• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Same as me, it's normal for some. I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits, drink a lot of water. Still takes 4-5 days since almost 30 years for me and my doctor said "every body is different, if you feel no pains with that or any other problems, you're ok"

cirr

Oct 26, 2017
Northern VA
i'm with you up. I poop every 4-5 days on average and eat lots of fiber and drink a bunch of water. Yes, the poops are gigantic.

been doing it since i was born. my mom and dad told me that even as a baby all my poos were like they were done by a bear.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Sounds like you need more a regular diet. Snacking here and there as your main food source is not healthy. You probably don't consume nearly enough fiber.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
OP I'm a casual pooper also, don't let these hardcore poopers bully you into thinking that you need to be pooping more. just because you poop fewer times than these popping enthusiasts doesn't mean you aren't real pooper.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I pop a shot every night before bed 😉

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Hm. The longest I go without shitting is two days, and in those circumstances it's always because I'm mildly constipated. I'm pretty sure you should be having one good shit a day.

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
People keep suggesting fibre, but it really sounds like OP just isn't eating enough. This isn't a pooping issue. Low frequency pooping is a symptom of the problem.

I ain't a doctor though, please talk to a professional!

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
What's the blue balls equivalent of pooping? Blue colon? 'Cause this thread is giving me that

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
That's fine, I don't go number 2 or even number 1 that often. But I've always been that way.

Don't let these frequent poopers get in your head OP. While they're on the can, you're out there living your best life.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You should eat more. Are you very thin? At least once every two days. At least! Once daily is the norm.

samoscratch

Nov 25, 2017
I had an unbroken two and a half footer the other day, I shit you not.
iu

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Once a week seems like super egregiously low. You should probably check with a doctor if you're eating enough/if your bowels are OK.

May 18, 2018
You're not eating enough or its your diet. Diets high in fat and low in fiber will do this. You need to take something like activia or just eat more to keep it movin' down there. But to answer your question, you'll be fine.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
To all poop haters check this lifehack out; down 1/4 cup food oil before and after every meal. Your loaf will come out smooth as silk.

Theworld

Alt-account
Banned
Aug 6, 2020
Like I feel fine and been like that for years. I don't eat loads just the odd snack now and then. Sometimes I have a massive meal on weekends and then I poo like two days in a row but other than that everything is fine.

Normally I'll poo on Sunday's with all the buildup of food over the week then it all resets again by Monday.

Yesterday I had a lamb and rice curry though was super yummy and I normally save something like this for the weekend but really had a craving due to food talk at work so today I feel a bit pooish and I've had a coffee to get my juices flowing so it'll hurry up but it's not quite there yet still in the oven and being baked.

Anyway what are your thoughts on poo frequencies? Like I said I'm fine and don't have constipation or anything like that or IBS etc. So everything is business as usual.

It depends on too many factors (age, metabolism, pills...), nobody is going to help you here. Go talk to your doctor, that's your best bet.

I can only tell you that something could be very wrong without you noticing. In short, poop has bacteria that your body needs to flush out. It's not good to keep it for days within you, because it can damage you internally on the longterm. You could think you're fine while your body is rotting from the inside. Take that shit seriously.

To all poop haters check this lifehack out; down 1/4 cup food oil before and after every meal. Your loaf will come out smooth as silk.

Except 1/2 of oil every meal will damage you really bad on the longterm. That's 1 cup of oil everyday while you should eat a teaspoon at most.

Oct 25, 2017
I used to be similar to you, OP. Couple times a week.
Then I became a vegetarian and now it's once or twice a day.
Bit of a hassle, really. But probably healthier.

Fitzgerald

Feb 23, 2018
It depends on too many factors (age, metabolism, pills...), nobody is going to help you here. Go talk to your doctor, that's your best bet.

I can only tell you that something could be very wrong without you noticing. In short, poop has bacteria that your body needs to flush out. It's not good to keep it for days within you, because it can damage you internally on the longterm. You could think you're fine while your body is rotting from the inside. Take that shit seriously.

Except 1/2 of oil every meal will damage you really bad on the longterm. That's 1 cup of oil everyday while you should eat a teaspoon at most.
Jesus, for as progressive ERA is, it's damn pseudoscientific at times. Embarassing

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Aerith would be a loud pooper I think.

I would go to a doctor because that is not right. But... How many years has this been going on? Where is your appetite? Are you losing weight? What was it like before this once a week change? Does it come out well and not like... Bloody? Massive changes in BMs are a huge symptom to a lot of serious conditions OP.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably fine as long as you aren't in pain or having trouble going. Wouldn't hurt to talk to your doctor about it but it's probably not a big deal.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
If you feel fine and your bowel movements have no issues once they actually happen it's most likely nothing to worry about. It's not common for bowel movements to be that far apart but it's not as uncommon as people here seem to think and it can vary by culture. There's no real benefit to being "regular" and the idea that it's something to strive for is a holdover from the 19th century when people took preventative laxatives because of the incorrect belief that poop staying in your body causes disease.