• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Beta site for California is up. It's only taking appointments for L.A. and San Diego counties at the moment with statewide rollout due next month. Registration for updates on when it's your turn are available for all counties.

My Turn - California COVID-19 Vaccine Scheduling & Notifications

My Turn is where Californians can find out if you are eligible for COVID-19 vaccination, schedule appointments, and sign up for notifications. Register to get notified when it’s your turn to get the COVID-19 vaccine.

Doesn't age based eligibility delay the vaccine for people with pre-existing conditions?

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
I got my first pfizer shot today and booked the second. It's exciting to feel a bit safer but life still isn't going to change for me for a long time.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts has opened pre-register links now, but it still follows the tiered availability plan. I'll get the link later today unless someone else has it Handy. They tweeted it out last night after the state of the commonwealth address.

COVID-19 vaccine information

COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. Stay up to date with your vaccinations to protect yourself, your family, and your community from serious illness.

So if you click on a location on the map, there is a description for each one and most that are open have registration links but it's *only* if you qualify for a vaccine at this point, which is tier 1 (Healthcare workers, front-line, etc and 75+). Tier 2 is scheduled to begin on Feb 1, which expands down to 65+, and then eventually K-12, meat industry employees, and more. Tier 3 is the general public expected late March to April and beyond.

Last edited:

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
Georgia vaccine status as of 1/27:

Pfizer Allocation
546,000​

Moderna Allocation

776,000​

Vaccines Administered

746,274​

*Totals are cumulative from the initial date of vaccine availability.

Pfizer Shipped

541,125​

Moderna Shipped

775,500​

Data from Georgia Department of Public Health

Going by the shipped numbers, it looks like 570,351 doses are available. So an increase over Saturday's report.

Easily Build Custom Reports and Dashboards - Looker Studio

Looker Studio turns your data into informative reports and dashboards that are easy to read, easy to share, and fully custom.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
This would be extremely helpful for me. I went on the Mass Gove site but couldn't find anything :(

COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. Stay up to date with your vaccinations to protect yourself, your family, and your community from serious illness.

So if you click on a location on the map, there is a description for each one and most that are open have registration links but it's *only* if you qualify for a vaccine at this point, which is tier 1 (Healthcare workers, front-line, etc and 75+). Tier 2 is scheduled to begin on Feb 1, which expands down to 65+, and then eventually K-12, meat industry employees, and more. Tier 3 is the general public expected late March to April and beyond.

Registrations were opened this morning, Jan 27, and so it might take some time for all of the sites to get updated with their registration links. I probably won't be eligible until April (I dunno if my conditions are comorbidities, doubt I'd qualify), but on the plus sidde one location is about 1/4mi from my house...

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
A new treatment is being ramped up to help reduce COVID-19 hospitalizations

If you are high risk and become Covid positive they are using a monoclonal antibody drug infusion to help keep you out of the hospital. It is being used more here in Georgia:
" Piedmont Healthcare figured out ways to offer the treatment in Athens and Columbus in December and added two spaces in metro Atlanta earlier this month. Now, the hospital system is treating about 250 patients every week. "

www.ajc.com

New antibody infusion treatment for COVID-19 ramped up to help reduce hospitalizations

Georgia hospitals are moving to increase use of an antibody infusion treatment for Covid to reduce the demand for pateints needing hospital beds.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

Registrations were opened this morning, Jan 27, and so it might take some time for all of the sites to get updated with their registration links. I probably won't be eligible until April (I dunno if my conditions are comorbidities, doubt I'd qualify), but on the plus sidde one location is about 1/4mi from my house...

Thanks a lot. Looks like the places near me are only allowing Phase 1's but I'm gonna continue to watch this. Hopefully something changes (even though I doubt it)

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks a lot. Looks like the places near me are only allowing Phase 1's but I'm gonna continue to watch this. Hopefully something changes (even though I doubt it)

Yeah, tier 2 doesn't officially start until Feb 1 in MA, and it's going to be front-loaded for 65+, elderly comorbidities, then K-12 and other public employees. Tier 3 is when it opens up to the general population which is looking like late March.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had covid in the tail end of November - first week of December. Am I alright to get the vaccine now or am I supposed to wait some more in case I'm still naturally immune? If I'm still naturally immune will that ruin the vaccine?

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Oregon here. My parents, who both have chronic health problems, are scheduled for their first shots on Friday and I'm so relieved. They were actually hesitant about getting in on the first wave because they felt they would be taking up spots for other people in worse shape. My sisters and I convinced them that they were doing the right thing by getting the vaccine now, even if they aren't the absolute most vulnerable people.

