• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
Wow. My first impression:
professional sounding from the start. Moody. Good vocals, surprisingly high quality. Good flow overall. Very modern sounding, almost trappish/hip hip-ish/chillsteppish. I like it a lot. Definitely does not overstay its welcome, good length.

Did you produce the music and vocals, basically everything by yourself? Or was it a collaborative effort? High quality stuff. Would be interested in hearing a whole album.

iXenon

Sep 22, 2019
I'm high in the car and I feel like this song speaks to me

so it passed the high + car test 😂😂

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
You know what? This bangs. Good shit.
I went and listened to your EP afterwards and dug it as well but you can really hear your growth as an artist on Jaded. Keep it up!

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
That sounds awesome, great job. I'm checking out some of your stuff on Spotify too, good stuff so around!

OP
OP

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Oh wow, I wasn't expecting all the kind comments. Thank you so much.

To answer your question Blackie , I wrote all the lyrics, and produced the vocals. I also wrote the violin/cello parts. I did the arrangement and added some instrumentation for the feels. Otherwise, I worked with a local producer named Gloze and Stefano Galante, who is a Latin Grammy nominated sound engineer and producer.

iXenon Glad it passed the high test, because I haven't tested it yetttt lol. Be safe out there, though.

ShadowAUS Thanks, I definitely feel like it's a departure. I'm going to keep working and growing.

Jakenbakin Thanks for the support!

Windy_Smile

Oct 27, 2017
It's really good, That effect ( layered vocals ?) at 1:16 and 2:21 are so dope!. Well done good sir.

OP
OP

Deleted member 64666

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
OP
OP

Deleted member 64666

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Great work, OP!
Please keep this up because I think you have real talent and skill for music.

Onh that's so sweet! I'm so thankful. I've always wanted to make music but I always held myself back in ways. I feel like with Jaded, it's the first time I felt super confident while recording a track. I want to do more and put myself out there!

Thank you so much zethren , it really means the world to me.

OP
OP

Deleted member 64666

Banned
Mar 20, 2020

giphy.gif

OP
OP

Deleted member 64666

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Wow, quality track.Very impressive dude, you got talent 👏

Keep at it.

Thanks a lot! I'll keep working hard on my craft!

yeah, its good, no doubt.

Thanks thecouncil, it's been a struggle at times to deliver this kind of work, but I'm ready for what comes next!

Gave me older Weeknd vibes.
THE HIGH PRAISE. Love Abel and his work.

Slow Roll

Sep 20, 2019
It sounds like something that could easily take off if the right breaks fall your way. You're very talented, good luck on your journey.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Not bad. I'm not sure it's a song I would choose to listen to, but it might grow on me.

That beat sounds super familiar and I've no idea why. I like it though.

OP
OP

Deleted member 64666

Banned
Mar 20, 2020

Thanks! All of you guys are making my day!

It sounds like something that could easily take off if the right breaks fall your way. You're very talented, good luck on your journey.

Omg. I would implode of excitement. I'm working on making a unique music video. I'm going to give it my all. Thank you for saying something like that.

i hope you're not driving!

Safety first friends.

the strings give me a real "Still Tippin'" vibe and that is good

I didn't know the track, but I assume you are referring to Mike Jones and Slim Thug track! High praise once again. Thank you. I added it to my library.

Really fantastic work, OP. I really like the vibe of this song.

Working hard and I'll keep on working hard to make it out there!

Honestly, I vibe with it.
That's the spirit!

Dope OP. I really love the quality of the audio. Keep it up and hope you get far with your career.

Fingers crossed, this is the goal.
Not bad. I'm not sure it's a song I would choose to listen to, but it might grow on me.

That beat sounds super familiar and I've no idea why. I like it though.

Hopefully it does grow on you. I mean, the track was designed to be accessible and modern, while still providing a unique angle.

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
When someone ask you to check their work, you kind of go with a feel of dread, of not actually liking the result.
Not this time.. it's actually good.

I left wanting a bit more of the Cello's bits, though.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Talented as fuck. Quite frankly it sounds like the stuff you would hear on the rnb/hiphop radio station so that's to say it sounds really good. Gonna listen to your other stuff now.

OP
OP

Deleted member 64666

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
When someone ask you to check their work, you kind of go with a feel of dread, of not actually liking the result.
Not this time.. it's actually good.
I left wanting a bit more of the Cello's bits, though.

I'm legit overwhelmed! Thank you for your kind words. I ALWAYS WANT MORE CELLOs. I have a problem I think. I love incorporating it in my work.

I need some of your connects on that engineering. Good stuff!

Of course! PM me and I'll send you Stefano's contact. He is a legend and he worked with Andrea Bocelli, Kool and The Gang, etc. He is a sweetheart, also. I often go record in his home studio and he's always very considerate of other people's opinion.

Talented as fuck. Quite frankly it sounds like the stuff you would hear on the rnb/hiphop radio station so that's to say it sounds really good. Gonna listen to your other stuff now.

WOW, wow, wow. I'm honestly overwhelmed. I was so scared that the release would just be entirely ignored. I guess we all have this fear of failure.
Thank you!

Awesome, really like it. Good job OP!

Thank you Smithy!

Its not what I normally listen to but wow that's pretty impressive work.
Very nice of you CarpeDeezNutz and I died of laughter writing your username. haha.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
That wasn't bad at all, which is what you expect in threads like this haha. If I had to offer one and only one compliment, it would be on the instrumentation arrangement. There's quite a bit different instruments/sound sources here and nothing sticks out to the point of feeling tacked on. An example of that would be a friend of mine who released an album a few years back. On that album, he added some sax on a song where it didn't belong. It's like he's adding it just because he could, and wasn't serving the song properly. That tends to be a problem with his music anyway, he tends to worry more about people knowing what he's capable of playing musically vs making good music.

This track of yours is the opposite, everything fits.

OP
OP

Deleted member 64666

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
That wasn't bad at all, which is what you expect in threads like this haha. If I had to offer one and only one compliment, it would be on the instrumentation arrangement. There's quite a bit different instruments/sound sources here and nothing sticks out to the point of feeling tacked on. An example of that would be a friend of mine who released an album a few years back. On that album, he added some sax on a song where it didn't belong. It's like he's adding it just because he could, and wasn't serving the song properly. That tends to be a problem with his music anyway, he tends to worry more about people knowing what he's capable of playing musically vs making good music.

This track of yours is the opposite, everything fits.

Thank you so much! This is all an artist wants to hear, that their universe is cohesive and that their music hits right where it should! Thank you.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Nice tune OP, however.

No Self-Promotion

Do not create threads featuring links to products or services that you have a direct involvement in. Members are instead welcome and encouraged to post in already existing threads about a product or service that they are involved in (including links that are specifically relevant to the thread) so that they may engage with the community. If you are involved in a product or service that you are linking, please disclose that fact upfront.

Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.