• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bromancer

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not going to tell you you're a great person or whatever because I don't know you. But you make it sound like you have no redeeming qualities. Even though it's clear you're a clever individual, just from the way you worded your OP.

Maybe you're worthless to yourself. But you could be of tremendous value to someone else. Plenty of people are living hard lives and would love a helping hand, some guidance or just someone to listen. So if your time on this planet is worthless to you, try donating it to someone else. It would take a very special person to be truly worthless under the right circumstances.

Don't fool yourself into thinking killing yourself is the rational decision to make. If life is actually unbearable to you, even if you know you're not worthless - if you're experiencing guaranteed, continual suffering, then I'm sorry for you. But it doesn't sound like that's it. It just sounds like you hate yourself.

I hope you'll wait out the storm. What have you got to lose?

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC

If you don't like what you see in the mirror you have the ability to change it.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
OP, we talked last time. I'll say it again... this is distortion. I guarantee you escape from this is possible but you have to try. Please don't ever give up, because the people actively making this world worse will stay here, and no matter how bad you think you are, you have more inherent right to life than they do.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I want to ask OP, what do you feel right now, talking to us, each and everyone of us trying to tell you to not do this? You're still here, talking to us, asking us an answer, that has to mean something to you right? Why would you want to spend time on this forum and creating this thread otherwise?

Deepdown you want to survive, and you will! Everyone here is cheering on you! And sure it won't help you find what you should do exactly going forward, but everyone here will be happy to be there all the way! Try something new and create a thread about it, well be there, try to change something about you and we'll be there, try to just be yourself and we'll be there!

You'll never be truly alone, and i think you know that, that's why you keep coming to us! Nobdy has the magic answer, but we'll work with you to find it little by little! Ask for help, around you or just here! Even if we're far apart you'll find the help you need

Please reconsider, go to sleep and come back to this thread again, you have all the time in the world to change it! Yes it will hurt, it will not be easy, but at least it will lead to something!

I know what it's like to feel like that, like we talked last time, i suck at everything and have absolutely no talent, but im the end it shouldn't defines me or you, who cares if i have no talent? What's important is to live for yourself, and think of yourself first and foremost! With time i'm sure we'll find something that's worth living for

OP
OP
GARlock Spiral
Dec 21, 2017
you're stronger than you' give yourself credit for. you've taken the knocks and you're still here, though it hurts.
you've still got the fight left in you. I hope you use it for yourself.

No, "the fight" means that i'm just a human punching bag who has learned he can't dish it out. I've learned the hard way.

Just wait out the storm. What have you got to lose?
Said storm has been my whole life. Got me there about the lack of redeeming qualities. I'm...not as bad as Donald Trump, that's something, right?

Alright, it's time to take the gloves off (joking aside here). I'm almost a full time therapist and have put all my time and energy into helping those with addiction and suicidal actions. I have seen the worst of the worst.

I'm going to confront you here, confrontation is healthy and therapeutic. People I'm this thread have given you amazing advice. Let's be honest, per cognitive behavioral therapy you are doing a lot of thinking errors that contribute to several of your problems. You're discounting the positive and focusing on the negative, you think you have s crystal ball, you're participating In generalizations.

with that in mind, you have a lot to live for. Thousands of people on this site give a damn about you. It may not be the people you want ,but they care about you. Suicide may seem like an escape, but it's also a regret. You say you don't have faith in anything, but spiral that is false. The fact you're still here posting tells me you have a ounce of faith left.

I implore you to look into your faith. Look into yourself. You keep discounting every post here that is positive - saying life has no positivity. That's the lens you are wearing in your glasses. That's probably a core belief you've had for some time, CBT therapy can help modify that. If you keep the lens on that life sucks, there is nothing good, you will stay that way. Make no mistake, I'm not saying this is all your fault, but the first step stops with you. Change that lens. Use a technique called reframing; maybe life has some shitty parts, but even the darkest moments have a glimmer of light. I impore you to re read the posts here. To change your lens, modify you're core beliefs and experiment with a new outlook on life. What's the worst that could happen?

one famous quote I like is the darkest nights make the brightest stars. You've been at the worst already - you've tried 2 times and you are still here, for areason. You are meant for this earth. I just hope one day you accept that.