As for me, my medical provider sent out an email saying that they have no vaccines to give out for the general public so stop asking.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Is it actually 65+? I feel like everything I saw is 75+

Sorry I was wrong I'm not sure why I thought it was 65+...

On Feb 1 when tier 2 officially opens it's just 75+, but midway thru Tier 2 it's 65+ with 2 comorbidities, and then later in tier 2 after some other classes it's 65+ with 1 comorbidity.

Actually the website might be out of date

www.wbur.org

Baker Makes Seniors Eligible Sooner And Adds Vaccination Sites Amid Slow Rollout

Residents aged 65 and older have been bumped up in priority, and will join people with two or more comorbidities in the second group to become eligible in phase two sometime in February.

Ok so it's confusing. So on Feb 1 75+ becomes open. But baker also announced that 65+ would move up ahead of the next phase of tier 2 which was going to be teachers, etc, and now 65+ (comorbidity or not) will move up ahead of that but there's no date yet, "sometime in February".

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I was wrong I'm not sure why I thought it was 65+...

On Feb 1 when tier 2 officially opens it's just 75+, but midway thru Tier 2 it's 65+ with 2 comorbidities, and then later in tier 2 after some other classes it's 65+ with 1 comorbidity.

Actually the website might be out of date

www.wbur.org

Baker Makes Seniors Eligible Sooner And Adds Vaccination Sites Amid Slow Rollout

Residents aged 65 and older have been bumped up in priority, and will join people with two or more comorbidities in the second group to become eligible in phase two sometime in February.

Ok so it's confusing. So on Feb 1 75+ becomes open. But baker also announced that 65+ would move up ahead of the next phase of tier 2 which was going to be teachers, etc, and now 65+ (comorbidity or not) will move up ahead of that but there's no date yet, "sometime in February".
Thanks, trying to track down shots for the in-laws

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Pfizer Inc and BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine appeared to only lose a small bit of effectiveness against an engineered virus with three key mutations from the new variant found in South Africa, according to a laboratory study conducted by the U.S. drugmaker.

The study by Pfizer and scientists from the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), which has not yet been peer-reviewed, showed a less than two-fold reduction in antibody titer levels, indicating the vaccine would likely still be effective in neutralizing a virus with the so-called E484K and N501Y mutations found in the South African variant.

The study here was conducted on blood taken from people who had been given the vaccine. Its findings are limited, because it does not look at the full set of mutations found in the new South African variant.

The scientists are currently engineering a virus with the full set of mutations and expect to have results from that in around two weeks, according to Pei-Yong Shi, an author of the study and a professor at UTMB.

www.reuters.com

Pfizer vaccine only slightly less effective against key South African mutations - study

Pfizer Inc and BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine appeared to lose only a small bit of effectiveness against an engineered virus with three key mutations from the new coronavirus variant found in South Africa, according to a laboratory study conducted by the U.S. drugmaker.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Please know what restrictions there are for your area etc.

My wife is a pharmacist, and they are having to spend half their day canceling and notifying 20-30 year old that are taking up all the slots for 75-80 year old. The current website isn't specific to an area to automatically deny people since not all area have the same tiers.

Please don't be that person.

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
Please know what restrictions there are for your area etc.

My wife is a pharmacist, and they are having to spend half their day canceling and notifying 20-30 year old that are taking up all the slots for 75-80 year old. The current website isn't specific to an area to automatically deny people since not all area have the same tiers.

Please don't be that person.
They do not screen for age when they take the appointments?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
How to regions decide when it's time to move to the next tier? I can imagine in hard to account for how many 75+ still need the vaccine (or at least, WANT to get one), so do they change the tier when that demand slowly dies down? I guess what I wonder, is how they work this so that doses don't get wasted, instead of just waiting around for more people to make the appointment. I mean, this would technically stand for any tier, but only using this example since many regions are still working on 75+.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone lives or works in Essex county NJ and are looking for a vaccine message me I potentially have a slot for you. Not a guarantee obviously.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
My boss called me while I was in the shower a half hour ago and told me to rush back to work. Someone abandoned their covid appointment, and since I was the only one of us willing to take it, it was mine.

That shit hurt to get. But! I got a fancy ID card and a direct line to the CDC if my body starts fucking up. Coolies.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Pfizer Inc and BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine appeared to only lose a small bit of effectiveness against an engineered virus with three key mutations from the new variant found in South Africa, according to a laboratory study conducted by the U.S. drugmaker.

