• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
didn't plug in my iPhone before I fell asleep, battery dead, no alarm, hour late at work. Remember how the alarm would ring when off for old nokia phones? if the battery died it still always managed to turn on for the alarm.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Same.

I miss my 3310.

Best phone I ever owned.

nokia-3310.jpg

OP
OP
TheDanger

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
you're right I only missed it this morning cause it would have saved me from coming in an hour too late

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
if only batteries evolved as much as everything else

The 3310 had 55 hours of standby time and barely 4 hours of talk time on a fresh battery. The 11 Pro Max has five times that.

The problem is that people use their phones for stuff now. The 3310 you'd get the occasional phone call and text. Smartphones people use them near constantly. I've had an 11 Pro Max run for over a week on a single charge even with all the background shit running over the quarantine because it hasn't been my only device and I haven't had to actively use it.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I miss my Nokia E7. I loved that phone. I should look into buying one just to have.

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
I really miss phones with physical keys.
Touchscreens are so lame for typing, I hate having to look.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
I miss flip phones and some of the crazy colors and designs of some brands like Nokia and Sony Ericsson.

Exhibit 1: Phones that I adored

NOKIA 5610
images3vjj3w.jpg

SE W600
images4wfkmi.jpg

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Sometimes I miss having buttons on my phone and the satisfying sound of closing a flip phone.

Nov 8, 2017
I don't miss my 3310 at all. Sending messages and making calls on the 3310 actually costed me money. Now I can just those things (and more) over WhatsApp for free.

But I do miss my first MP3 player; my Cowon iAudio M3.

dims

I love the silver design with the separate "indiglo blue" backlit wired remote. It had 20GB HDD, played pretty much any format and could do voice recording too. I used the absolute shit out of mine, but it sadly died after only 2 years. The iAudio X5 was technically better (especially with RockBox installed), but it just never really felt the same. Playing music on a smartphone just isn't the same either.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
de-smarted and got one of the new Nokia models as my primary phone. Not the same

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
My co-worker is still clinging onto his 3110 after all these years, never even considered switching. Haven't ever had any problems with it even now. He has more of them in storage just in case his current one will stop working.

It's a SOLID phone, that's for sure. I personally never had problems with it either back in the days.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Nokia Lumia is still the best smart phone. Some might have felt it lacked app support, but it did everything I needed it to, so I didn't care

Jun 10, 2018
HMD Global (which is essentially just Nokia in all but name only) has been looking to revive the brand for some years now. I'm using the 5.0 as I type this and it's a pretty decent mid-range phone.

The new Nokia (and even the Nokia Lumias over time) lack that build quality they were once known for. I still miss my 900 precisely because of how sturdy the damn thing was.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
You miss our old Nokia compared to an iPhone?
Naoooope. I miss times without a phone. But when it comes to smart phones, fuck Nokia.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
I don't in the slightest. Was so happy when I finally ditched the Nokia for a T-Mobile Sidekick II back in the day. My current iPhone 11 Pro Max is probably the best piece of tech I have ever owned.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I remember charging my Sony Ericsson T-610 once a week, good times.

My S10 Plus can go a day and a half without charging, even if I forget to plug it in, it will have enough juice to last me 5-6 hours more after I wake up.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I vastly prefer our newer phones and their capabilities.

BUT.

I'll never be as fast as I was using T9 keys to text. The way that thing compiled a dictionary and predicted almost perfectly what I wanted to write was almost supernatural.