• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which of these Zelda game's should get the Link's Awakening Remake Treatment next?

• Legend of Zelda (NES)

Votes: 30 10.0%
  • Adventure of Link

Votes: 19 6.4%
  • A Link to the Past

Votes: 57 19.1%
  • Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons

Votes: 157 52.5%
  • The Minish Cap

Votes: 23 7.7%
  • A Link Between Worlds

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures

Votes: 6 2.0%

• Total voters

Deleted member 33057

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Playing this game filled me with so much joy and nostalgia the entire way through. I love how faithful in spirit it felt to the original, I love how it looks and plays, I love how it sounds, I love everything about it. The whole time playing I kept thinking "Grezzo needs to be put on full remake duty for the rest of this series", and I believe they do, especially for lesser known Zelda games like the Oracle games.

Separately, the dungeon maker mode has completely captured my attention and I may or may not be writing a email to Nintendo asking for a full game based on this concept. I don't know how fun a Top Down Zelda Maker would be compared Mario Maker, but I know the concept can work thanks to this game. Imagine having different skins from NES, SNES, GB, and 3D top down Zelda games, and different chambers.

Anyway, I know this post is kinda all over the place, but share your thoughts on the LA remake, potential future remakes, and a Zelda Maker!!

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I did not mind Link's Awakening remake. But for the next title they really need to fix the framerate because it was awful.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Gimme the Oracle games. Where they at?

It prints money, too. $60 each with overlapping assets and game engine, they'd make bank off it.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I don't want the same art style as LA, but a Minish Cap remake with a cartoon aesthetic would be my shit

OP
OP

Deleted member 33057

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I did not mind Link's Awakening remake. But for the next title they really need to fix the framerate because it was awful.
The frame rate does need improvements, but I was shocked at how little I cared or even noticed while playing. I feel like it was overblown on here.

I would love to play Ages / Seasons in that style.
I think these games would sell amazing with remakes, especially since the original games used the same assets as Link's Awakening, so they make the most sense anyway.

unicornKnight

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Can't wait for the next "-hope this isn't full price -of course it is this is nintendo -lol 60$ for a 2d remaster no way -people will buy anything with nintendo on it" cycle.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say Minish Cap, but there's no way they'd do a better job with the visuals.

Minish-Cap-Mt-Crenel.gif

28c6734cf1ec8065cf152509076db69f3a4de5a7_hq.gif

Therefore, I choose Four Swords/Adventures so that we could get multiplayer Zelda on the switch pls

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Ages and Seasons together as one would be incredible. It's been so long since I played them.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I generally don't mind remakes, I'm not precious about art style, enjoyed all the other Zelda remakes

but fuck I hate the Link's Awakening remake with a passion. Can't stand how it looks, the framerate issues are extremely distracting (and again not something I normally care about) and it all just made me yearn for the original, which is my favorite 2D entry easily.

so yeah I'd prefer they went a different direction with future remakes. I love Ages and Seasons and would like them to look or play nothing like LA.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's a basic response, but the Oracle games would be nice in this style.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ages and Season are one of my favorite games!! I hope that one day they remake them and put them into one package.

Does capcom have some copyrights on those games? Maybe on the characters they "invented"?

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
First: ALTTP from my perspective.
Second: Don't think a Zelda Maker would work. Zelda Dungeons are just not singular things like Mario levels. Zelda is an adventure, don't think there is a way to make a "Maker" that is actually fun and engaging.

OP
OP

Deleted member 33057

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 14, 2017

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
I hated it. The framerate was awful. The style was ugly. It was embarrassingly bad for the price. I mean it chugs.

Nintendo's Zelda remakes have been handled so poorly. Wind Waker HD botched the cozy lighting and style of the original and added an awful bloom and terrible effects that made link look awful in low-light situations. Twilight Princess on the other hand -- a game which desperately needed a facelift got none of the needed attention.

The only good thing to come out of the Link's Awakening remake was Marin's Song with lyrics. So far Ocarina of Time 3D may be the only serviceable remake.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
I voted 4swords Adventures just so we could have a modern less cumbersome way of playing it. I can go back and play all the others just fine as they are but 4swords is a hassle because of the whole gba link cable nonsense.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I don't think link to the past and link between world need it as it's a very similar art style.

I would love to see all the geboy and GBA Zeldas given this treatment and more new games in this style

OP
OP

Deleted member 33057

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Also Breath of the Wild and the Oracle games share the same director (Hidemaro Fujibayashi), so maybe there's a better chance since he's in a more prominent role now?

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
My vote is still for the First Zelda. Though, I definitely wouldn't want it to ape the Awakening remake's art style...

tumblr_povs1tFDSm1ueapts_500.jpg
tumblr_povs1rZWAN1ueapts_500.jpg

Also, instead of a "Zelda Maker", they'd be better off spinning off the "Second Quest" idea, and just make an official Zelda 1 Randomizer mode. Nigh-endless replay value.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Same type of game, as in a top down Zelda, but a new game and not another boring remake

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Oracle games are the only ones that feel like they would really benefit from it. I'd like to see how they would mash them together into one big game

Oct 25, 2017
If the next 2d Zelda is a remake I'll be super disappointed. Yeah I enjoyed links awakening, but no more remakes for a while, please.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
I'd only want them to reuse the new Link's Awakening art style for the Oracle games. The originals literally used the same engine and art assets as Link's Awakening so they can easily do the same thing with the new engine and assets. Surely it'd be pretty cheap and quick for them to knock them out

Any other game remake should use a different art style

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Oracle games wins because there's two of them, but even if it's just Ages or Seasons alone, it's still arguably the best choice.

oracles4j34.png

Those games were really ambitious for the Gameboy, some locations like the underground realm of Subrosia, I'd like to explore with reimagined graphics. Changing the seasons could look pretty with a new art style, and upgrading the bosses' appearances.

clipboard01x5jkb.png

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I'd like the following please
  1. Zelda II done in the same style as the Wonder Boy remake by Lizardcube
  2. HD online and local multiplayer enabled re-release of Four Swords Adventures
  3. Oracle of Ages and Seasons with the same graphical style as Link's Awakening on one cart for $60

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
Link's Awakening Remake was awesome, one of my fav games of 2019.
hope Ninty brings more top down Zeldas to Switch, especially my favorite ALBW, don't even need to be a remake.

now, Oracle games would benefit so much from Remake treatment.

mudron

Feb 13, 2020
You don't even need to entirely remake it, just assign a skeleton crew to spend, like, 2 weeks fixing the one Zelda game that needs a fundamental tune-up: Zelda II.

All you'd need to do is fix even just two of the game's three fundamental problems (limited lives, being sent back to the start of the game when you DO run out of lives and the loss of all XP you've earned but haven't spent when you get a Game Over), label the ROM a "new and revised" version of The Adventure of Link and upload it to the Switch NES Virtual Console.

If you wanted to get extra-fancy without going in for a full remake, include all three of the changes listed above, an NPC who gives you a hint about the correct path through Death Mountain, knock back the difficulty in Death Mountain a bit, and include an in-game dungeon map like all the other Zeldas, and whammo, you've mostly brought Zelda II up to code with all the other games.

Jan 29, 2018
I want A Link Between Worlds on Switch so badly. I think it's a top 3 Zelda game, and it deserves a HD treatment.

I would try the Oracle games again if they got remade but they never clicked with me the way other 2d Zeldas did. In my memory they relied on too many leaps of logic and overly obtuse puzzles, combined with some occasionally shitty pathfinding in the overworlds. I got 6 or 7 dungeons into each one but never finished either.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure remakes of the Oracle games are coming. That's easy money for Nintendo, and if Nintendo likes one thing, it's easy money.

MorningDew

Oct 27, 2017
I'm currently playing LA and was thinking of creating a LTTP for this but you beat me to it. I haven't played LA in about 8 years so the game feels very new to me. I love the graphics. They're gorgeous.

The frame rate does need improvements, but I was shocked at how little I cared or even noticed while playing. I feel like it was overblown on here.

I'm playing this docked and yes, I see frame rate issues at times. I think it's worse if you are using it in portable mode.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Ditch the art style, but yay to more remakes. A remake of the first game would be amazing.
I'd rather they choose oracle games because they're at least twice as long (actually I guess 4x), and there's loads of interesting towns. Maybe you find the wasteland setting in the original interesting, but yeah I'd rather they have the epic worlds of the oracle games.

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020
I'd rather not get any more remakes, to be honest. Just release the Oracle Games and Minish Cap on Switch Online and then focus on making something new using the same art style.