The study by Pfizer and scientists from the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), which has not yet been peer-reviewed, showed a less than two-fold reduction in antibody titer levels, indicating the vaccine would likely still be effective in neutralizing a virus with the so-called E484K and N501Y mutations found in the South African variant.

The study here was conducted on blood taken from people who had been given the vaccine. Its findings are limited, because it does not look at the full set of mutations found in the new South African variant.

The scientists are currently engineering a virus with the full set of mutations and expect to have results from that in around two weeks, according to Pei-Yong Shi, an author of the study and a professor at UTMB.

www.reuters.com

Pfizer vaccine only slightly less effective against key South African mutations - study

Pfizer Inc and BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine appeared to lose only a small bit of effectiveness against an engineered virus with three key mutations from the new coronavirus variant found in South Africa, according to a laboratory study conducted by the U.S. drugmaker.

Even though I'm eligible from where I live (Phase 1B), I think I'll wait on the new & improved vaccine to happen thanks to this news.

Oct 27, 2017
Got my first dose of the Pfizer jab yesterday. A friend of mine runs a nursing home and he had some staff decline the vaccine so they were going to be destroyed (the vaccines not the staff) and he asked if I wanted it. Sore arm this morning but no other symptoms.

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
As of 1/28:
Georgia COVID-19 Vaccine Status Dashboard

Dashboard is updated daily
1. Enrolled Providers - number of providers enrolled to administer vaccines to date.​
2. Allocation - number of vaccines allocated to Georgia from the distributing pharmaceutical.
3. Shipped - number of vaccines received in Georgia from the distributing pharmaceutical.
4. Vaccines Administered - number of people who received the vaccine in Georgia to date.
*Numbers include data reported to DPH as of the previous day. Reporting lags may mean that not all vaccines that have been administered are captured in these data.

Enrolled Providers

1,948​

Pfizer Allocation

546,000​

Moderna Allocation

776,000​

Vaccines Administered
836,518​

*Totals are cumulative from the initial date of vaccine availability.

Pfizer Shipped
546,000​

Moderna Shipped

776,000​

Total shipped: 1,322,000
Doses available: 485,482

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
For people in CA, I just realized that in order to sign up for immediate alerts when appointments open up using the myturn.ca.gov website, you have to purposely enter your age as lower than 65, so that it'll give you the full form to enter all your info and cell number and email for the alert. If you enter that you're older than 65 or a healthcare worker, it won't offer the option to get an alert.

After you say that you're under 65, It'll give you a full form where you enter the actual age again.

Red Comet

Jan 6, 2018
Got my second dose this morning. Ready for Pfizer to fuck me up. Bring it on!

Hope you're feeling okay. My fiancée had her second dose this morning as well and it's beating her up. High fever and she hurts all over. Should be better tomorrow she tells me. I think she had the Moderna one actually.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
So I was able to get my wife in for an appointment, unfortunately the location is 200 miles away. So she'll be driving 3 hours there and back. We're in New York State.

Two questions, 1. Will they be able to make her second appt at a closer location? And 2., since she's technically getting it for work, can she have her mileage reimbursed?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida FLORIDA florida

COVID-19 vaccines continue to arrive in Florida in extremely limited supply. As we await additional vaccine supply from the Federal Government, we urge currently eligible Florida residents to save their place in line by pre-registering today.

I'm not sure if this accomplishes much of anything besides putting your name on a list, but I guess it is better than nothing. They claim it will save your place in line.

Publix also has their next round of online sign-ups on Wednesday at 6AM EST, but thus far I have been pretty unimpressed with their system (just a browser page that auto-refreshes itself as you pray to be allowed to register)

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I saw a news clip that said that CA prob won't be finished with all of the 75+ tiers for a few months... sure hope that's not the case and they can open it up to more 'lower' tiers. Has any CA regions seen any tier changes from the 75+/healthcare workers going to others groups?

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
I saw a news clip that said that CA prob won't be finished with all of the 75+ tiers for a few months... sure hope that's not the case and they can open it up to more 'lower' tiers. Has any CA regions seen any tier changes from the 75+/healthcare workers going to others groups?
I believe a lot (all?) of places are 65+ now, as that was a statewide order about a week ago.

