how to process internal issues.

It's clear you need it. It's also clear you have your own stereotypes about therapy. I'd recommend trying a few to disabuse yourself of these notions.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

That is honestly the most toxic thing you said in this whole scenerio.

People Need other people. People need help from other people sometimes. Sometimes that help needs to be professional.

If you insist that you need do it yourself or there is no point, then you have doomed yourself for... I don't know what? Pride?

Yeah, that's not going to help you grow and improve. That's going to make you worse.

To go to a similar situation. If you were working out and found the weight you were lifting was too heavy and was going crush you, you wouldn't go "Well if I can't lift it myself, what's the point?" and let it crush you.

You'd ask for help.

Your mind is similar, sometimes it can't lift the weight on its own. You should never feel ashamed for asking for help.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Talking through your issues with a professional is something everyone could use at least once in their life. There is no shame in it, quite the opposite really.

What is shameful however is understanding that you have stuff you need to work on and stubbornly refusing to seek out a professional that is trained to help people in this regard. That is a toxic, regressive mindset that will continue to harm not only you, but your social relationships as well.

Last edited:
May 21, 2019
You need to move on with your life. I have to admit this sounds like a bad move, but you don't need to dwell on it. Also, I don't understand your decision to ask something like that, focus on improving your ability to control your impulses.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That is honestly the most toxic thing you said in this whole scenerio.

People Need other people. People need help from other people sometimes. Sometimes that help needs to be professional.

If you insist that you need do it yourself or there is no point, then you have doomed yourself for... I don't know what? Pride?

Yeah, that's not going to help you grow and improve. That's going to make you worse.

To go to a similar situation. If you were working out and found the weight you were lifting was too heavy and was going crush you, you wouldn't go "Well if I can't lift it myself, what's the point?" and let it crush you.

You'd ask for help.

Your mind is similar, sometimes it can't lift the weight on its own. You should never feel ashamed for asking for help.

Called that shit OP has probably done this type of stunt more than once and actually enjoys doing it, then he comes on the internet posts a whiny excuse and repeats the cycle it's some shit that you see narcissistic people doing and a lot of times guys who harm females just to feel power or control

OP is past therapy especially when he said the same shit happened the year before

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely fucking not. Calling that overreaction is some spurious bullshit, especially considering the circumstances.

Hell, she even stayed relatively calm. But even if she had told him to fuck off and left immediately it'd still not be an overreaction. If a friend did that to me, one who emotionally used me before too, I'd be utterly disgusted.
Im not sure how that justifies turning all his friends/co-workers against him without giving him a chance to make a statement. Its not only her initial reaction (that was totally okay), but the entire package.

Im not saying she couldn't have told her bff, but if she knows she's a chatty one who runs off telling everyone than chose someone else to vent off to.

When told from one person to another the meaning changes and you should always hear/consider there is more to it. To make people just ghost someone... no.

I mean he moved away, but if he had stayed maybe she even said something to make people mad enough to beat him up?

KelThaFunkee

Oct 27, 2017

You are not broken out of the box. I promise you many of us here have done similar things, we just don't know better. The important thing is to learn and get better. I dunno how old you are but I didn't get a first kiss till I was 22. I am 35 now and I gotta say things improved a lot from where I was. I was friend zoned many times and I didn't understand it. I'm like actually understanding it now recently that I've had to friendzone some girls.

What I suggest is to take small steps. Where you moved to now, try and make some new friends, even if it's coworkers. I honestly have never had luck dating a female friend. It either didn't align or something else happened. It feels like your friends aren't really close friends, I would say part of your problem, which was my problem, is I never really talk to people on a deep level when I was younger. So when this girl talked to you, it felt like a connection, when it was really a normal conversation. Try to talk to people like that. Sometimes you have to expose things about yourself to really connect with people (small amounts at a time, not too much). Once you start building a few friends that you can really talk to then start talking to some girls or going on some dating apps. I failed MANY times on my journey, so don't let that discourage you.

I recommend reading the book "No More Mr Nice Guy" by Robert Glover, it really helped me understand why it felt like I was giving people so much but not getting what I wanted. Type it into youtube, he's done many interviews about the book. It might be hard to listen to at first but you'll eventually get it. I believe in you!

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
just a few tiny grains in a pill of a chemical is all it takes to make me a normal functioning real person, fuck that. Im not pinnochio
Maybe my situation can help you understand how unfair this thinking is, to yourself and to others. (This is without even going into how mental heath treatments are more than just a pill.)

I take two pills daily:
The first because I don't have a thyroid (thanks cancer) and so need synthetic thyroid hormones. Without that, I would get really sick, and eventually die. I most definitely cannot function like a normal person without "a few tiny grains in a pill".
The second is because I've dealt with depression and anxiety since I was in middle school. Without that, I cannot function as well as others or at a "normal" level.

