• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which of these Zelda game's should get the Link's Awakening Remake Treatment next?

• Legend of Zelda (NES)

Votes: 30 10.0%
  • Adventure of Link

Votes: 19 6.4%
  • A Link to the Past

Votes: 57 19.1%
  • Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons

Votes: 157 52.5%
  • The Minish Cap

Votes: 23 7.7%
  • A Link Between Worlds

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures

Votes: 6 2.0%

• Total voters

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather not get any more remakes, to be honest. Just release the Oracle Games and Minish Cap on Switch Online and then focus on making something new using the same art style.
I respect that, but I think the Oracle games are new to a lot of people, there's a lot that can be accompliced by remaking them and reintroducing them.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Zelda 1 is so barebones in plot and design that there is no point in remaking it.

Adventure of Link is very different from the rest.

All other 2D Zeldas except Oracles still look good today.

So, it only remains to make a remake of Oracles.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
Adventure of Link is probably the one most in need of updating, though I can't say I was ever particularly excited by that one.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Also I'd MUCH rather have a new 2D Zelda than a remake. Remakes aren't anywhere near as exciting as something new.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I don't see the appeal myself, ALBW has the same over worlds, so it's basically just the original dungeons that are remade. Feels a bit of a waste, when there are more interesting choices imo.
Honestly, as a huge fan of LTTP, I hated ALBW, it was so boring and new dungeons felt so bad in comparison, plus the buying/renting of tools sucked, i'd rather go find them.

Gezech

Oct 28, 2017
The Oracle games are probably the Zelda games I replay the most aside from OoT/MM. So it'd be great to have them updated with LA remake graphics.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Why are people not picking Four Swords/Adventures? The GCN game was super fun and it's one of the only Zelda games to never see a rerelease.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people not picking Four Swords/Adventures? The GCN game was super fun and it's one of the only Zelda games to never see a rerelease.
Thier graphics have technically aged better than Oracles games, and I prefer the tranditional Zeldas, rather than stages, so overall I think Oracle games could value more.

Also FSA's world/visual style is closer to ALTTP, and I'm getting tired of that.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017

They have been conditioned to hate multiplayer and fun.

Thier graphics have aged better than Oracles games, and I prefer the trandional Zeldas, rather than stages, so overall I think Oracle games could value more.

FSA is the only game in the poll that likely can't be played to its fullest through conventional means though.

Even if you have original hardware for all these games, the odds are slim you can get three other people to play in-person, four GBAs, and 4 GBA-GCN link cables

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Link's Awakening is my favorite Zelda game and I couldn't even finish the remake, which says a lot considering how short that game is.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I like the style I just want it to look sharper and run better.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
They have been conditioned to hate multiplayer and fun.

FSA is the only game in the poll that likely can't be played to its fullest through conventional means though.

Even if you have original hardware for all these games, the odds are slim you can get three other people to play in-person, four GBAs, and 4 GBA-GCN link cables
Maybe, but I don't think it needs a full remake, the graphics have technically aged well, perhaps a remaster with a new control scheme would work well like Skyward Sword.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
It would be really cool to get a single Zelda game in that style that combined Seasons and Ages into one big adventure. I waited a long time to buy Link's Awakening 2019 at a decent price, but I'd hop on a combined Oracle duology day 1.

Theanine

Oct 3, 2020
I disliked the art style initially but it VERY quickly grew on me. It's incredibly charming and cute, just like the original was. And the voices for Link and other characters were well-done. (Always laughed at Link's "falling down" scream, it sounds really funny.)

While I was playing the remake I couldn't stop thinking about what the Oracle games would look like in that style. I think they'd be perfect for it.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I really want Grezzo on a brand new 2D Zelda first tbh.

After that, AOL since I'm never touching the original version but it seems like a unique Zelda I'd like to play with QOL changes.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
I love love loved the style! If they could just fix the frame rate issues, I'd be happy to get any Zelda game in that style. Either that or have them switch it up and try different toy styles and/or kinds of materials.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
I love links awakening ... I think the art style looked beautiful

I dont think it fit that game tonally
I would like a similar treatment for other zeldas but not exactly the same