• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Seriously they are all fire and depending on the part that is getting animated and who is in charge of the OST. We get some absolutely amazing representation of characters in music form. Specifically Part 5 Golden Wind. The main cast has some excellent music tied to theme let's look at part 5 with Abbaccio's theme

(I'm gonna steal a youtube comment for this as I found it worded what I wanted to say better then I could at the moment)

"I think this is my favorite theme conceptually and musically. The distant, ambient noise in the beginning that has a kind of placid energy to it which is somehow strung with tension makes for a really good opening for a very explosive yet reserved character. You can hear the police sirens wailing in the distance too, which is really cool because it not only ties to his backstory but also displays how his past is permanently a part of his character. Then, you can hear Giorno's theme being replayed faintly as it is fast forwarded, showing Giorno's conflict with Abbachio and how he doesn't care at all for the newbie. The reversed zipper sounds toward the end is a nice touch because it shows his loyalty to Bucciarati, a stark contrast between his relationship with Giorno. Finally, just when you think that the theme is kind of weak musically, you get a truly badass theme which I feel really represents Abbachio's hardened and complex personality. Also, the whole gimmick of 'replaying' parts of other peoples' songs is really cool"

There is also this piece from Part 4 Diamond is Unbreakable that has stayed with me years after it aired.

I love this one a lot like I don't even know how to put it into words. I know that is rather meh after I pasted that blurb from the other video. But it's the truth. The mix of sadness and happiness in this track just gets to me at times.

What say you Anime Era/JoJo Era? What are your favorite tracks from this franchise?

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
I'm with you. I started paying attention to JoJo OSTs from Part 4 onwards. To be honest, they're all great, to the point it's hard picking my top 10 favorites. My personal favorites are The Right Path, Risotto's theme, and Narancia's theme. I'm also a big fan of Requiem from Part 3. The OST of Jojo is part of why i'm excited for Part 6 adaptation. If we get the same composer, we'll be getting more great soundtracks!

OP
OP
Cantaim

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Awaken is hype AF and absolutely slaps.

Also Bloody Stream and Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town are some of my favourite anime openings
Crazy Noisy Bizarre town might be one of my favorite anime openings ever. It's so good.

I'm with you. I started paying attention to JoJo OSTs from Part 4 onwards. To be honest, they're all great, to the point it's hard picking my top 10 favorites. My personal favorites are The Right Path, Risotto's theme, and Narancia's theme. I'm also a big fan of Requiem from Part 3. The OST of Jojo is part of why i'm excited for Part 6 adaptation. If we get the same composer, we'll be getting more great soundtracks!
Yeah it's insane I remember how much my jaw dropped in part 4 when I heard evolution for the first time In Part 4 and I realized the composer was combining all of Koichi's past themes together to create something new. Been hooked on these ost's ever since

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Haven't seen the show (might read the manga instead), but godbless whoever recommended Giorno's theme because that shit is fire, I was playing it daily months ago.

Oct 25, 2017
It slaps SO god damn hard.
The only anime to come close to JoJo as a series music wise is DBS Broly and the 2011 Hunter x Hunter.

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, JoJo S1 will always have a special home in my heart. OP, ED, story, characters, love it so damn much.

Also, if we're talking JoJo Quad City remixes...

Can't decide between the two.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
The OST and sound effects make Jojo just an incredible sonic experience.

Part5 sounds espcailly blew me away. Loved everytime you heard moody blues frequency noise, or the zipper man sound