I can't afford therapy. Everything is tertiary until I get a new job, and that's laughable until i figure out whatever McJob will hire me. My star is not bright, there's only infinite darkness. Thinking light exists here is toxically naive.

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017
It could, but it won't. This is just nature's way of telling me i'm not cut out for it and to look elsewhere. But the thing is, there isn't anything else I like. I've been desperately searching for some sort of reason to live for the past decade only to realize there is none. To me it's not worth looking because I've been beaten over the head with the answer.

Nature is not telling you that, you are telling yourself that. What you have been shows you that you have to look at other avenues. There is more to life than jobs and certificates. If you don't know what you want to do now, that is normal and it is not even a priority right now. Look at other things that can make you happy. You shouldn't rate your happiness based on what other people appear to be doing or what you think is expected of you; rather base it on something that you know deep inside will bring you joy. If you don't know what that is right now, there are professionals that can help you. We are not professionals here but we can also do our best.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Things may seem bad but they are never hopeless. Your brain is lying to you. Please call the hotline and talk it out with someone.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
No, "the fight" means that i'm just a human punching bag who has learned he can't dish it out. I've learned the hard way.

Said storm has been my whole life. Got me there about the lack of redeeming qualities. I'm...not as bad as Donald Trump, that's something, right?

I can't afford therapy. Everything is tertiary until I get a new job, and that's laughable until i figure out whatever McJob will hire me. My star is not bright, there's only infinite darkness. Thinking light exists here is toxically naive.

There are therapist that offer sliding scales to those who can't afford it. There are also free online variants along with hotlines. You say thinking light is toxically naive, but I would confront that with thinking there's only darkness is equally toxic to your life and naive

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No.

No, it absolutely will not. It will not no matter how hard I try or what I do in life.

Not once in the last ten years has it ever been decent, let alone worth living for one single second.

The cold, hard realization that there is absolutely nothing in life worth it for me hit pretty bad.

For me, it's hopeless. I'm hopeless and there's nothing that can be done to inspire that one bit.
Your brain is lying to you. I know this is hard to internalize, because your lying brain is telling you that you're right and I don't know what I'm talking about, but...how would you know, *if* your brain were lying to you, that it were doing so?

So many people thought exactly the same thoughts, and now they're living lives better than they could have imagined. Please seek help; we all want you here with us.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Alright, it's time to take the gloves off (joking aside here). I'm almost a full time therapist and have put all my time and energy into helping those with addiction and suicidal actions. I have seen the worst of the worst.

I'm going to confront you here, confrontation is healthy and therapeutic. People I'm this thread have given you amazing advice. Let's be honest, per cognitive behavioral therapy you are doing a lot of thinking errors that contribute to several of your problems. You're discounting the positive and focusing on the negative, you think you have s crystal ball, you're participating In generalizations.

with that in mind, you have a lot to live for. Thousands of people on this site give a damn about you. It may not be the people you want ,but they care about you. Suicide may seem like an escape, but it's also a regret. You say you don't have faith in anything, but spiral that is false. The fact you're still here posting tells me you have a ounce of faith left.

I implore you to look into your faith. Look into yourself. You keep discounting every post here that is positive - saying life has no positivity. That's the lens you are wearing in your glasses. That's probably a core belief you've had for some time, CBT therapy can help modify that. If you keep the lens on that life sucks, there is nothing good, you will stay that way. Make no mistake, I'm not saying this is all your fault, but the first step stops with you. Change that lens. Use a technique called reframing; maybe life has some shitty parts, but even the darkest moments have a glimmer of light. I impore you to re read the posts here. To change your lens, modify you're core beliefs and experiment with a new outlook on life. What's the worst that could happen?

one famous quote I like is the darkest nights make the brightest stars. You've been at the worst already - you've tried 2 times and you are still here, for areason. You are meant for this earth. I just hope one day you accept that.

