• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So, my partner and I started a band (Self-Cut Bangs) in quarantine, as our usual projects weren't able to get together to write, practice or record and that was fairly depressing to us both. We kind of stumbled into finishing an album recorded entirely at home over the course of a couple of months and ended up being faced with the question of how a band promotes their music when they can't play a live show, tour, or really get together with friends.

When the live music industry collapsed just as professional wrestling was deemed an essential service, we had our angle. We landed on using WWE2K16's Create-A-Character options to stage a big spectacle video we'd never have been able to do in real life. It mostly involves us beating the snot out of rock stars (Axl Rose, Gene Simmons and the ultimate big bad, Phil Collins). It got even funnier (to us at least) when I realized, too late in the process, that the game doesn't allow for inter-gender matches, so I had to...create a virtual (male) stunt double for my partner with an, uhm, exaggerated chest, and then hide her face as much as possible. Anywho, here it is:

Anywho, I debated even posting this here (is this better suited for EtcetEra? It's gaming related, but also music), but I'm proud of the song, and of the ridiculousness of the video, and hope you don't hate it. Maybe give it a watch and a like)?

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Haha, cool :)

Not sure if any band ever did this, but during the heyday of Rock Band and Guitar Hero, I always wondered if a band would make a video that looked like Rock Band, with the scrolling tracks and awkward--looking models.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
I like it a lot it's great to create using other media
I don't know
Maybe I'm a little crazy but I just released my first episode of a Madden Sketch Comedy show built in Franchise mode
Thinking of creating my own thread for feedback ,dangerous I know

Status
Not open for further replies.