• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I love Popeyes.

Tonight, we are DoorDashing Popeyes. In an effort to switch things up, I went with the popcorn shrimp, red beans & rice, green beans and a biscuit. My wife went with the spicy chicken sandwich with cajun fries.

Once again, I love Popeyes.

I hope your dinner is delicious as mine. Have a wonderful evening.

popeyes-southern-butterfly-shrimp.jpg

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Popeyes and DoorDash don't work out for me. I've tried it 3 times and the order has been fucked all 3 times lol.
Items were either missing or replaced by something else completely. How do you order 2 chicken sandwiches and end up with two 8 piece boxes and them hockey puck biscuits.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the Bay Area popeyes have always disappointed, but when I lived in SoCal it was soooo good every time. Don't get me wrong even a poorly cooked and made chicken sandwich is still worth it.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
their shrimp is good but i wish they gave you more

when they have shrimp meal promos i go for those

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Popeyes remains my favorite fast food (and fried chicken) establishment. Just so good.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I'm done with popeyes until after this virus stuff cools down.

Last time I got it (drive thru only) I got home to find 3 tenders in my 5 piece box. Not an issue when I'm in the store, I can just check before I leave or see it if I'm dining in, but when you drive there, wait in line, drive home and open the box to find them short changing you by 2 strips...

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
The sandwich, fries, spicy strips, and blackened ranch are all just... god tier fast food. Just outrageously good. I love the biscuits too. Only ones that are better are Hardee's, imo. Wish I could get chicken biscuit sandwiches for breakfast, tho.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Popeyes really is so good. I thought I would change it up and try other places, including Jollibee and Roscoe's. Neither were as good as Poppy

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Finally had the spicy chicken sandwich last weekend and it was delicious.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Our closest Popeye's is 20 minutes by highway. For most of quarantine it's was drive thru only. The cars wrapped around the building and it frequently took 20-30 additional minutes to get to the order box.

Once you got to the box, one of three things would happen:

1) There is a paper sign apologizing for being out of sandwiches.

2) There would be no sign, getting your hopes up, only for your order to be interrupted by the attendant to apologize for being out of sandwiches.

3) There is no sign and you order two sandwiches and wait in silent terror for the confirmation of whether or not they are out of sandwiches. But they have them, so they say nothing, and you're both just sitting there waiting for the other person to say something.

In scenarios 1 and 2, you just drive away without ordering. There is no point. But in scenario 3, it was all worth it. All the times you waited for nothing finally feel worth it too. Since you didn't give up, now you get your sandwiches, and you can commune with Popeye and finally know peace.

Until recently I was going 3-4 days a week and had about a 50% success rate. You can't beat that sandwich.

Edit: This made me reflect on the fact that I've only ever eaten Popeye's in my car.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Their biscuits are like eating grout. I'll never understand how people like 'em.

I give them to the birds every time.

Everything else? No issues at all. Probably the best fries in the game.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I made my own fried chicken tonight. My wife made biscuits to go with it. Both were great.

But I'd rather have had Popeyes.

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
have they stepped up their shrimp game? I've been avoiding them ever since that iconic Reportoftheweek video.

OP, I hope you have no disappointment and I hope your day is not ruined.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Making think I should get Popeyes. Suppose this thread served it's purpose

turtle553

Oct 25, 2017
Every time in the drive thru I ask for ketchup, they give like two handfuls. I don't get it, unless they're worried someone will choke on a dry-ass biscuit.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
It's been a while for me. I may pick some up on my way to work tomorrow.

And I just checked. I have a coupon for $5 meal. 2 piece chicken, one side and one biscuit.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Popeye's Chicken Egg and Cheese breakfast sandwiches were my jam back in the day.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I had a pretty similar meal (popcorn shrimp, rice, biscuit, sweet heat sauce) this week. Think I'm on a spicy kick this week.

Deleted member 61909

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2019