• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but I will be getting this game physical day one. I use my switch nearly exclusively docked and switching carts had never been an issue for me. I also love physical media and my collection of it. I rarely/if ever sell my games but I also like the option of being able to if I ever need to as well. I also love case artworks so I look forward to New Horizons box art.

I can see why many do but games digitally but I'll always prefer physical over digital if given the option and refuse to ever pay full price for a digital game.

Apr 21, 2018
This is how I started off OP. I figured I always wanted Mario Kart 8 on my WiiU. Then I figured I always wanted Smash. Then always Splatoon.

Now I'm 100% digital. No regrets.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have never bought anything digital on Nintendo console and plan not to. You can have your coins

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got the physical version of Mario Maker 2 and I'll be damn sure not to make a mistake like that ever again

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
471.jpg

Came here for this.

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
This is probably one of the only first party games I plan on going digital with, for all the reasons you listed. Just feels convenient.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
First game I bought was Zelda BOTW on cart. It's been inside my switch on day 1 and the rest of my games are digital. Games are so small anyway. Best way to play imo.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
It's funny but the only titles I buy digital are indie games for similar reasons in the OP. When I have a first party cart in there, my intention is to beat the game... For short bursts, I put on Downwell or something. Like at a bank or cafe waiting for someone.
Revere Flash lol

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Stupid question, digital Switch games are locked to an account not console, correct?

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Nah, I like money and I can save a lot of it by buying it physically.

I'm not into Animal Crossing but this goes with every Nintendo game because fuck are they stubborn with their prices.

ChronoMonarch

Apr 22, 2019
Everywhere At All Times
Thanks for looking out for my best of interest. I will consider this deeply. May I broaden my New Horizon with this suggestion.

While I take this into consideration, would you be so kind as to finding out how big the game will be? Thank you, this is much appreciated.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Thanks no.

- It's cheaper to buy physical
- Since it's meant to be played in small dosages, it's the perfect way to buy because then everyone in the family can simply put in in their Switch and play it too
- You have the possibility of selling it

What have we become if switching out a f'n cartridge is considered as "a hassle" these days. I can't shake my head enough about things like this.
I know, I know, it's nothing new, people have the major argument of " Then I don't have to stand up and switch out the game disc" for over 5 years now, but just because people say this for years doesn't make it any less dumb.
At least I can sell or trade my stuff again if I want or simply not liking it and I'm not stuck to a digital version.

If you have more than one Switch in the household, then the physical version is the absolute perfect way of playing this game.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry I am not that lazy to change a cartridge. I also like to sell stuff (and own it most of the time where I can)

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't you tell me this before Ring Fit came out!! Seriously, it's a pain to switch game cards twice every single day.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
I regret having bought New Leaf physical. Digital New Horizons all the way.

I sincerely hope this game is at least as good as New Leaf.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I thought about this yesterday. It would be kind of more convenient, but I don't think I'll have other games I'd want to play on the Switch around the time the game comes out, and I'll probably already have got my fill by the time I've gotten some other new physical game. I can also definitely get it cheaper physically, and with a physical copy I wouldn't need to worry about my nephews doing something stupid to my town.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
This is a good suggestion, and I need to resist preordering out of habit.

This reminds me that I need to buy another set of Nintendo vouchers, which brings the per-game cost down to £42.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I get most Nintendo games physical because of resale value, but Animal Crossing is an exception. That's because I'll end up playing it 15 - 30 minutes on a daily basis.

I do hope there's a special edition that has a download card. I want some cute AC stuff to put on a shelf and look at.

Oct 26, 2017
No need to convince me. I won't be making the same mistake I made with Smash and Splatoon here. There are those games I'll always want to play every now and again and this is definitely one of them as switching cartridges constantly is just a hassle if you're gonna ever take your Switch elsewhere, like a friend's place or to campus

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
One of the few games i will be buying digitally. I want to play it at the same time as my kids will llay it.

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
i'm gonna buy the physical version so in 10 years time i can stumble upon it while cleaning my room, smile at the cartridge fondly, and pop it in to my dusty nintendo switch to revisit the island i put 2000 hours into

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
My case can hold 10 carts at all times. I can push myself through the 15 seconds of agony as I swap them out.