The second is just as valid as the first. Both are meant to address physical imbalances or deficiencies in my body. By your logic, I should be able to just magically make thyroid hormones on my own or give up and let the deficiency play its course. That's obviously ridiculous.

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah dude...you need help. If I were on the other side of it, I would have ghosted you too.

Anyway, learn from it and move on. Please do not do that again, it comes naturally when it happens.

YesNoMaybeSo

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2019
PA, USA
This is hard to say as I am not privy to the details of your dinner and time at the bar, perhaps parts of the discussion or her body language gave you the idea she may have been interested in something past platonic, perhaps she even would've been willing had you let things naturally evolve into intimacy.

But when you draw a hard line in the sand by essentially saying, "Hey, I've been thinkin'.....wanna fuck before I leave? Whaddya say?" that's obviously immediately going to make her feel objectified and that sex was the sole reason you were hanging out with her.

I could more understand such a grave error in judgement had you been heavily inebriated, but sober? Damn man, what were you thinking? That she threatened to call the cops on you when you showed up later should immediately tell you that it's over and this entire experience should be viewed as a harsh lesson learnt.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28131

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The fuck did I just read? Only on era...

Yeah, you messed up OP, learn from your mistake and move on, chin up.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
the iconic "im a guy friend who thought my girl friend wanted to fuck since we got along a little above average friendships"

classic.

play shit games, win shit prizes.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
My thoughts after reading the first post, is that I think maybe you had a very different take on the relationship than your friend. I've been turned down by several women friends (and girls, while in high school) but none ever just straight stormed off, cut off all ties, and threatened to call the cops the next time I came around. We remain friends to this day.

I feel like a large portion of the story from her perspective is missing.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
I don't know what model of a brain you have, but I would seriously update it.

The only thing to do now is fucking ghost the whole city and never look back, and only come to visit relatives.

Now, her first reaction is understandable, but the rest, and your roommates? That's weird. You did not rape anybody.
But why did you tell her you would speak to everybody about it? Like... Wtf.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Never before has the fact that so very few women post here been more apparent than in this thread.

OP: Tell me I did nothing wrong, even though I emotionally used a woman and then tried to guilt her into sex randomly and then essentially stalked her til she threatened to call the cops. (His side of the story. Which is always edited in ways to make the narrator look better than reality)

All the women in this thread: holy shit wtf op that's terrifying behavior.

Some men: she totally overreacted and also you women are wrong cause we know best also stop being mean, think of poor op

Last edited:

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
You fucked up a friendship but you didn't fuck up your life. Get yourself in order and leave her alone.

And Jesus, why on earth did you tell your other friend about something like that?

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
You made a mistake, misjudge the situation but don't be too hard on yourself. And stop chasing her, give her space and let it go.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory

It's not about doing it alone or with help. I am guilty of the same type of thinking as I like to always say that I'd rather drown than ask for help.
It's about having the self-agency of will. And then taking the path and making the decisions that you have to make to better yourself. And that might entail the help of others or the help of anything available for the purpose of regaining a better quality of life, be it pills or whatever.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Called that shit OP has probably done this type of stunt more than once and actually enjoys doing it, then he comes on the internet posts a whiny excuse and repeats the cycle it's some shit that you see narcissistic people doing and a lot of times guys who harm females just to feel power or control

OP is past therapy especially when he said the same shit happened the year before
That is unfortunate to find out.

But not exactly surprising.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
OP just get the help you need , you fucked up but it's not the end of the world , but do not listen to the people who say "ahh no big deal" you did something really inappropriate now just learn from it.

Dec 31, 2017
You fucked up yeah. Move on.

BUT, why did all your friends block you? What you didn't wasn't that heinous for an overnight ending of all friendships.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never before has the fact that so very few women post here been more apparent than in this thread.

OP: Tell me I did nothing wrong, even though I emotionally used a woman and then tried to guilt into sex randomly and then essentially stalked her til she threatened to call the cops. (His side of the story. Which is always edited in ways to make the narrator look better than reality)

Some men: she totally overreacted and also you women are wrong cause we know best.

Yeah, Resetera is still a boy's club.

People like op are the reason why women fear men and yet some people think this is about ""men's mental health"" but nobody has sympathy for the poor girl

BUT, why did all your friends block you? What you didn't wasn't that heinous for an overnight ending of all friendships.

Maybe he is not a good firend in general? This is HIS side of the story after all.

Last edited:

Deleted member 19868

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

OP: Tell me I did nothing wrong, even though I emotionally used a woman and then tried to guilt into sex randomly and then essentially stalked her til she threatened to call the cops. (His side of the story. Which is always edited in ways to make the narrator look better than reality)

Some men: she totally overreacted and also you women are wrong cause we know best.

