• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
My idea of past time is drinking beers with friends which I still do almost every day after work.

If we get hungry we'll eat something cause even tho covid is happening places are still open.

You're going out with friends almost every day?

I've seen one friend in person since March and it was in their backyard wearing masks.

This is incredibly selfish.

Oct 27, 2017
It's in the past. Let it go. Kill it if you have to.
But on a serious note, no not really. I took my kids out for lunch a few times a month but eh, can't now so move on.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
I've eaten outside (never inside) many times over the last few months. It's great.

That's coming to an end soon though, as the cold weather has begun in New England.

wallmeat

Oct 28, 2017
I get takeout occasionally and just bring it home, otherwise I've tried really hard to clean up my diet a bit so it hasn't been that bad.

That said I miss eating Korean BBQ with my friends really badly. I'm glad my last real solid memory of the before time is one where a lot of my friend group were together being shitty and kinda loud in public and just having a really good time. Maybe next year I guess.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You're going out with friends almost every day?

I've seen one friend in person since March and it was in their backyard wearing masks.

This is incredibly selfish.
Well we work together, and then drink after work, and the ones that I don't work with work at similar jobs as me. And by eating out I mean fast food drive thrus. I work at a grocery store, so I see hundreds of people everyday (besides my day off where I don't leave the house, but only because I'm an intovert and prefer staying at home in general). My fear towards corona is virtually gone. If I'm feeling sick then I just call out until I feel better but thankfully I haven't felt that. I was really sick in Feb and I wonder if that was the virus before it became public knowledge cause I felt like I was dying during then.

So I don't see how it's selfish.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
I order for pick up all the time. Due to covid, a lot of places are really fast at preparing food for pick up now. I don't miss sitting down inside restaurants at all but I do miss some restaurants that had to close down permanently because of this whole thing.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
I quit eating at restaurants long before the pandemic. I still go through drive-thrus or get carryout several times a week though.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
Restaurants are fully open again in Florida for a while now, and have been open for limited dine in for over 2 months.

Go out to eat as often as I did pre-covid at this point.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I️ only miss buffets really. Everything else I've just started to cook from home. Saving so much money

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
I'm in Texas and I have been eating in a restaurant several times a week. I do have my mask on until I eat and carry sanitizer with me. Most the the eateries I go to have sanitizing spray and towels that lets you sanitize your table yourself. All the places also only seat every other table and even then the places are less than half occupied. Yes I realize it is still a risk of catching Covid.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
I completely understand honestly restaurants and especially movie theaters are kind of my escape for things nowadays I thankfully have enough streaming options but I do kind of miss the ability just to order something talk with a waiter and smile as I take my time eating food.

A little reprieve in a world that sometimes it's rather cruel

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
Well we work together, and then drink after work, and the ones that I don't work with work at similar jobs as me. And by eating out I mean fast food drive thrus. I work at a grocery store, so I see hundreds of people everyday (besides my day off where I don't leave the house, but only because I'm an intovert and prefer staying at home in general). My fear towards corona is virtually gone. If I'm feeling sick then I just call out until I feel better but thankfully I haven't felt that. I was really sick in Feb and I wonder if that was the virus before it became public knowledge cause I felt like I was dying during then.

So I don't see how it's selfish.

... you do realize that you can get COVID, be completely asymptomatic so that you don't get sick at all, but then spread it to others, right?

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I miss it dearly. I've went twice recently and I felt like one of the few times in the past few months I've been in high spirits.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Now imagine having a gastrointestinal issue that's prevented you from eating out for the past 10+ years!

Wheeee~

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
So many selfish people in this thread really shows why we're still so deep in this mess.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Things around here seem to be hanging on. I went to a restaurant in.... like May i think.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
i go to restaurants maybe like once a week tops, and then only if they have outdoor seating and are closely following safety protocols. but yeah its getting cold in MA not sure how long thats gonna last

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Takeout? I do that a few times a month. Mixed with delivery. I don't think I'll ever be comfortable enough to dine in unless it was like a one family only ordeal. But that's not the case with dine in rn.

Pyke Presco

Dec 3, 2017
I miss wing night the most.

Used to get together with a buddy or two, grab a couple pints and some half price wings and fries, just shoot the shit for like 2 hours every Wednesday.