This. I hope hearing from a therapist can help you see what we're still trying to tell you. This perception is your enemy and you can beat it, please. Just stay and keep trying and it can get better.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
There are therapist that offer sliding scales to those who can't afford it. There are also free online variants along with hotlines. You say thinking light is toxically naive, but I would confront that with thinking there's only darkness is equally toxic to your life and naive
To further elaborate on this, seeing someone like a social worker(who won't charge you anything) can help immensely if you feel like you can't find anything within your financial restrictions. They can assist you with medication, therapy, financial and nutritional assistance.

OP
OP
GARlock Spiral
Dec 21, 2017
That's the spirit. You really gonna let that fuckstick outlive you??
Sure.

To further elaborate on this, seeing someone like a social worker(who won't charge you anything) can help immensely if you feel like you can't find anything within your financial restrictions. They can assist you with medication, therapy, financial and nutritional assistance.
It's not just that. I've had difficulty with therapists and going through the finding someone you can trust motions is just something I don't have the energy for these days.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
It could, but it won't. This is just nature's way of telling me i'm not cut out for it and to look elsewhere. But the thing is, there isn't anything else I like. I've been desperately searching for some sort of reason to live for the past decade only to realize there is none. To me it's not worth looking because I've been beaten over the head with the answer.

There's no rule of the universe or divine power giving you that answer though. It's just a flaw of the mind that makes it seem that way, and makes it seem so certain—it'd be worth calling the hotlines linked here, finding a (free) therapist, finding medication that would work for you, etc. If those options can work for as many people as they do, it's worth a shot. Even if those don't work out or are't ideal, it's worth looking into if only to try.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Sure.

It's not just that. I've had difficulty with therapists and going through the finding someone you can trust motions is just something I don't have the energy for these days.

Don't get me wrong I get that. Finding a therapist you click with is hard - you're opening up to a stranger about the intimate details of your life. That can be rough, and hard because not everyone has a good connection. But you won't know until you find out. Sometimes it takes going through many therapist to find the right one, it's like dating. you don't expect to find your soulmate right away, right? I've had that struggle to,finding a good therapist. But the harsh reality is if you are using energy doing that negative thinking, if you can do that, every now and then you can try a new therapist. I'd even recommend an online one so it's cheaper less energy and less of a burden

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
I've stuck around long enough to regret surviving two previous attempts. I don't have faith in anything, especially claims that ~30 years of life have contradicted. You'd have to back that up with some reciepts.

I still find it hard to talk about, and I haven't in any full capacity outside of one or two people, but okay, I'll keep it brief.

Last year my fiance fell pregnant, we were always practicing safe sex but one time we got unlucky. She was amidst a PhD in neurology and i was working, the stress of a baby was the last thing she wanted although I was sure I could handle the responsibility and take most of the weight off her shoulders, and a lot of me really wanted to. I told her this was her decision and I'd support her through whichever conclusion, she decided abortion was for the best as she just wasnt ready. That hurt me more than I ever thought it would, though I didnt let it show, but part of me agreed too. She was the woman of my dreams and I wanted it all with her so I thought when the timing is better we'd have that opportunity again. Long story short, post abortion she spiralled into depression as a result whilst trying to juggle the workload of her studying. I suppressed all of my emotions in attempt to be there for her, but things just got worse and worse and in the end she decided she couldn't be in the relationship anymore.

I tried to pick up the pieces over the next coming months but I was just distraught yet for whatever reason I felt too ashamed to reach out, my productivity at work plummeted and I lost my job as a result. I couldn't find anything else, nor did i feel like I had the energy to, meaning I could no longer afford the rent of the property we once shared together. My only option was to move back home to my parents. At the time me and my father did not have the best relationship, and being there was incredibly uncomfortable for me, I couldn't tell them what had happened so I made up lies. Eventually I found the courage to open up to my closest friend and three months later he died in a motorcycle accident. I couldn't handle life anymore at all at that point and wanted out. I tried a couple times and on the second attempt my mother caught me. She had no clue where I was at and I just let it all out. After that I got the support I needed and it saved my life. This year I've moved away from home and I'm doing a degree in something I'm really passionate about and I've met a lot of new great people that are a big part of my life.

