• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Remember the time when Capcom had put out a collection of older arcade games out on PS2 & Xbox (as well as on PSP being CCC: Remixed & CCC: Reloaded)?

Well, I propose for Capcom to resurrect Capcom Classics Collection Ultimate for Switch, Xbox One & PS4. Make it between 40 & 50 titles!

They would have to be Arcade games that are between 1984 to 2001 (exception is Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts since it came before), & without licensed titles, because I'm sure titles like both of the Dungeons & Dragons games, Alien Vs. Predator, etc. will be very hard for Capcom to obtain.
  1. 1941: Counter Attack
  2. 1942
  3. 1943: The Battle of Midway
  4. 1943 Kai
  5. 19XX: The War Against Destiny
  6. 1944: The Loop Master
  7. Armored Warriors
  8. Battle Circuit
  9. Bionic Commando
  10. Black Tiger
  11. Block Block
  12. Captain Commando
  13. Carrier Air Wing
  14. Commando
  15. Dynasty Wars
  16. Eco Fighters
  17. Final Fight
  18. Forgotten Worlds
  19. Ghosts 'N Goblins
  20. Ghouls 'N Ghosts
  21. Giga Wing
  22. Giga Wing 2
  23. Gun.Smoke
  24. King of Dragons
  25. Knights of the Round
  26. Last Duel
  27. Legendary Wings
  28. Magic Sword
  29. Mega Twins
  30. Mercs
  31. Progear
  32. Section Z
  33. Side Arms
  34. Son Son
  35. Street Fighter Alpha 2
  36. Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper
  37. Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
  38. Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - Fight For The Future
  39. Strider
  40. Strider 2
  41. Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts
  42. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
  43. Three Wonders
  44. Tiger Road
  45. Varth: Operation Thunderstorm
  46. Warriors of Fate
The games that are bolded & underlined would be very new to the compilation. All of these would come with sound tests, remixed tracks (like what Magic Sword & Final Fight had received through Final Fight: Double Impact), art work, graphic enhancements, online multiplayer, & more.

Not saying that they'll do it, but it's just a thought.

Last edited:

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
How much do you propose they would charge for this? For reference, the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary collection, which was just mostly the Street Fighter games in your list, was $50, so you've got to figure this would be at least 2-3x more than that compilation. You think people are willing to pay $100+ for this compilation, because I think Capcom would rather sell you multiple $50 compilations instead. It seems like there would be more of a market for that.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I doubt there would be overlap so taking out games in other compilations it would end with
(considering the leaked G&G stuff doesn't include the older stuff and ignoring any game that might be on Arcade Stadium since we don't know what it has)

1. 1941: Counter Attack
  2. 1942
  3. 1943: The Battle of Midway
  4. 1943 Kai
  5. 19XX: The War Against Destiny
  6. 1944: The Loop Master
  7. Bionic Commando®
  8. Black Tiger
  9. Block Block
  10. Carrier Air Wing
  11. Commando
  12. Dynasty Wars
  13. Eco Fighters
  14. Forgotten Worlds
  15. Ghosts 'N Goblins
  16. Ghouls 'N Ghosts
  17. Giga Wing
  18. Giga Wing 2
  19. Gun.Smoke
  20. Last Duel
  21. Legendary Wings
  22. Magic Sword
  23. Mega Twins
  24. Mercs
  25. Section Z
  26. Side Arms
  27. Son Son
  28. Strider 2
  29. Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts
  30. Three Wonders
  31. Tiger Road
  32. Varth: Operation Thunderstorm

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Mega Twins would be hype, but I
don't trust Capcom to do a collection that doesn't just have like every version of SF2 known to man in place of unique games.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
How much do you propose they would charge for this? For reference, the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary collection, which was just mostly the Street Fighter games in your list, was $50, so you've got to figure this would be at least 2-3x more than that compilation. You think people are willing to pay $100+ for this compilation, because I think Capcom would rather sell you multiple $50 compilations instead. It seems like there would be more of a market for that.

I can see them doing multiple collections like Konami.

woodypop

Oct 27, 2017
Those collections were awesome! They had a really good variety of genres and included many gems from the 90s. (I bought them across the PS2, Xbox and PSP.)

