• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I like the adjustment to spirit emblems. I threw in the towel on the final boss because I didn't want to go farm more emblems.
If you pay for Cloud (PSN), you could've backed up the game to the cloud and then restore once you're out of spirit emblems. I did goofy things like this for Bloodborne & Sekiro cause I didnt feel it was fair I had to regrind items after getting spanked
edit: I'm assuming you dont burn money on PS+ so it wasnt an option

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People actually look down on others for enjoying a single player game the way they want to enjoy it? Time is a precious commodity and some people would rather spend that time enjoying their hobby the way they want to enjoy it without getting annihilated for hours on end just to make it through a story line.

The real knee slapper is how people try to correlate a person making the game easier for themselves into how they are in life.

Never knew that my success that I've had so far in life is all because of how I play videogames. What a ridiculous sentiment to have.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I've enjoyed the From games I've played and finished,Dark Souls,Dark Souls III and Bloodborne......but I've not tried Sekiro yet because at the age of 46 I'm not sure I've got the skills or patience to get through it.....and that's fine,no FOMO here.
If I do try it out it will be on the game designers terms though,and if it's too hard then that's ok I'll just put it down and move on.
People can do whatever they want with their own games though.....some of the posts in this thread are fucking embarrassing to read.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
If you pay for Cloud (PSN), you could've backed up the game to the cloud and then restore once you're out of spirit emblems. I did goofy things like this for Bloodborne & Sekiro cause I didnt feel it was fair I had to regrind items after getting spanked
edit: I'm assuming you dont burn money on PS+ so it wasnt an option
Sure that stuff is an option. I don't like lowering difficulties, but there comes a point where it just isn't worth the aggravation, so it'd be nice to just have a simple option to lower the difficulty instead of having to find workarounds like save-scumming.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Might actually get the game now and just load on this mod
Might actually buy the game with this mod, shame FROM just doesnt include easy modes
Does this work on existing saves ? I'm a little past the headless monkey boss and put it down since release. Just felt like a slog of a game. This could help ... but I don't want to start over.
I posted this a while back. This might be useful for people who are interested in easy mode without making the game too easy.

The mod in the OP makes the game too easy, apparently.
Here, I found some mods that look like more balanced than completely cheating the game or removing features.

ALL Prosthetic tools that deal damage have their damage increased in increments that increase per upgrade.

Most tools have also had their spirit embem costs lowered to encourage players to use the prosthetic more often during combat.

ALL Combat arts that use spirit emblems have had their costs lowered.

ALL Ninjutsus have had their emblem costs lowered.

ALL Spiritfalls have had their emblem costs lowered.

ALL Sugars/Spiritfalls have had their durations extended.

*Yashariku's Sugar now cuts player hp by 25% instead of 50%.

Living force's flame buff on the player's sword now lasts for 20 seconds instead of 7.5 seconds.

Bestowal's buff now lasts 45 seconds instead of 30 seconds.

The player can now hold a total of 10 pellets on their person.

The Maximum capacity of Spirit Emblems has been increased to 50 so that players can use prosthetics and combat arts more often during combat.

Ceremonial Tonto got a huge buff!
20 max red spirit emblems with ceremonial Tonto (instead of 5 max) therefore, you can now use it 4 times straight in a row for 20 red spirit emblems. (so 20 spirit emblems with a +20 Red Spirit Emblems counter is now possible) but that also means you sacrifice 2 health bars/4 healing gourds, so use wisely!

Both normal and Lazulite flame buff extended to 20s (normal) and 35 (lazulite)

Both versions of divine abduction last 30 seconds now when applied to sword, so you don't have to rush it.

Divine confetti now lasts for 65 seconds instead of 45.

Bestowal Ninjutsu now lasts 120 seconds but costs 12 spirit emblems (instead of 3 spirit emblems for a 30 second buff) (awesome but costly)

Puppeteer Ninjutsu lasts 5 minutes instead of 45 seconds (build a brief battalion if you want but they can still die)

5 max pellet instead of 3 (mainly added to accompany the added Tonto uses)

3 max divine grass instead of 1 (very rare so its fair)

All Mibu Balloons now last twice as long (because grinding is tedious)

Lapis lazuli now sells for 5000 (since its very rare)

50 max ceramic shards (if you wanna be a stealthy boi)

Light coin purse sell value now 250. Heavy coin purse sell value now 750. Bulging coin purse sell value now 1500. (think of it like a bonus for not immediately breaking it open, sell them instead!)

