• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Wanda is one of my favorites in the MCU. It pains me how under utilized she has been but thankfully That is being corrected with Wandavision (which has been great so far.)

I was frustrated with how underpowered she has been in the movies when she should be wrecking most enemies the avengers have faced fortunately her moment came in Engame when she owned Thanos (before Thanos called in third party help in desperation.)

"I Don't even know who you are"
"You Will"

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Also Captain Marvel. She was kicking Thanos' ass too if not for the Infinity stones.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Funny watching WandaVision and then this clip.

Like, oh yeah, this is the same person. From Thanos to dinner parties.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
When your only play against a single person is to do massive party wiping AOE, yeah, you're getting your as kicked.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
People learn pretty quickly not to piss off the Scarlet Witch.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
She was the Avenger for all of us, for what Thanos put us all though at the end of Infinity War. Awesome scene.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to see Hulk overpower him physically, god damn it.
I really love endgame and they did a did a great job with specific character moments that I think people forget a lot of the missed opportunities or missteps they had in the chaos. Hulk basically never interacting with Thanos again after getting his ass kicked is one of them.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I do, but I wish her character arc was less about her getting emotionally rekt.

Fortunately, there's a show to fix that, in which I'm sure nothing bad will happen to her.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool scene.

Still cringe a little at the moment with all the MCU woman heroes together in frame. It isn't earned at all because most of them haven't interacted with each other.

Though from what I remember people in my theater clapped so I guess it worked.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I really love endgame and they did a did a great job with specific character moments that I think people forget a lot of the missed opportunities or missteps they had in the chaos. Hulk basically never interacting with Thanos again after getting his ass kicked is one of them.

I'm not sure a "rematch" would have made much sense with Bruce's mindset at that point. He doesn't want to fight and moved on from that loss.

I think Hulk being the one to undo the Snap was a good replacement for a rematch fight.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
BTW, this is kind of funny to think about how this works on a revenge-ethics level. I mean, he's already attempting genocide, so basically any retaliation against him is defacto justified, but Scarlet Witch is attacking him out of personal vengeance.

Except Thanos doesn't know who she is because he never interacted with her. It was his future self that now doesn't exist.

So is Wanda right to take her anger out on THIS Thanos, who technically never did anything to her?

Or does the fact that he basically would do the same thing if given the chance, and with less respect towards her than IW/Thanos showed basically amount to the same thing of THIS Thanos being the rightful recipient of her rage?

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Scarlet Witch is so powerful, it was great seeing that on screen knowing full well how strong Thanos is individually. Seeing her and Captain Marvel roll up and just ruin Thanos' good time was so much fun.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
BTW, this is kind of funny to think about how this works on a revenge-ethics level.

Thanos doesn't know who she is because he never interacted with her. It was his future self that now doesn't exist. Technically, he never did her any wrong.

So is Wanda right to take her anger out on THIS Thanos, who technically never did anything to her?

Or does the fact that he basically would do the same thing if given the chance, and with less respect towards her than IW/Thanos showed basically amount to the same thing of THIS Thanos being the rightful recipient of her rage?
At that point Thanos is actively trying to kill everyone in existence so I don't think it's morally wrong for Wanda to try and kill two birds with one stone.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it was really cool, had him good. It's a film series so I don't expect them to live up to insane power levels all the time but it does seem weird how they suddenly get wrecked, Captain Marvel is basically Superman without any downsides.

fade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They always have to find excuses to depower the most powerful to increase the conflict. Thor, Hulk, Marvel, and Wanda all given some BS excuses.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
It was always really frustrating to watch her getting her ass kicked when trying to protect Vision.

Actually, pretty much all of her fight scenes except this last one were frustrating to watch. She always seemed like she can rip apart or throw anyone around easily, and almost never did. Every time she did decide to do it, it ended the fight instantly.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
At that point Thanos is actively trying to kill everyone in existence so I don't think it's morally wrong for Wanda to try and kill two birds with one stone.

Of course it's not morally wrong. But I think it is worth noting that sometimes revenge takes a 'Yeah, whatever' route that abandons it's usual eye for an eye ethos.

I don't not want Wanda to do this, in other words. I'm just noting how funny it is that technically this thanos really didn't do anything to her specifically (the thing she's actually mad about) that he isn't currently doing to everyone.

It's such a "Fuck it, you'll do" take on revenge.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
BTW, this is kind of funny to think about how this works on a revenge-ethics level.