They aren't going to wait until everyone in an allowed group is vaccinated before moving onto the next. Other tiers will open up once demand for existing tiers falls below supply. Remember there's a decent amount of people in each group that just won't get one for whatever reason.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I believe a lot (all?) of places are 65+ now, as that was a statewide order about a week ago.

They aren't going to wait until everyone in an allowed group is vaccinated before moving onto the next. Other tiers will open up once demand for existing tiers falls below supply. Remember there's a decent amount of people in each group that just won't get one for whatever reason.

That's kind of what I figured, and glad that they are (slowly) moving on. Demand is still there for these groups for sure, I just hope they will somehow be able to ramp up supply and create new sites to get them at, so it won't take all year to get through a good amount of the population (that wants one).

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
That's kind of what I figured, and glad that they are (slowly) moving on. Demand is still there for these groups for sure, I just hope they will somehow be able to ramp up supply and create new sites to get them at, so it won't take all year to get through a good amount of the population (that wants one).
CA's rollout has been pretty frustrating unfortunately. I'm optimistic with Biden actually giving a shit about the pandemic and other vaccines being approved soon (Johnson & Johnson) that most people should be able to get one here if they want to by the beginning of summer.

We'll definitely see some noticeable progress before that at least. Just getting the bulk of 65+ done will really rein in hospital and ICU numbers.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
CA's rollout has been pretty frustrating unfortunately. I'm optimistic with Biden actually giving a shit about the pandemic and other vaccines being approved soon (Johnson & Johnson) that most people should be able to get one here if they want to by the beginning of summer.

We'll definitely see some noticeable progress before that at least. Just getting the bulk of 65+ done will really rein in hospital and ICU numbers.

Yeah, just frustrating how awful this all started from the previous "COVID defense team" or whatever they called themselves, who had no plan on implementing and supplying these rollouts :/ CA is the most populated state too, so will be even longer to get through the majority of people. I'm just glad when we hear that cases overall are starting to go down, which is at least SOME good news while we wait for our line in queue for shots.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I just found out two of my friends travelled to another state to get vaccinated. They are young and healthy but thought they needed it ahead of other people for some reason.

They tried to get it for weeks and were googling multiple counties in Texas where they could get it (I live in TX they dont) and asked to quarantine in our house and for rides to the airport I wouldn't give them.

They have been traveling around trying to get it and finally figured out that a poor West-Texas county was doing no questions asked vaccines because of a large number of undocumented workers in the meat packing industry that they wanted to vaccinate. They flew there this morning and got their first dose. I (and everyone else who knows them) has told them not to do it. They now want to fly back to our house to celebrate getting it. My wife is high risk and I just told them they are bad people and I really don't want to see them for a long time if ever.

Sucks finding out people you liked are bad/selfish assholes.

My parents who are both over 65 with health issues can't even get the vaccine, not to mention poor people who cant afford to take fucking vaccine vacations to other states.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Got my second dose of Pfeizer yesterday. Exhausted and feverish today, but I guess it's working lol

Captain_Vyse

Jun 24, 2020
Thanks for the heads up on Rite Aid! Wasn't able to get anything for my folks - they're booked thru the middle of March. When were you able to schedule - do the next batch of appointments open in the afternoon or first thing in the morning?
I was able to schedule mine yesterday. I was lucky, and got mine scheduled on this Saturday. I would suggest looking in more red/Republican areas, as the appointments aren't filling up as fast in those areas it seems. Where I live I couldn't find one before mid march, but I then checked where I grew up (about an hour away, same state), which is a more red area, and got the appointment for Saturday.

Not sure when the next batch of appointments open up. I'd keep checking it once or twice a day.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
I just found out two of my friends travelled to another state to get vaccinated. They are young and healthy but thought they needed it ahead of other people for some reason.

They tried to get it for weeks and were googling multiple counties in Texas where they could get it (I live in TX they dont) and asked to quarantine in our house and for rides to the airport I wouldn't give them.

They have been traveling around trying to get it and finally figured out that a poor West-Texas county was doing no questions asked vaccines because of a large number of undocumented workers in the meat packing industry that they wanted to vaccinate. They flew there this morning and got their first dose. I (and everyone else who knows them) has told them not to do it. They now want to fly back to our house to celebrate getting it. My wife is high risk and I just told them they are bad people and I really don't want to see them for a long time if ever.

Sucks finding out people you liked are bad/selfish assholes.

My parents who are both over 65 with health issues can't even get the vaccine, not to mention poor people who cant afford to take fucking vaccine vacations to other states.

damn. how did they take your and their other friends' reaction?