Five color rice has 50 uses now (never get lost again!)

There are also mods with very minor adjustment that will make the game that much easier:

This mod file will reduce damage by the choice of either 75% (Quarter) or 50% (Half) for both Vitality and Posture on all attack types including: Thrust, Piercing, Projectile, Melee.

There are three versions, each one for various dodge amounts in Souls games.
- Fat roll in DS1: 0.3 seconds of iframes
- Mid roll in DS1 and quick-step in Bloodborne: 0.36 seconds of iframes
- Fast roll in DS1 and DS3: 0.43 seconds of iframes

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
How is the PC port? Still waiting for it to get cheaper. I heard it was pretty bad at launch.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
You better not put this on your LinkedIn

"9 years at university, 3 phds, 2 masters, exemplary grades all around, welcome to the co.....what??? You beat a modded sekiro? Get out of here you filthy casual"

How is the PC port? Still waiting for it to get cheaper. I heard it was pretty bad at launch.

I run it at a rock solid 4k 60 on a two year old machine, i think from software ports have been pretty good since dark souls 2.

OP
OP
newmoneytrash

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Think you'll ever try it again without the mod? I bet you'd be a lot better at it by now.
i thought about loading my old save with the mod uninstalled but i think i'm probably just done with it. if anything it would push me back to bloodborne than anything else

nothing i encountered in my easy playthrough made me think that i would like to go back and see it at it's default difficulty

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Why in gods name are people making alt-accounts for the express purpose of gatekeeping From games? Is this really what it has come to?

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Pretty sure it didn't support ant]ything higher than 60fps or have ultra wide support, amongst other minor annoyances.
Yeah From games never seem to support UW sadly. Gotta hex edit in UW aspect ratios. But this is the case for most JPN developed games in my experience. They only seem aware of 16:9 aspect ratio and nothing else. There's a few outliers like Yakuza, Valkyria Chronicles 4, etc but they are fewer in number.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sad how some people seem to feel playing different than they do invalidates their "pure" run.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The mod is good for everyone. FROM get to keep making their games with their vision on difficulty and don't need to waste resources spending a lot of time balancing multiple difficulties and potentially messing it up, and players on PC can make it easier with mods if they wish.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Obviously there's nothing wrong with that! Though perhaps I'd be reluctant to add much extra attack damage to the game. I think making the game more forgiving but still forcing yourself to play through its systems as intended would make the game easier while preserving much of the intended experience.

Increasing attack damage just lets you slog through a fight without thinking, or learning.

Another way that you might make it easier could be to just increase the number of times that you can revive yourself. I think that could be the most interesting, as you could keep failing, but each time you always get the intended experience. This would fit into the narrative and game mechanics too, as by self reviving you still spread dragon rot, so it's not without its consequence.

Do what you want to the game though, it doesn't affect me. I just think that it's good to be think about how all of these changes affect the player experience. Some changes are better than others and I think a mod that changes the game as broadly as the one listed in the OP, is perhaps not the best approach to altering the difficulty.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sekiro would be an objectively better game if spirit emblems were infinite by default imo

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
Watching that video kinda makes me wish that modded difficulty was in game. I dont know what it is but something about the final boss makes me not want try.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_pg0wfrfu3e1xeb61wo1_1280.jpg

I always loved this, though, didn't know people were actually bothered by it.
I used to read IGN forums back then and it was pretty hilarious seeing the shock and outrage when the news broke out that US version of DMC3 will be harder than JPN release lol.

Excellent. I would say its the only way to properly play the game because not only does it have steady FPS, but the inherent lag that's present in console version is completely absent in PC version. People talk about "developer's vision" and "balance", but the bullshit you have to put up with in console versions because of variable framerate and input latency makes it way harder than PC version. I platinum'd it on PS4 then switched to PC version and by God, it was night and day with how consistently you could parry every single attack. It wasn't a fucking coin toss like on PS4.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why in gods name are people making alt-accounts for the express purpose of gatekeeping From games? Is this really what it has come to?