Things do get better, trust me. I'm still going through the motions, and a lot of that will stick with me, but I'm getting better at handling it and accepting it. You can too.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018

I can't afford therapy. Everything is tertiary until I get a new job, and that's laughable until i figure out whatever McJob will hire me.

I have had clinical depression for 14 years of my life. Each and all of our depressions are different, but I was saying a lot of things you're saying. But obviously I don't know exactly your situation or how you're feeling.

The fact of the matter is no matter your situation with depression: it can ALWAYS get better. Sure it can get worse, but even then, it's more likely to get better if you keep chipping at it day by day. As others have said, a loooot of therapists offer sliding scales. There's a website JUST for those therapists (I'll try to find it; a friend sent it to me when I was deep in my rut).

But day by day, you'll feel like the weight is getting lighter with a good therapist and eventually the right medicine. (Or any form of medicinal therapy you elect to choose that works for you. At least one WILL work. It took me 6 different treatments but within a month or two, I started feeling life differently.

Keep chipping away, keep fighting. Every fight with depression is winnable. It's a battle of attrition but keep making even baby steps to keep you fighting and eventually finally get you the help to give you the reinforcement you need to kick its ass.

Sorry if this sounds jumbled. I wrote this in Cane's right after finishing some chicken fingers. But I'm rooting for you and all of us in this thread are too. You got this.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not letting you go anywhere GARlock. You have to stay here and here me bitch about Game of Thrones until the end of time.

OP
OP
GARlock Spiral
Dec 21, 2017
I'm not letting you go anywhere GARlock. You have to stay here and here me bitch about Game of Thrones until the end of time.

Ehh, GoT wasn't that bad. TLJ already lowered the bar for hyped, dissapointing things.

Well just keep talking to us then. I am curious what are some of your hobbies?
I don't have any. I get on the computer in between bouts of studying. Hobbies are for if i can find a job in the future.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sure.

Yeah, i've been there. I spent basically a year just laying in bed, doing nothing but feeling truly terrible. Somehow, I made it though. I also had a similarly nihilistic mindset. You could NOT prove me wrong that my life didn't matter and that reality itself sucked. Eventually I got really tired of being tired. (That kind of depression takes it toll on you mentally and physically.) I was burnt out of being burnt out and I started to long for video games, friends and the wider world. I remembered things that made me happy, people I loved and my own potential as a human being. These feelings somehow arose despite how little I thought of myself and what I believed about life. Therapy helped, loved ones helped and medication helped but what helped most of all was my own survival instinct and my belief that I was worth a damn is what helped most. I know that you said that you don't have accesses to many of those things, but you do have control over you own life and I believe that like me, deep down inside, you want to live and you want to thrive. From what I can gather, this isn't your first time considering self -harm, that means that you have something within you that wants to live. It may not be conscious but it's there, it's powerful and it's very much you. No matter what, keep fighting.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Don't do it OP. I know everything sucks right now and you are feeling hopeless, but I can tell you that I've been there and have had the same crazy thoughts but I'm still here and so are you. There are people here to help.

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017
I don't have any. I get on the computer in between bouts of studying. Hobbies are for if i can find a job in the future.

Not necessarily. You can still do stuff that you enjoy while you are between jobs and studying; play games on your computer, watch movies/anime, etc. You seem to like Star Wars, are you looking forward to The Rise of Skywalker?

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey buddy. You got to stick around to share your thoughts on star wars with us, share your thoughts on videogames and comics. You can't leave. We need more people like you.

It may seem hopeless and shit, it usually is but you can't let life win. Because fuck life. I mean look at what it's taken from you. Look at all it's done.

But you can't let life win. Can't let that asshole take you completely. Thrive. Fucking show life that you won't yield to it.

Take back what it took from you.

Don't give up.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been doing a lot of self reflection, but the major factor of it, is me. I'm the common denominator in all the deficiencies of my life. I've spent the last few years trying to be more than a worthless loser, but reality says that would be overstating myself by quite a bit. There is no help available when the problem is everything you see in the mirror.
I've been living through the exact same thing for a time now.

Which, at least, means you're not alone.

EDIT: I don't know if you realize this, but this also means that you're in a dark, dark, dark place.

