• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Well, i've encountered some of them before, but at least they were house centipedes and not a cockroach. But still, those things gave me a creep.

OP
OP
Orion

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OP. I just want to say thank you for that opening post. My goodness was it every bit riveting as it was suspenseful.

I really like the way op sets the stage for the second fight here:

And then there's this:

This part is actually beautiful. It shows that victory may not always bring comfort. You've learned a valuable lesson. Well done, op. Well done.

Aww thanks right back! I'm honored someone found my misery inspiring~

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017

Your end is nigh.

Luckily we don't have roaches here, but I sleep in the top floor of the house and I have the occasional mouse scurrying around at night.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I went through a similar situation and you can get through this too. When I lived in southern Japan, my apartment was swarming with them. But they don't like light and they REALLY like the little traps you can put out for them. Those are your best weapons in this war. Just accept the fact they exist, secure the area and move on with your life. They won't hurt you.

Now, this story then goes to the time I came back home one day in the spring and there was a giant lizard hanging from the top corner of a wall. That still haunts me and is a story for another time.

Mar 30, 2019
From the lowest floorboard to the highest bannister OP fought him, a scurrying vermin of the darkest depths of THE BIN.

Until at last OP threw down his enemy and smote his ruin upon the bed sheet's side.

Darkness never overtook OP as he strayed within the limits of thought and time. The moon probably wheeled overhead, unseen through the roof. And every minute was as long as a life age of the Earth.

But this was not the end. OP will feel life in them again. OP shall be sent back until their task was done.

Last edited: