• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
Damn, I was hoping this was a thread about the Sailor Man.

Also that popeyes looks dry and that biscuit is unappealing looking.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Popeyes biscuits are one of those things that are terrible but I will still eat the hell out of. Yes, they are dry but a mouthful of biscuit+spicy tender... you really can't beat that.

Popeyes is not as good as Bojangles, but it's still solid fast food!

I love a cajun filet biscuit, but Bojangles really needs spicy chicken tenders.

Also, cajun fries>Bojangles fries.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Popeyes biscuits are one of those things that are terrible but I will still eat the hell out of. Yes, they are dry but a mouthful of biscuit+spicy tender... you really can't beat that.

I love a cajun filet biscuit, but Bojangles really needs spicy chicken tenders.

Also, cajun fries>Bojangles fries.
I think Bojangles is better, but they are more regional.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
The spicy tenders and their BBQ is one of the great fastfood tasts one can have.

That bourbon pie they have is legit as well

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I once went to popeyes and this guy got a 3 piece or whatever and asked for bbq sauce. The person working there said he can't get any sauce because "it wasn't in the picture on the menu like the chicken tenders". He then gave the guy a pity sauce and the guy threw it back at him.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
I think their cajun fries are the shit. Everything else though? I dunnoooooooo mannnnnn.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Popeye's is the best. Of course the specific place you get it from matters too but I find even bad Popeye's are decent. Bad KFC is the worst thing on the planet.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
maxresdefault.jpg

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I like their biscuits but I always wonder what is the butter/grease stuff on the outside that creates a film in your mouth and almost has a toxic aftertaste. Come to think of it Hardee's biscuits could be the same as far as the film it leaves in your mouth. I haven't had Hardee's in like a decade though so I could be misremembering.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I once went to popeyes and this guy got a 3 piece or whatever and asked for bbq sauce. The person working there said he can't get any sauce because "it wasn't in the picture on the menu like the chicken tenders". He then gave the guy a pity sauce and the guy threw it back at him.

I must be an anomaly as I've never had a bad experience at the 3 locations I've gotten food from. Quick and courteous.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's very mediocre. The chicken sandwich were good at first but now I get them with only like 14% meat in them. Would take anywhere else over them.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
I like their biscuits but I always wonder what is the butter/grease stuff on the outside that creates a film in your mouth and almost has a toxic aftertaste. Come to think of it Hardee's biscuits could be the same as far as the film it leaves in your mouth. I haven't had Hardee's in like a decade though so I could be misremembering.

yeah something is up with those biscuits

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
You ever try Pollo Campero OP? I think its up there also. Definitely better than awful KFC. I stopped going for always somehow getting bland food.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had Popeyes once and it didn't impress me. Chick-Fil-A does chicken better. Sorry but true facts.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
remember when they had their chicken waffle tenders? those were so fucking good and they never came back

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
After ages of seeing these damn threads, my town is finally getting a Popeyes

You guys better not disappoint

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been hooked on their chicken sandwiches lately. They are just so damn delicious, and I can't see myself ever having a chicken sandwich from anywhere else again.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I've only had shrimp a few times but I'm weirdly in the mood for some. Is the popeye shrimp overly fishy?

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Popeyes is Godtier. I don't get complaints about their biscuit either. Yeah it's dense, and you may prefer a different style; but it's super buttery and nicely salted. I don't know, maybe because their biscuit is so distinct from what I get most everywhere else that it stands out it a good way to me?

mittelos

Oct 27, 2017
Got a spicy chicken sandwich for first time in a couple of months and remembered why I stopped getting them. I'm not sure what changed but they just aren't the same as when they originally came out. Like there's too much breading-to-meat ratio. Don't get me wrong, I love the crispy crunchy breading, but there's just too much, it separates weird from the chicken and starts grossing me out to the point I can't finish it.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got popeyes last week - it was honestly pretty bad, the sandwich bread was pathetic and the chicken was a bit stale.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Does Popeye have any presence whatsoever in Popeye's anymore? I remember in the 80s he was all over the restaurants and you could get nice collectible Popeye glasses too. Now it seems like they avoid him.

Argyle

Oct 25, 2017
Does Popeye have any presence whatsoever in Popeye's anymore? I remember in the 80s he was all over the restaurants and you could get nice collectible Popeye glasses too. Now it seems like they avoid him.

According to Wikipedia the restaurant is actually not named after the cartoon character although they did have a licensing agreement to use the character which has since ended.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Popeyes is one of those places i can say all their sides and biscuits are all trash imo. Chicken sandwhich, tenders, thighs, and legs are great. They must make their biscuits in bulks of 100s because they love giving that away.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ate their shrimp once and noticed none of them were de-veined. That and this gross biscuits and sides kinda threw me off from Popeyes all together. I may have to give their actual chicken another shot one day.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The nearest Popeyes to me is in the really sketchy part of town and is a pain to drive to

God, why can't there be one closer