• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
That meal looks like a crime against chickens.

I'm making some pork ribs. They're currently marinating in a homemade dry rub, and soon to be smoked to perfection. Will be served with beans and rice, green beans, and homemade corn bread.

Oct 27, 2017
In Canada, anything made on a BBQ is considered BBQ (hamburgers, hot dogs, skewers, etc). Our BBQs tend to be predominantly propane-fueled, with small amounts of people using natural gas (connected to their home line) or charcoal. Anything smoked is typically called "American BBQ" or "Southern BBQ."

Just an FYI to all our American friends here!

Aiervon

Digital Strategist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dallas
In Canada, anything made on a BBQ is considered BBQ (hamburgers, hot dogs, skewers, etc). Our BBQs tend to be predominantly propane-fueled, with small amounts of people using natural gas (connected to their home line) or charcoal. Anything smoked is typically called "American BBQ" or "Southern BBQ."

As a Canadian (north Ontario), I've never seen this. We have grills in Canada and we grill burgers and hot dogs.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
If you're gonna talk all that smack about burgers being "cringe" worthy, you gotta post a more impressive photo than that.

It's like talking shit about Corollas when you drive an Altima.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I'm an immigrant living in a the states since 2001 and one of the biggest cultural shocks was to see those plain ass BBQs American families make.

I'm sorry but those sorry asses hamburger patties are cringe worthy! What that hell? It's like 98% of American families defines BBQ as having some small as hell hamburger meats and hot dogs.

In Latino America we call BBQ "parilla" and this is what it is
8701-CE9-D-F6-D7-4119-9-A2-B-77-CB3-DEDD99-E.jpg

I had to do it since I saw a friend posting his lame ass BBQ(hamburger patties) on IG.

*Laughs in Austin*

This shit is fucking slop.

Oct 28, 2017
I would take pics of my grill but it started raining so I had to prop a tarp with a stick and Little Caesar's boxes out the recycling.

After though, im coming for this thread!!!!!!

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
No, I'm saying slop is generally not very dry. Referring to the trash he posted as 'slop' is pretty insulting to slop in general.

Ah, OK.

Regardless, as we all know, anyone in Texas, North Carolina, Tennessee, or Kansas City would rightfully make fun of this guy.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
Glorious backfire thread.

Anyway, I'm new to grilling, so I'm just doing hamburgers and hot dogs. Anyone got any tips? I'm starting it up in about 30 min. I've grilled twice before, so talk to me like I'm an idiot.

Elrid

Oct 28, 2017
I usually don't comment on stuff like this and just let it be. BUT WTF is that shit!?

Lyon

Jun 5, 2019
I'm an immigrant living in a the states since 2001 and one of the biggest cultural shocks was to see those plain ass BBQs American families make.

I'm sorry but those sorry asses hamburger patties are cringe worthy! What that hell? It's like 98% of American families defines BBQ as having some small as hell hamburger meats and hot dogs.

In Latino America we call BBQ "parilla" and this is what it is
8701-CE9-D-F6-D7-4119-9-A2-B-77-CB3-DEDD99-E.jpg

I had to do it since I saw a friend posting his lame ass BBQ(hamburger patties) on IG.

Are you for real? That looks like some stale jerk chicken and sausage I could buy at the supermarket.....please tell me you're joking or that the picture isn't doing it justice.

Also, no potato salad? No baked Mac and cheese? No roasted sweet potatoes or breadfruit? Do better. Lol

burnsy

Banned
May 31, 2018
I am on a whole heap of USA BBQ facebook pages and they prove the complete opposite of the OP. I also spend a lot of time watching BBQ house videos on youtube would love to fly over one day and do a BBQ trail.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
biggest thread backfire I've seen in a while. Like drinking a cool glass of lemonade after working in the sun all day.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks decent. Hardly like something to create a thread about, however.
I made steaks, corn on the cob, bacon-wrapped tomato skewers and pineapple dusted with cinnamon the other day. It was good, but also not thread-worthy.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

But that is not bbq, no difference between cooking it indoors and outdoors.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I wouldn't feed that plate of food to my dog. My dog has more refined taste than you. And he wears a monocle. How's that make you feel, Captain BBQ?

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Plain ass looking rice

Carne asada >> real bbq>>> whatever the fuck you eating bro