Nov 1, 2017
Please don't give up on us. We need more empathetic people such as yourself in this world.

Between the long nights during this time of year and the pressure that the holidays puts us to "be joyful", it's okay to feel low. I've had some very close calls in my life, yet I am now so grateful that I'm here today. I don't know what changed. I wish I could explain it. I still feel low from time to time, but I know I'll get through it. Heck, I'm in a rut right now, feeling stressed on a daily basis these past few weeks. But it gets easier, I think.

We're here for you. <hugs>

OP
OP
GARlock Spiral
Dec 21, 2017
Please don't give up on us. We need more empathetic people such as yourself in this world.

Between the long nights during this time of year and the pressure that the holidays puts us to "be joyful", it's okay to feel low. I've had some very close calls in my life, yet I am now so grateful that I'm here today. I don't know what changed. I wish I could explain it. I still feel low from time to time, but I know I'll get through it. Heck, I'm in a rut right now, feeling stressed on a daily basis these past few weeks.

We're here for you. <hugs>

What gave you the impression i'm empathetic?

Oct 28, 2017
I like to make ppl laugh if they're feeling down. I've always been told laughter is the best medicine. 😊

gold-digger1.gif

giphy.gif

Hope you feel better OP . Everyone's here for you.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Life hasn't been great for me the past few years, and it just keeps getting exponentially worse.

I've been doing a lot of self reflection, but the major factor of it, is me. I'm the common denominator in all the deficiencies of my life. I've spent the last few years trying to be more than a worthless loser, but reality says that would be overstating myself by quite a bit. There is no help available when the problem is everything you see in the mirror. I'm too far gone to even start putting myself back together into something worth a damn.

ERA, you've at least tried to help me out and that was somewhat touching. If I could feel anything, it would probably warm my heart just a bit. As such, I felt I should at least say goodbye to someone. For what it's worth, congrats. I'd say it was fun, but I don't know what that's like.

With that said, that makes this a Goodbye.

I was just thinking about you earlier this week, wondering how you were doing. I tried finding the last thread where we talked, but this place moves a mile a minute and you can only see your last handful of notifications.

Don't go out like this, man. Keep talking to us, or anyone. There's always another way. Let us help, or at least try. Please.

OP
OP
GARlock Spiral
Dec 21, 2017
You are interacting with people out of will. You like to talk about movies and get connected to the plots. These are hallmarks of empathy.
Gotcha. I always feel like I come across as selfish since everyone except me has someone else. :p

So fuckin' what? If they need to make this thread ten more times, they should make it ten more times. Are you seriously trying to police a thread like this? WTF?
He's right though. It's my fault for letting myself get this depressed. I thought I could handle those certs but turns out I was wrong.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
He's right though. It's my fault for letting myself get this depressed. I thought I could handle those certs but turns out I was wrong.

That's implying you have absolute dominion over your own neurochemistry. And you don't. Don't beat yourself up over this. A bunch of us are and have been (and will continue to be) telling you that this is a matter of a disordered perception. Everything that you hate about yourself is a consequence of this very perception that tells you there is no out. They are connected and you can make it and you deserve to make it.

OP
OP
GARlock Spiral
Dec 21, 2017
That's implying you have absolute dominion over your own neurochemistry. And you don't. Don't beat yourself up over this. A bunch of us are and have been (and will continue to be) telling you that this is a matter of a disordered perception. Everything that you hate about yourself is a consequence of this very perception that tells you there is no out. They are connected and you can make it and you deserve to make it.

No, this is my punishment. I've failed at something very basic. I KEEP failing at something basic because i'm criminally retarded and have to find a new job and i'm not sure where to even start. I have to beat myself up over it because i'm not good enough and I thought i was. My bad.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
No, this is my punishment. I've failed at something very basic. I KEEP failing at something basic because i'm criminally retarded and have to find a new job and i'm not sure where to even start. I have to beat myself up over it because i'm not good enough and I thought i was. My bad.
That's a lie that your mind is telling you. I don't care if it takes a hundred of us or one thousand of us, if you stick around long enough you'll see that.

OP
OP
GARlock Spiral
Dec 21, 2017
What aspect about getting dope tattoos and owning puppies sounds dull to you?