You hit the nail on the head. If I say anything, I know that if anyone reads it at all, they're just going to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about and that the dude's feelings matter more than those of the woman he admits to emotionally abusing.

not all juniors are alt accounts. Some of us just find this place exhausting. Most of the time I just don't bother logging in.

pizoxuat

Jan 12, 2018
So let me get this clear: seeing a therapist is anathema to you, continuing to emotionally abuse women is not.

I think you need to look at that line over and over and really weigh it in your head.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
It must have been really creepy/scary for her to find out you were thinking about fucking her the whole conversation. It would definitely gross me out.

Accept you have really fucked up, that friendship group is gone, so move on.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Also judging from how you write, you seem like the type to over analyze. Pick up a hobby to throw yourself into and make a habit to stay out of your head.
Yeah, you need to do better at playing it cool, in your head it may be an HBO Drama series but for the other person they don't want things to get all heavy and uncomfortable. Just take it easy, go with the flow, don't drown in your feelings. I've fucked up in that way before too and it's a tough lesson to learn but you gotta learn it.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017

Dude, this is a really toxic way of thinking. I was rooting for you but if you honestly view working on yourself with a therapist as "losing" you're kidding yourself. And antidepressants, chemical imbalances are real. Fucking with brain chemistry isn't always necessary but don't belittle those that need it to function in society and become better

You know this is a pattern, you are struggling to change said pattern, and feel like you are at a low. You're in a deeply transitional phase of your life you are struggling to navigate. A lot of bad patterns stem from learned behaviors and generational trauma, I've been in therapy for about 5 months now and I'm realizing that a lot of my anxiety and depression stems from my solution to problems often blatant inaction and just assuming I had the worst about myself, and how that stems from the way I saw my parents interact growing up.

I wish you well on your journey, but please don't disregard that there may be a missing component to this. One admittedly bad mistake has compounded into multiple bad mistakes and gaslighting and doing things that could rightfully be considered physical harassment. Please consider the option that maybe you aren't able to this all on your own and seek professional help before you make the same mistake again and feel even worse about hurting someone.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
You fucked up yeah. Move on.

Likely because the OP is leaving out a huge chunk of the story, the part the led to everyone turning their backs on him and his ex friend reaching the point where she'll call the cops on him.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
But who gives a shit what my intent was
I think she gives a shit what your intent was, and she saw them for what they were, "nice guy". And the reason you should consider help, even if it results in a diagnosis you don't want with pills you don't want to take, is because you should not want to do this again to someone else. Instead, you're focused on how they inconvenience you and your self image, which is surprising because your self image is already fucked up.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, this is a really toxic way of thinking. I was rooting for you but if you honestly view working on yourself with a therapist as "losing" you're kidding yourself. And antidepressants, chemical imbalances are real. Fucking with brain chemistry isn't always necessary but don't make belittle those that need it to function in society and become better

You know this is a pattern, you are struggling to change said pattern, and feel like you are at a low. You're in a deeply transitional phase of your life you are struggling to navigate. A lot of bad patterns stem from learned behaviors and generational trauma, I've been in therapy for about 5 months now and I'm realizing that a lot of my anxiety and depression stems from my solution to problems often blatant inaction and just assuming I had the worst about myself, and how that stems from the way I saw my parents interact growing up.

I wish you well on your journey, but please don't disregard that there may be a missing component to this. One admittedly bad mistake has compounded into multiple bad mistakes and gaslighting and doing things that could rightfully be considered physical harassment. Please consider the option that maybe you aren't able to this all on your own and seek professional help before you make the same mistake again and feel even worse about hurting someone.

This is good advice, but you can't force someone into therapy. OP needs to realise he needs that help but he's currently not in the headspace that will allow him to do it.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
his is good advice, but you can't force someone into therapy. OP needs to realise he needs that help but he's currently not in the headspace that will allow him to do it.

Fair, I admit the opening was a bit harsh, and I'm not saying therapy is going to be an instant miracle fix. But I am saying if OP continues down their current path, it is incredibly likely they will make the same mistake again.

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
Fair, I admit the opening was a bit harsh, and I'm not saying therapy is going to be an instant miracle fix. But I am saying if OP continues down their current path, it is incredibly likely they will make the same mistake again.

Your opening wasn't harsh. People like the OP can be mentally draining because they suck the life force out of you without giving little in return.

None of us are trained professionals equipped to help people like him. The only thing we can do is get sucked into his vortex.

I had a friend like him once. It was exhausting. He kept making the same mistakes in life, used me as a therapy aid, but refused to see a therapist because he felt the profession was a joke.

I just kept on telling him at the end that I had no time, but if he wanted to see a therapist then I will support him. He stopped talking to me after a few instances of this.

Turns out I was only useful to him as a prop to dump on. That's a pity because I was rooting for him to get together, but if you have no interest in getting better...