I've never gotten more angry replies on any thread on the internet than when I criticized a FromSoft game's difficulty. It's bizarre. Certainly hasn't endeared me to playing more of their offerings, that's for sure.

FOMO is strong with these games for whatever reason.

I don't know how easy or hard it is to mod a game, but I certainly wouldn't bother if it was a game that I've already tried playing and didn't like.

Been there. Everyone makes FromSoft games out to be the next coming of gaming Jesus online and sometimes you just want to try it out and be part of the hype. After trying Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne multiple times, I've come to the realization that they're just not for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

The OP just shot himself in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about From Software gamer cred (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Nintendo games where you can become successful by playing on easy mode. If you lower the difficulty in From Software games, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the ResetERA forum, after hearing about this, is not going to want to participate in any ERA thread you create, nor will they support any of your future patreons. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but the OP has alienated an entire forum with this move.
OP, publicly apologize and replay Sekiro the way it's meant to be played or you can kiss your gamer cred goodbye.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
There are actually people who are legitimately peeved that the OP modded a SP game to enjoy it? Get over it.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
ya'll are running alt-accounts because somebody is using an Easy Mode mod...get help, PLEASE
There are actually people who are legitimately peeved that the OP modded a SP game to enjoy it? Get over it.
I think people are confused. There are no more alt-accounts in here than there are in any other thread, and no one is saying the OP can't play in any manner they desire.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that people had an agenda; it's just that many posts seem completely misdirected.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I will forever link to this thread whenever someone claims the hardcore souls fanbase isn't toxic, this thread reads like a parody of toxic forum culture, it kinda makes me ashamed to be a from software fan.

It's getting out hand with these made up narratives, I think it's worth clearing this up. There are no more alt-accounts in here than there are in any other thread, and no one is saying the OP can't play in what manner they desire.

Three (or is it four? I lost count) in a 20 page thread sounds like kind of a lot to me, they might not have told him he could not play a modded sekiro but boy do they like telling him he is a wuss/not playing it right/a cheater/not respecting creative vision(whatever the fuck that even is)/not having fun with the game (lol) /not playing sekiro (that made me laugh) some dipshit even went so far as to suggest OP was a coward and a quitter in real life, so yeah, not looking so hot right now souls fans, y'all need to lighten up.

Last edited:

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
It's getting out hand with these made up narratives, I think it's worth clearing this up. There are no more alt-accounts in here than there are in any other thread, and no one is saying the OP can't play in what manner they desire.
On the first page alone, 2 people snarkily responded "You didn't play Sekiro then". Someone else posted "If you had to cheat to enjoy the game..."

They are either legitimately peeved and/or trolling.

The ironic thing is the OP knew exactly what he was getting into posting what he did, so who am I to judge.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
On the first page alone, 2 people snarkily responded "You didn't play Sekiro then". Someone else posted "If you had to cheat to enjoy the game..."

They are either legitimately peeved and/or trolling.

The ironic thing is the OP knew exactly what he was getting into posting what he did, so who am I to judge.
Sure, but they aren't suggesting that the OP can't play it however they want. They just see the experience/challenge as very different from the original one.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The people who scoff at others asking for an easy mode in a single player game remind me of those PC master race elitists.

The day From starts incorporating a "normal" difficulty mode is the day I'll start buying their games. Until then they are inaccessible to me. Just not enough time in the day to be frustrated and make very little progress.

If the game would lose all it's appeal with an optional easy mode, then it's NOT a good game.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
It's getting out hand with these made up narratives, I think it's worth clearing this up. There are no more alt-accounts in here than there are in any other thread

They are not saying people are running alt-accounts here more. They are pointing out the ridiculousness of some people doing that for this particular matter.

and no one is saying the OP can't play in any manner they desire.

Clearly you didn't read this entire thread.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Losing needs to be a good thing, people don't like losing but it needs to be embraced in everything even outside games, look more forward to the loss than the win

Everytime I play smash I hope the next person can beat me