I mean, I also miss like nice restaurant date nights with the girlfriend, or an office lunch on a Friday that just worked it's way into an early end to the work day instead of going back to the office, but wing night is what hurts the most.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I really don't, having waiters calling my SO my sister.
Our order never arriving and having to complain so they "remember" to bring it.
Loud people on the next table over (bonus bad points if they are singing happy birthday obnoxiously loud).
Having my card being randomly denied due to a busted card reader on the place.

Of course i'm cherry picking the worst moments, but it's better this way.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The only restaurants I would eat at is fast food, which I still do as not much has changed with them. I personally don't like eating at restaurants and prefer to get take out anyway.

Cruets

Nov 1, 2017
i went to five guys for a burger the other day, just took it to go and ate in my car.

Jan 11, 2018
Just one of many, many things I miss. So many small things we took for granted before the pandemic. I certainly never will again.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
I love all the people in these threads being like "well I don't miss it so sucks to be you."
Anyways, restaurants in my state have been open since about July and so far I haven't been to any that have been packed (strict capacity limits are still in place). I would love to go more often but obviously that's not a thing right now and going out to eat was my primary way of socializing so it sucks a lot. Especially since with the way the country has handled this, a second lockdown is very likely which means yet another few months of not being able to even step foot in a restaurant. If only the idiots could follow rules

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Last weekend I went to a restaurant for the first time in months. Had a nice brunch.

Other than a long wait and having to wear a mask prior to seating, it was fine. You can still enjoy things, even when restricted.

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't often eat at sitdowns but scarfing down even some fast food in your car or on the sidewalk just feels bad.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
I love all the people in these threads being like "well I don't miss it so sucks to be you."
Anyways, restaurants in my state have been open since about July and so far I haven't been to any that have been packed (strict capacity limits are still in place). I would love to go more often but obviously that's not a thing right now and going out to eat was my primary way of socializing so it sucks a lot. Especially since with the way the country has handled this, a second lockdown is very likely which means yet another few months of not being able to even step foot in a restaurant. If only the idiots could follow rules
That kind of attitude comes up in every single thread about activities that the pandemic has made impossible or risky whether it's cinemas, eating, sports or travelling. It's like some people here never left their house even before the pandemic and are now annoyed when some people miss their favorite activities.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
That kind of attitude comes up in every single thread about activities that the pandemic has made impossible or risky whether it's cinemas, eating, sports or travelling. It's like some people here never left their house even before the pandemic and are now annoyed when some people miss their favorite activities.

Yeah that's been ERA in a nutshell this year. Every thread about people's personal grievances about the things that they miss turns into a shitshow where people engage in suffering olympics or act holier than thou because they don't miss normal things.

Stanng243

Oct 25, 2017
If you miss it that bad, why not go out to eat? Pick a restaurant that's following the recommended protocols and be smart about it. I've only eaten inside once with family, but winter in NY means no more outdoor dining.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018

Then I don't get how you don't get the selfish part. You could have COVID any time without knowing it. As someone working with the public regularly, you're actually far more likely than the average person to have it. Any contact you have with people is a chance to infect them. Which means the responsible thing is to minimize non essential contact as much as possible. You have to go to work. You don't have to go drinking every night.

Some of us have zero socialization right now. Since March, outside of a few doctors appointments, I've gone inside a building that isn't my house 3 times. Once to get a flu shot, once to vote. The one thing I've done for me was for my anniversary me and my wife made a trip to a liquor warehouse, in the middle of the day on a weekday. There was like one other customer in the whole place, and i still felt bad about it. I had my parents over twice, after they quarantined. I've seen no friends, no other family, nothing to protect myself and others. To limit chances of spreading this as much as possible.

I'm not saying everyone has to go to that extreme. I understand the desire to see friends and family now and then. God do I freaking get it. Every night though? You're going to do you, but don't lie to yourself about what you're doing.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I agree.

I have wanted to go out for sushi so bad since the beginning of all of this. I have yet to give in. I won't give in, too risky.

I did buy supermarket sushi one time when I was out on a grocery trip. It wasn't god-awful but it wasn't the same.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
We still eat at restaurants. Went to all you can eat hotpot last Friday. If you don't want to risk it then that's fine

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
I go out a couple times a week. Sunday I like to watch the Bucs play at a bar or restaurant (unless it's late). I just try to sit outside if it's doesn't look well maintained/ to many people inside.

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I live in Japan, and I can safely eat out at restaurants without much risk.

feels good man.

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
I miss getting the food fresh to the table. Even close by restaurants don't have same feel when I do take out. It's just too irresponsible to go in to eat right now for me to ever consider it.