Everything sounds dull to me.

That's a lie that your mind is telling you. I don't care if it takes a hundred of us or one thousand of us, if you stick around long enough you'll see that.
No, it takes me four+ months to do something it takes an average person three weeks at best to do, and I STILL fail. That's not what my mind is telling me, those are actual, calculable results. I can't complete the first step I need to get absolutely ANYWHERE. I'm an absolute failure, and those are facts.

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017
Gotcha. I always feel like I come across as selfish since everyone except me has someone else. :p

If you're selfish then I am selfish since I also don't really have anyone...lol, but that isn't selfishness. My best and pretty much only friend is in Poland studying dentistry right now while I have a degree and still working at McDonalds without many people that I can consider friends. I am 25, gay and living with homophobic parents which throws out prospects of a relationship. I am gonna bet that there are tons of people here on these forums that are in a similar situation as us (hence why we come here, because we like interacting with other people who share our interests).

Also the depression is not your fault either. When you are sad and anxious for prolonged periods, your brain's chemistry changes (of course genetics are a factor here as well). If you are not ready to seek professional help yet, that is totally fine. You can make 1 billion threads and we will be there for you.

Oct 29, 2017
This community is here for you, bro! Keep posting in here, we're all here to talk to YOU. Whatever you wanna chat about. There will never not be people here for you, seriously. Please keep moving, please keep going.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
No, it takes me four+ months to do something it takes an average person three weeks at best to do, and I STILL fail. That's not what my mind is telling me, those are actual, calculable results. I can't complete the first step I need to get absolutely ANYWHERE. I'm an absolute failure, and those are facts.

Man, I have the same thing. It's called depression and executive dysfunction. It's treatable and even if it weren't, you still have a fundamental right to life. It doesn't make you worthless.

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017

I am going to guarantee you that you are overlooking achievements in your life and are fixating on the bad stuff. That's the mindset depression puts us in, especially when we start thinking and ruminating about every single failure. It gets us to a state where we just don't want to do anything, especially when a depressive episode hits us hard. Also, just because you had some failures in life doesn't mean that you are failure.

OP
OP
GARlock Spiral
Dec 21, 2017
I am going to guarantee you that you are overlooking achievements in your life and are fixating on the bad stuff. That's the mindset depression puts us in, especially when we start thinking and ruminating about every single failure. It gets us to a state where we just don't want to do anything, especially when a depressive episode hits us hard. Also, just because you had some failures in life doesn't mean that you are failure.

No, i'm not. Achievements are only as useful as what they can unlock. My college degree? Absolutely useless. "SOME failures?" No , my whole LIFE is a failure. This is just the latest in a string of absolutely non-successes. I haven't succeeded at anything in my life. I'm an absolute loser by all definitions.

Man, I have the same thing. It's called depression and executive dysfunction. It's treatable and even if it weren't, you still have a fundamental right to life. It doesn't make you worthless.
It does when I need that to pass. I don't have it, I'm too stupid to get it, and that's that. I'm too stupid to be in my own career line.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado

No, they aren't. There's no Maximum Allowable Depression here, and your depression is not your fault; that's literally your depression talking, convincing you to beat yourself up for things that aren't your fault and are beyond your complete, immediate control.

Make as many threads as you need to, man. There's no limit. If we can have 700,000 threads about how The Last Jedi has ruined everything forever, we can damn sure take the time to talk to a someone in need, as often as they need it.

OP
OP
GARlock Spiral
Dec 21, 2017
You can do it, just not without your depression under control.

It won't ever get under control if I don't have a job. I need that to get a job.

No, they aren't. There's no Maximum Allowable Depression here, and your depression is not your fault; that's literally your depression talking, convincing you to beat yourself up for things that aren't your fault and are beyond your complete, immediate control.

Make as many threads as you need to, man. There's no limit. If we can have 700,000 threads about how The Last Jedi has ruined everything forever, we can damn sure take the time to talk to a someone in need, as often as they need it.

No, trying to take a test beyond my means WAS my fault. I bit off more than I can chew and learned my place in life the hard way.