Thanos doesn't know who she is because he never interacted with her. It was his future self that now doesn't exist.

This Thanos is still a genocidal maniac, here to recreate his future self's act of universal genocide.

I think she's in the clear.

OP
OP
jman1954goat

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
It was always really frustrating to watch her getting her ass kicked when trying to protect Vision.

Actually, pretty much all of her fight scenes except this last one were frustrating to watch. She always seemed like she can rip apart or throw anyone around easily, and just never does.
I think we have to accept for plot convince MCU Scarlet Witch is a Glass Cannon who takes damage very easily.

I just Hope they always remember the the Cannon part and that she should be extremely powerful when using her powers.

Mar 10, 2018
I'm not sure a "rematch" would have made much sense with Bruce's mindset at that point. He doesn't want to fight and moved on from that loss.

I think Hulk being the one to undo the Snap was a good replacement for a rematch fight.
Yup. In the end Bruce made peace with the Hulk by using what he once thought was a force for destruction to actually become a force for preservation, pulling off the most impressive feat in the MCU by resurrecting trillions of life forms. I'm sure there's no other accomplishment Banner is more proud of.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

Actually, pretty much all of her fight scenes except this last one were frustrating to watch. She always seemed like she can rip apart or throw anyone around easily, and almost never did. Every time she did decide to do it, it ended the fight instantly.
I thought she was purposely holding herself back because the last time she lost control of her powers she accidentally blew up a building with people inside it.

Oct 29, 2017

Thanos doesn't know who she is because he never interacted with her. It was his future self that now doesn't exist.

Yeah, it's like the hypothetical of "if you could go back in time and kill baby Hitler, would you?". I think most people would say yes, but there is definitely a layer of psychology there to discuss. Like others have said though Thanos is already a mass murdering power hungry lunatic, so anyone trying to take him down in that moment is already justified. But her PERSONAL revenge on him is certainly a great conversation to have considering this version of Thanos never even met her.

Such a great audience pop when that happened.

Oh 100%. There were so many moments like this in that final assault. Cap with Mjolnir got a lot of excitement too.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Yep Wanda could have killed Thanos then and there, saving Tony in the process. If Carol had arrived just a liiiiittle bit sooner to take out the command ship it would have been over.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Wanda and Carol should have b-lined straight for Thanos, they could taken him out while the other avengers simply kept the stones away from him.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"I don't even know who you are." pretty much summed up why I didn't care about anything that happened in that finale.

It didn't help that Thanos's initial assault on the HQ had me laughing like El Risitas.

Last edited:

Lord Bandi

Apr 30, 2020
Yup. In the end Bruce made peace with the Hulk by using what he once thought was a force for destruction to actually become a force for preservation, pulling off the most impressive feat in the MCU by resurrecting trillions of life forms. I'm sure there's no other accomplishment Banner is more proud of.

nah fam, this is neither the story Hulk fans wanted nor needed for the finale of this story.

It's was a complete swing and miss and the most disappointing part of the movie, the pay off was terrible cause you have at minimum two other characters who could have done the same thing in Captain Marvel and Thor.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017

It's hard to blame them, since the movie was so packed, but the Hulk really was let down in Endgame. Not only did he not get a chance to Hulk out against Thanos, the storyboards also had a Giant-Man/Hulk/Spider-Man double-fastball-special that never made it, and a sequence of the Hulk pummelling Black Panther to charge his kinetic energy suit. All three could've been awesome Hulk moments.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I love her power scaling

From barely learning how to use her powers in Captain America Winter Soldier
To using them at a early-stage level in Age of Ultron
Then stopping explosions and altering an indestructible being's density in Civil War
Followed by redirecting weaponized warships and destroying an Infinity Stone in Infinity War
And finally nearly crushing a demigod-like being by compressing him with his own armor in Endgame

Can't wait to see how her reality shaping powers come to form in WandaVision, and then one day, maybe we'll get to see her come to her true Villain form and utter the words "No more mutants."

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Movie Thanos is a fraction as powerful as the comic version, he has no powers other than he is strong.

Oct 28, 2017
Movie Thanos is a fraction as powerful as the comic version
dy_avegxkacciyd5rkak.jpg

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
"I don't even know who you are." pretty much summed up why I didn't care about anything that happened in that finale.

I kind of understand this opinion. But he was still Thanos and the heroes knew he was. And he was about wipe out humanity a second time.

It didn't help that Thanos's initial assault on the HQ had me laughing like El Risitas.

This is weird.