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Add Progear and you have a deal.
AvP was released on that Capcom arcade stick so its possible to get a disc release.
I'm still unclear with how that worked out. Koch Media manufactured it, and it's European. They still had to get 20th Century Fox approval, but I'm not sure if it was easier with their conditions than for Capcom to release it. Very strange situation.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The Capcom collection I'm really hoping for would be a Breath of Fire collection.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so how much money do you think this will need? How much work? How much help from legal? You think we can clear all these games? Will we need new tech for this? Who will make it? And help from marketing? How much money do you think this will make? Do you think this will fit out schedule? We got lots of vacations on the way. You asking to delay some vacations?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Dino Crisis was never good.
c943e782548b7657b1b8aedf7ca294e1.jpg

OP
OP
SpaceCrystal

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019

Mega Twins would be hype, but I
don't trust Capcom to do a collection that doesn't just have like every version of SF2 known to man in place of unique games.

I didn't list all of the SF games, just the five that I have on the list because they happen to be the most popular SF games by the majority of the fandom.

They would also get another chance due to Digital Eclipse's fuckups with the entire SF 30th Anniversary Collection in general.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I didn't list all of the SF games, just the five that I have on the list because they happen to be the most popular SF games by the majority of the fandom.

They would also get another chance due to Digital Eclipse's fuckups with the entire SF 30th Anniversary Collection in general.
It still amazes me how a studio can royal fuck up an anniversary collection of a series. It is the only Street Fighter collection I haven't bought and have no intention of ever owning.

akilshohen

Dec 8, 2017
It still amazes me how a studio can royal fuck up an anniversary collection of a series. It is the only Street Fighter collection I haven't bought and have no intention of ever owning.
What's wrong with it? It seemed pretty comprehensive to me, although I do wish they had the home versions of SFA3.

That list is also missing Quiz and Dragons. I do wish they'd move on and add a lot of the mssing titles from the 90s

Mikhal

Oct 28, 2017
Capcom Arcade Cabinet is backwards compatible on Xbox One. It's a good compilation by M2 and I wished they went further with more games but buying games separately or in packs didn't seem to resonate with people as much.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I like the Giga Wing games being on your list but both Gunbird games need to be on there too.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
What's wrong with it? It seemed pretty comprehensive to me, although I do wish they had the home versions of SFA3.

It's an amazing collection, it's just very bare bones. I can't imagine being even a mild Street Fighter fan and not buying it. It has the best and most accurate home versions of Hyper Fighting, Super Turbo, and the Street Fighter III games released (3rd Strike is identical to 3SOE once the matches start). The netcode is solid too.

It's missing lots of quality of life features, but in terms of offering virtually arcade perfect versions of the classic SF games, it delivers.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

That list is also missing Quiz and Dragons. I do wish they'd move on and add a lot of the mssing titles from the 90s

Majority of the people wanted the home versions of the games which could have easily been included.

I like the Giga Wing games being on your list but both Gunbird games need to be on there too.

Gunbird games are not owned by Capcom.

Nov 2, 2017
Capcom Arcade Cabinet is backwards compatible on Xbox One. It's a good compilation by M2 and I wished they went further with more games but buying games separately or in packs didn't seem to resonate with people as much.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
This is a great collection and although it lacks many titles on the wishlist, I think it being BC on Xbox somewhat diminishes a need for a similar collection (at least, for the Xbox).

That said, I'm a sucker for these compilations. I still play the PS2 Capcom Collections.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I don't see them doing the SF anthology mixed in, but I could see them put the two arcade collections (the shooter and the beat-em-up) on one disc for PS5/XBX.

I really wish we'd get an update to the Midway collection that game out during the PS2/XB era. Thankfully it's backwards compatible and you can buy an emulated version on the XBL marketplace, but I'd love an upscaled UI version that doesn't require me to dust off the XBoxOne.

MufausaThe3rd

Dec 1, 2017
People keep wanting these same games man..

What I wanna see are games from Capcom's older 3D collection.

Games like Rival Schools, Star Gladiator/Plasma Sword, Tech Romancer, Street Fighter EX games (Arika would need to be involved)

Like those are the games, as a 90s baby. Care about for a compilation. Give me those games with rollback and lobbies and I will gladly pay full price for those on Steam and PS4/PS5

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
It's an amazing collection, it's just very bare bones. I can't imagine being even a mild Street Fighter fan and not buying it. It has the best and most accurate home versions of Hyper Fighting, Super Turbo, and the Street Fighter III games released (3rd Strike is identical to 3SOE once the matches start). The netcode is solid too.

It's missing lots of quality of life features, but in terms of offering virtually arcade perfect versions of the classic SF games, it delivers.
I think my biggest complaint was not getting the option for the JP roms like the Japanese release had.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Seconded, OP. The Capcom collections were so good, the PSP versions even had proper TATE options for shooters like 1941 and Varth. Lots of good memories for Vol 1 on PSP, was my first time playing Strider.

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
This topic for sure is a product of a premonition!

And to add to it, I'm a sucker for old games. Bring it on!

Last edited: