• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
You're playing a modified version of sekiro, making it still sekiro. Lol
It's all just semantics at the end of the day.

The textures, the audio and the story is the same--but the game itself, the "experience" as a whole, is very much different if you don't need to take in what the game is trying to convey.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Good for you OP, fuck the naysayers. You enjoyed playing and that's all that matters at the end of the day. The naysayers on here can't take that away from you, try as they might.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
The souls games are just too damn difficult and too punishing. They should 100% offer easier modes to help players put. Whether they be younger or older, those with poor reflexes, those who don't have the time to redo whole sections over and over again just to get killed by a boss with one hit and have to start again, and basically for everyone paying their money for an experience who don't get to experience even a third of what the game has to offer because the gaming gods decided it should be impossible to play for all but the most dedicated (hello those who work with maybe an hours free time a day to commit to gaming!!).
I mean, just get a trainer if your on pc. Just type in trainer for dark souls and i'm sure something will pop up and then you can play the game with infinite hp, infinite stamina, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
Souls fan continue to be some of the most toxic, gatekeeping "fans" I've ever seen. I have a very hard time thinking of any other series that has fans as toxic, as gatekeeping and worship a series so much and attack others so consistently for not playing a game the way "they" like it and who reply to any sort of criticism of the games with "Git gud" or "These games aren't for you" or whining when people talk about easy modes. Also lol at the people legitimately replying with "You didn't beat it" or "Glad you had fun but I don't respect making the game easier" do you really think anyone at gives gives a crap about having the respect of a person who is attacking another human being for playing a VIDEO GAME in a different way then you did? Get some perspective. I say all of this as someone who has platinumed Demon Souls, platinumed Dark Souls 3 times (PS3, 360 and PS4 remaster, platinumed Dark Souls 2 (PS3/PS4), platinumed Dark Souls 3 and platinumed Bloodbourne.

Glad you had fun OP, I didn't know a mod like this existed. Always been curious about trying the game as the vista's, visuals, story and premise of the game look like something I'd love but that combat is something I'd never be able to do as it's not a case of "git gud" but I'm physically/motorly unable to do what the game would require to beat it. Might get this game one day now thanks to this mod as I might have an actual chance to play/beat it.
Most Soulsborne fans I've encountered are really helpful people. Anybody is more than willing to help you out with a boss and give you pointers. The "toxicity" comes from fans being badgered about their game and how it's too hard. If you cry the game's too hard the only response to say is "improve" or "get good". Because that's what it boils down too. You just have to get better, or play something else. People love Soulsbornes because they don't hold the player's hand and constantly punish them for the mistakes. We'll be defensive about it because not many games in the mainstream are like it.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Nice, thanks for sharing the mod. I was thinking in playing with a trainer but this looks better.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
if you don't have the time to play a game like dark souls or sekiro maybe play something else? these games are commitments, if you can't commit don't play it. and that's ok, not every game is for you. i don't play fighting games because I don't want to commit my time to learning combos and shit but I don't call for them to be changed.

You don't have to buy or play FROM games.
Yeah but what if you like the setting and you like a certain amount of challenge and fun from the combat? Bloodborne must be one of the most atmospheric and creepy games I've ever played but I could only get so far before the challenge basically halted any further progress. I want to see more of the game, I want to explore and see new enemies etc, but basically the game says No. I just don't get it. They can easily have a mode that gives the player benefits and takes power away from the enemies at the very least, and thus lets average players like me still see the game. I'll happily take less rewards or achievements if that's the penalty, I just want to experience the game to the end like others. It doesn't detract from others who want the difficulty and sense of achievement to let me also experience it on a more easy difficulty level.

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
Neither am I.

You buy the game, you can do whatever the hell you want with it but stop calling it *title* when you remove entire game mechanics and turn bosses and sections into a cakewalk.

You want the OP to stop calling the game's proper title? That's sounds like gatekeeping to me.

Deleted member 1120

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see a problem with modding a game to play how someone wants. Isn't that one of the benefits of playing on PC?

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Nice. I liked the regular game balance, but it's not for everyone.

I beat GoW 2018 on Give me God of War, but I was sad I couldn't drop the difficulty down to fight the final challenge boss. I just quit instead, because the grind bored me.
Sigrun n the other valks from my understanding have the stat stuff normalized. There is no RPGing out of those fights, you flat out gotta learn their moves and attack.

You can have certain perks, but raw damage n take damage is kept in check.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Souls fan continue to be some of the most toxic, gatekeeping "fans" I've ever seen. I have a very hard time thinking of any other series that has fans as toxic, as gatekeeping and worship a series so much and attack others so consistently for not playing a game the way "they" like it and who reply to any sort of criticism of the games with "Git gud" or "These games aren't for you" or whining when people talk about easy modes. Also lol at the people legitimately replying with "You didn't beat it" or "Glad you had fun but I don't respect making the game easier" do you really think anyone at gives gives a crap about having the respect of a person who is attacking another human being for playing a VIDEO GAME in a different way then you did? Get some perspective. He beat the game, no amount of "he didn't play the game as I did so he didn't play the same game" will change the fact that he played and beat Sekiro. I say all of this as someone who has platinumed Demon Souls, platinumed Dark Souls 3 times (PS3, 360 and PS4 remaster, platinumed Dark Souls 2 (PS3/PS4), platinumed Dark Souls 3 and platinumed Bloodbourne.

Glad you had fun OP, I didn't know a mod like this existed. Always been curious about trying the game as the vista's, visuals, story and premise of the game look like something I'd love but that combat is something I'd never be able to do as it's not a case of "git gud" but I'm physically/motorly unable to do what the game would require to beat it. Might get this game one day now thanks to this mod as I might have an actual chance to play/beat it.
Again, type in trainer for sekiro into google something will pop up if you really want to play the game that badly but can't be asked to learn the game. What's going on in this thread seems to be arguing over pointless semantics ("YOU DIDN'T PLAY THE GAME!!" 'YES I DID, I JUST MODIFIED IT!!!"). If you want to get upset about sematics, go ahead but that seems like a waste of time.

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah but what if you like the setting and you like a certain amount of challenge and fun from the combat? Bloodborne must be one of the most atmospheric and creepy games I've ever played but I could only get so far before the challenge basically halted any further progress. I want to see more of the game, I want to explore and see new enemies etc, but basically the game says No. I just don't get it. They can easily have a mode that gives the player benefits and takes power away from the enemies at the very least, and thus lets average players like me still see the game. I'll happily take less rewards or achievements if that's the penalty, I just want to experience the game to the end like others. It doesn't detract from others who want the difficulty and sense of achievement to let me also experience it on a more easy difficulty level.

It's hilarious to me because Souls fans basically say "WITHOUT DIFFICULTY THE GAME IS NOTHING." I've recently seen someone say that the games would be nothing but "mediocre action games" without the punishing difficulty.

The games are more than just the difficulty. There's the visuals, the art, the music, the atmosphere, the exploration, etc...

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I did the same thing with Half Life as a kid. I suppose if people really just care to see all the environments that they find impressive an easy mode is nice to have. But the thing I always learned from finally finishing Half Life with noclip and god mode on was that it's a super unfulfilling experience to just cheat through a game by working against its intended dynamics.

NoctisLC

Jun 5, 2018
I mean why not just use invincibility cheats at that point. Not like you're playing the game anyway.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
If you had fun with a game then you've had fun with a game. That's why we play them, for fun.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
It doesn't detract from others who want the difficulty and sense of achievement to let me also experience it on a more easy difficulty level.
Sorry, but who are you to decide this for others?

I think it detracts massively from a game when you can just overcome any challenge with a mere option change.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
Thing is in a game like Bloodborne the difficulty adds to the atmosphere. If everything was piss easy to kill, Bloodborne wouldn't be as threatening or memorable. If you like the settings but can't get into the games you can always watch it, read up lore, etc. There's plenty of ways to get into it without actually playing the games nowadays. And a game like Bloodborne can easily be cheesed if you really want that.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the increased sales if they just added a mode like this that a regular person at home made probably in a few days and didn't change the other difficulty modes.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the increased sales if they just added a mode like this that a regular person at home made probably in a few days and didn't change the other difficulty modes.

The game already gives you "tools" to make the game easier. The hardest bosses in the game aid in improving your gameplay and understanding of the mechanics. That said, I am fine with FROM adding an easy mode. So more people enjoy the game. OP, you do you.

Oct 26, 2017
Thing is in a game like Bloodborne the difficulty adds to the atmosphere. If everything was piss easy to kill, Bloodborne wouldn't be as threatening or memorable. If you like the settings but can't get into the games you can always watch it, read up lore, etc. There's plenty of ways to get into it without actually playing the games nowadays. And a game like Bloodborne can easily be cheesed if you really want that.
But they want to play the game, not read lore for a game that they have no connection to, and no one who's asking for an easy mode is asking for the game to be made piss easy. Just to make it easier. I'm sure you guys don't see an issue with the game becoming harder on repeated playthroughs but somehow going the other way around for an option is an affront on the Souls games divine principles

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I am going to try this mod out, i got through bloodborne without too much trouble by just being good at dodging, i was never fully able to enjoy sekiro because of its increased emphasis on blocking and parrying, my terrible old man reactions made it a bit too hard for me, this sounds like a good way for me to enjoy the game without wanting to tear my hair out in frustration every 5 minutes.

Difficulty mods might be the way to go with from software games since some it's fanbase seems to get insulted by the notion of difficulty levels.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Most Soulsborne fans I've encountered are really helpful people. Anybody is more than willing to help you out with a boss and give you pointers. The "toxicity" comes from fans being badgered about their game and how it's too hard. If you cry the game's too hard the only response to say is "improve" or "get good". Because that's what it boils down too. You just have to get better, or play something else. People love Soulsbornes because they don't hold the player's hand and constantly punish them for the mistakes. We'll be defensive about it because not many games in the mainstream are like it.
Or you can do what the OP did.

Imagine being personally insulted and offended that someone else played a single player game in a way that you didn't approve of, even though the way they're playing has absolutely no objective effect on the way you play. I salute the people who modded this game.

This.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
But they want to play the game, not read lore for a game that they have no connection to, and no one who's asking for an easy mode is asking for the game to be made piss easy. Just to make it easier. I'm sure you guys don't see an issue with the game becoming harder on repeated playthroughs but somehow going the other way around for an option is an affront on the Souls games divine principles
you can make it easier by playing with the tonitous or the sawcleaver (r1 spam). or just overleveling. the hardest bosses of Bloodborne is probably Ludwig, Orphan, and Shadows of Yarn (me personally, hate multi person boss fights lol). A lot of other bosses are either complete pushovers or quick to find weakness too (Blood-starved beast can be distracted with the cocktail things, he has no frames so he's easy to parry, etc.)

picorin81

Avenger
Nov 4, 2017
I used a trainer for the final boss, and I dont feel bad at all I just wanted to beat the game and see the true ending with low effort so I do understand you OP

play the game as you pleased

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot to mention that right now I'm playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey with unlimited oxygen, unlimited arrows, and 2x exp right now, and wouldn't have it any other way.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being personally insulted and offended that someone else played a single player game in a way that you didn't approve of, even though the way they're playing has absolutely no objective effect on the way you play. I salute the people who modded this game.

Scary_Larry

Banned
Jan 3, 2019
It's hilarious to me because Souls fans basically say "WITHOUT DIFFICULTY THE GAME IS NOTHING." I've recently seen someone say that the games would be nothing but "mediocre action games" without the punishing difficulty.

The games are more than just the difficulty. There's the visuals, the art, the music, the atmosphere, the exploration, etc...

Ah, don't say things like that. It takes away from the narrative of the From fan boys. The elitist opinions of this series is some of the most toxic in gaming, period. That includes this site as well. Laughable.

Oct 26, 2017
you can make it easier by playing with the tonitous or the sawcleaver (r1 spam). or just overleveling. the hardest bosses of Bloodborne is probably Ludwig, Orphan, and Shadows of Yarn (me personally, hate multi person boss fights lol). A lot of other bosses are either complete pushovers or quick to find weakness too (Blood-starved beast can be distracted with the cocktail things, he has no frames so he's easy to parry, etc.)
Over leveling takes extra time investment that not every player will want or have the time to do, especially for a game they already find hard to approach or get into. The others are options but they're not enough for most folk

Now, I'm not saying that From Software are obligated or need to add easier difficulty modes. I just don't see why it's an issue to add them in the first place

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro

It's like the only merit of the games are their difficulty, right? I actually dig everything about the game BUT the difficulty.

Oct 25, 2017
Cool that apparently saying "you didn't actually beat the game" (which is something I personally disagree with) is incredibly toxic, but calling the people who say this "Pathetic, laughable, stupid" is totally ok.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
you would have had a more authentic experience with the game if you just turned on double, triple or infinite life. Still get your ass kicked but with less consequence, instead of being all overpowered

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The current PS4 Sekiro completion rate is exactly 24,4%. Boot up your PS4 and check.

DS Remastered´s completion rate should be in the low 40% (there are 2 endings) as the bosses right before have a mid 40% completion rare.
DS2 SotfS´s completion rate is exactly 31,9%.
DS3´s completion rate should be in the high 30% (there are 3 endings) as the bosses right before have a low 40% completion rate.
BB´s seems to be somewhere in the mid 20% (there are 3 endings) which is weird as that game ain´t that hard. I blame it on PS+.

Nioh´s dropped to exactly 16,1%. Likely due to PS+.
Edit: Generation overview done. The player retention rate is clearly an issue with Sekiro.

Last edited:

Scary_Larry

Banned
Jan 3, 2019
Cool that apparently saying "you didn't actually beat the game" (which is something I personally disagree with) is incredibly toxic, but calling the people who say this "Pathetic, laughable, stupid" is totally ok.

Point still stands and holds water. To think otherwise is naive imo. As someone that enjoys these games, it's really easy to come up with that conclusion really quickly by going into any video game forum about the Souls series.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
"Yes! I got a shiny Lugia!"

"Did you encounter it the first try like the developers intended?"

"Wait, how am I—"

"OH."

Was that the devs intention? Overcoming challenges is what Miyazaki wants the player to do. Do you realize FromSoft is intentionally omiting difficulty modes or are you under the impression they can't implement them?

I feel like this is the same discussion whenever people want FromSoft to include an easy mode. They carved out a niche for themselves and are incredibly successful right now.

I firmly believe Dark Souls would never have been a big hit if it had an easy mode.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
Does this mean if I save scum in RPGs I'm not really playing the game?
Lmao.
OP is basically using game shark to get all level 99 and max ultra pokeballs. But hey if he has no shame in that then who cares? You just can't expect GameFreak to allow an official "start all pokemon at max level" option in the next Pokémon game just like you should never expect an invincible mod in From games. If you need it, do what OP did instead of typing gatekeeping 30 times on a forum.