• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever been to Popeye's when I want it and not been satisfied with the food. Even though often the service is slow as shit, it's always so damn good when you get it it's hard to care.

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna just say Popeyes may just have the best fries in the fast food game. I had the for the first time a few weeks ago and I've craved them ever since.

I found their shrimp to be too salty for me, OP. At any rate, can't go wrong with a spicy chicken sandwich, Cajun rice and Cajun fries. Lawd what a quality meal

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
God damn it, I was just about to go to bed but now I'm hungry... there is always tomorrow I guess...

:(

Gonna just say Popeyes may just have the best fries in the fast food game. I had the for the first time a few weeks ago and I've craved them ever since.

I found their shrimp to be too salty for me, OP. At any rate, can't go wrong with a spicy chicken sandwich, Cajun rice and Cajun fries. Lawd what a quality meal

As much as I love Popeyes? The fries are rather... mediocre tbh.

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
God damn it, I was just about to go to bed but now I'm hungry... there is always tomorrow I guess...

:(

As much as I love Popeyes? The fries are rather... mediocre tbh.

I should give them another try to make sure but the batch I got was so tasty. I used to say checker's had the best but they've dipped in quality with all their food and it makes me sad.

I stand by my judgment until I go back

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
When Popeyes came to Costa Rica I have then in high regard since I always read how good they were...

Two years ago the closed shops and nobody noticed tbh. I blame the local management, but their food was nothing to brag about.

Funny enough Subway in Costa Rica is amazing, same as Quiznos, while in the USA my friends say those places are maybe ok at best.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Back before the pandemic sent everybody home, I got Popeyes once a week for lunch. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday they had a deal for a 2 piece combo for 5 bucks. Healthy? No. Delicious as hell? Yes. Maybe I'll order something tomorrow...

(Spicy dark meat 4 lyfe)

I should give them another try to make sure but the batch I got was so tasty. I used to say checker's had the best but they've dipped in quality with all their food and it makes me sad.

Checkers fries suck now?

Fuck 2020.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Bojangles is better.

Too bad none exist here in Canada...

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
Back before the pandemic sent everybody home, I got Popeyes once a week for lunch. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday they had a deal for a 2 piece combo for 5 bucks. Healthy? No. Delicious as hell? Yes. Maybe I'll order something tomorrow...

(Spicy dark meat 4 lyfe)

Checkers fries suck now?

Fuck 2020.

this may vary by location, but my location is just bottom tier now :/

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
OP its pretty easy to fry your own chicken and when you do it right you are transported to a higher state of being.

Work on that next time instead of settling for Popeyes and show us the pictures when you perfect it.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
The nearest location here in Oregon is three hours from me sadly. So only been there once, but holy shit after having nothing but kfc for 34 years it was so much better! Next time I'm in Salem I know we're I'm going for lunch lol.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

I don't know wtf happepened with Checkers in the last few years. Used to love the chicken strip/fries combo, but the last 2-3 times I got it last year, they tasted like ass.

Nov 9, 2017
I swear I just saw a commercial about a new version of their famous chicken sandwich, but now I can't find anything about it online.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Popeyes is a little overrated really. Better fried chicken can be made or purchased with fresh sides that don't get scooped out of a tub they have been in for hours.

It's good occasionally if you don't have time and in a rush but to eat frequently or if you have other options then it's going to get a pass.

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know wtf happepened with Checkers in the last few years. Used to love the chicken strip/fries combo, but the last 2-3 times I got it last year, they tasted like ass.

i got checker's last friday because it had been a while. the fries just were ok, a bit soggy which was odd, and the burger was just really flavorless and greasy. like i remember they used to season their burgers really well and it was my favorite, but now the only burger close to that is honestly mcdonald's quarter pounder patties.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Spicy Popeye's is best Popeye's. While I rock with KFC harder for that superior chicken skin, the overall package is so much better at Popeye's.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Did it cost $30 though

Now I'm hungry and it's nowhere near lunch

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
Popeyes is the best fried chicken fast food restaurant. Easily.

Love their tenders and sandwiches. Just recently tried their spicy sandwiches and they are very good.

I just wish I lived closer to one. Nearest one is about 15-20 minutes away. There aren't many in my area overall and it sucks. I'd rather have them over KFC, Canes, or Chick Fil A everyday.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Popeyes is the best fried chicken fast food restaurant. Easily.

Love their tenders and sandwiches. Just recently tried their spicy sandwiches and they are very good.

I just wish I lived closer to one. Nearest one is about 15-20 minutes away. There aren't many in my area overall and it sucks. I'd rather have them over KFC, Canes, or Chick Fil A everyday.
Yeah same, and for some reason Canes is blowing up around here. Not a fan at all. Gimme some Popeyes already

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
I almost never eat fast food any more, but I tried the spicy chicken sandwich a few weeks ago and I have to admit...it was delicious. Not too greasy either.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Had Popeyes yesterday. Their Cajun Fries and Red Beans and Rice are the sides to get.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
popeyes is my favorite trash fast food fried chicken place. but I will not eat there more than maybe once yearly, probably in the nashville airport

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
How can biscuits get so dry? They are great when hot but 5 minutes later they are neutroium

Nov 1, 2017
Popeye's food is so good they've convinced people that it's worth waiting 30 minutes minimum in a drive thru for a 60% chance of getting what they actually ordered

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Canadian folks, have you all had a chance to try Popeyes' poutine?

Fries, curds, and their cajun gravy. It's fucking good. Wish the serving size was bigger.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
After seeing this thread yesterday I picked up some on my way to work. About to chow down now.