• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
House_Of_Lightning

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

this guy

JCtELNj.png

G.O.O.

Oct 26, 2017
Would someone be kind enough to introduce the candidates in one or two sentences so people who don't live in the US know what they're all about ?

I know it's not great if the joke is explained, but I love dril tweets and I feel like i'm missing stuff here.

Theef

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
What made this dril account famous? Just a random meme or did he do something long ago?

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
What made this dril account famous? Just a random meme or did he do something long ago?

Being funny.

One of the few FYAD (proto 4Chan, or the place that kicked out all the people who setup 4Chan for being ironically racist but not in a funny way)/Somethingawful forum comedy posters on twitter NOT to suffer extreme mental breakdowns on the platform.

Basically he's a pure internet cultural phenomenon and has not utterly imploded over the years, a small miracle.

Theef

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Being funny.

One of the few FYAD (proto 4Chan, or the place that kicked out all the people who setup 4Chan for being ironically racist but not in a funny way)/Somethingawful forum comedy posters on twitter NOT to suffer extreme mental breakdowns on the platform.

Basically he's a pure internet cultural phenomenon and has not utterly imploded over the years, a small miracle.
I was never into the 4chan crowd so I like the idea of a platform that blocks it 🤔

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Dril was super careful to never reveal any personal information about himself for many years.

Of course, he got doxxed but! people have been very cool about it and nobody really talks about his RL identity, respecting his want for privacy another rare win for the online discourse

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dril was super careful to never reveal any personal information about himself for many years.

Of course, he got doxxed but! people have been very cool about it and nobody really talks about his RL identity, respecting his want for privacy another rare win for the online discourse
Is he otherwise famous or just a dude.

KhadD

Oct 29, 2017
I believe it's some random guy from Something Awful, and we know that because he got doxxed. He didn't really care because he's some random guy from Something Awful.
It's always nice to hear about a goon project that didn't end with someone almost dieing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
House_Of_Lightning

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Yeah, he got doxxed and most folks just saw that he was largely, outside of Twitter, an "unexceptional" person.