• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wet Jimmy

Nov 11, 2017
Yoku's Island Express - great soundtrack. And you play a cheerful dung beetle :)

PS: it's also on Game Pass for Xbox and PC!

Oct 25, 2017
My top picks:
1. Slime Rancher
2. A Hat in Time

These are the only two games where I was grinning like an idiot every time I was playing them.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Forza Horizon 4 and Sea of Thieves. :)

Be free and head off towards the horizon.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
OP, Tearaway Unfolded on PS4. It is such a happy and joyful game, and it's always like $20 or $10.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
No one's mentioned A Boy and his Blob yet, so that. It includes a button specifically to hug your blob companion.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
VIVA PINATA.

If you have an xbox one X it's 4K (or 1080p). If you've got a PC the first one requires a disk and some finagling but it also runs at 1080p60 and is a lot of fun.

It's a gorgeous charming addictive game, and it's just, so happy. It's joy on a disk. If you have gamepass it's on that, or pretty cheap if not. It's in rare replay too.

First game tutorializes better. Second game has more to it. It's kind of a 1.5 edition rather than a full sequel.

lmao didn't even see this.

May 10, 2019
Nobody's mentioned A Short Hike and I'm disappointed in all of you forever.

It's the most wonderful wandering afternoon on an island ever. It's also hilarious and only takes a few hours to get through.

Honorable mentions to the Frog Detective games.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I realise I'm late, but if you come back for something else consider The Touryst.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Wandersong
Super Mario 3D World
Yoshi's Crafted World

These are some of the most jolly games I've played in recent memory.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
- Mario Odyssey
- Yoshi`s Crafted World
- Yoku's Island Express

Jun 22, 2019
Lisa the Joyful.
I mean, c'mon, joyful is in the name.

(The game is neither joyful nor is it on consoles. I just couldn't help myself.)